Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on Grove park, Lower Rathmines Road - Is it free?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I will be renting an apartment just off grove park road, lower rathmines road(near spar). The apt. does not come with a parking space and the landlord does not know much information. So is car parking on the grove road free for residents? or should I get a parking permit from any council? Iam new to dublin and any help regarding parking in lower rathmines road will be very helpful.Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If parking is a deal breaker, I'd contact the City Council first to see are you entitled to a permit.
    http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin-parking-city-residents/buy-parking-permit
    Very odd that the landlord says he/she doesn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

According to google street view its residents only 7 days a week.
    I may be wrong, but I believe even when apartments are on the street, it's only houses that are entitled to residents parking disks and not the apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that about 900 buses cross Portobello Bridge every day on weekdays, with more buses at Harrington Street / Camden Street, Ranelagh and Harold's Cross. You can get Luas at Charlemont. There are 3 DublinBikes stations nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Victor wrote: »
    Note that about 900 buses cross Portobello Bridge every day on weekdays, with more buses at Harrington Street / Camden Street, Ranelagh and Harold's Cross. You can get Luas at Charlemont. There are 3 DublinBikes stations nearby.

Thanks. I know this information but I do need a car park for my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I doubt there is enough parking on the road there for all the converted apartments to have a space but I'm sure you can apply for a residents permit once you move in.

It's definitely not free anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

As far as i know its permit parking which is 50 quid a year from DCC.
    You'll need your car registered and insured at the address to be able to apply for permit

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

^^ This, and remember that having a permit doesn't guarantee you a space.

Advertisement