If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic plasma

Options
  • 16-11-2014 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hello,

is any brand new or ex-display models left for sale? ST, GT, VT or ZT series 50 inch or over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi I also would be quite keen as well

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Dermondo and Darka78.

Unfortunately there are none of those models left at all. They have been finished now for a good while.

All the Plasmas have now gone. Most manufactures have now stopped producing Plasma.
    Some of the New 4K screens are producing fantastic pictures on HD and Blu ray for Black levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭darka78

Hi Dermondo and Darka78.

Unfortunately there are none of those models left at all. They have been finished now for a good while.

All the Plasmas have now gone. Most manufactures have now stopped producing Plasma.
    Some of the New 4K screens are producing fantastic pictures on HD and Blu ray for Black levels.
    There is little or no content to watch in 4k as now. What TV in terms of quality near those plasmas would you recommend? My main points would be no motion blur or ghosting(in sports, and fast action movies) and great blacks. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

darka78 wrote: »
    Hi Dermondo and Darka78.

There is little or no content to watch in 4k as now. What TV in terms of quality near those plasmas would you recommend? My main points would be no motion blur or ghosting(in sports, and fast action movies) and great blacks. 
    Hi Darka78.

There may be very little 4K content but the panels used in those screens are superior to the normal Full HD ones. This gives a much better contrast for Blacks and Whites. The 4K screens are as close as you will get to Plasma quality.

The Panasonic TX50AX802 priced at £1499.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx50ax802b/pana-tx50ax802b

There is also the Samsung UE55HU7200 priced at 1399.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55hu7200/sams-ue55hu7200

These would be the two screens I would be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

Hello,

is any brand new or ex-display models left for sale? ST, GT, VT or ZT series 50 inch or over?
    I will have a  Panasonic 50ST60 going up on adverts soon - still has 4.5 years left on warranty

• Advertisement

gsp119 wrote: »
    Hello,

I will have a  Panasonic 50ST60 going up on adverts soon - still has 4.5 years left on warranty
    Do you mind asking why you selling it? What price you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

Hello,

It was first plasma I have bought - and while it is leagues above any LCD/LED i have owned -  I just can't get used to picture buzz that a plasma tv's come with ( Yes I am OCD ) haven't looked at price yet - will have to dig out my invoice
    pm me if you are intersted - can give you a demo if you like
    cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hello,

It was first plasma I have bought - and while it is leagues above any LCD/LED i have owned -  I just can't get used to picture buzz that a plasma tv's come with ( Yes I am OCD ) haven't looked at price yet - will have to dig out my invoice
    pm me if you are intersted - can give you a demo if you like
    cheers
    To be fair, most Pana plasma will run silently - if you do have an issue ( I'm not sure where you're based) I'd give the guys at Plasmacare a shout - they are a Pana authorised service centre and I'd recommend them highly, especially for Panasonic, they will generally even come out to you free of charge if its a warranty issue on a Panasonic - speak to Seamus or John  - you can get them here:
    http://plasmacare.ie/

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Lads, be very careful choosing Philips LCD TVs if you are interested in watching sports.

I purchased a 40" Philips LCD from the Philips Shop in Dublin about a month before the shop closed. It was a decent spec and I asked about sport/ motion etc and the guy said that it was perfect for that. TV cost approx €550.

I am continually frustrated watching hurling especially but otyher sports because of a shadow and ghosting of the ball as it goes across the screen. A much older LCD TV (though smaller) doesnt exhibit that and similar sizes that other family members have dont exhibit it either. I contacted Philips a few times but none of the suggestions worked out and I just didnt have the time to keep chasing it.

My advice would be to not rule out an LCD but make sure that you check the model when fast action sports is on just to make sure that the picture is acceptable to you.   

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Please note I honestly don't know anything about that Company that Legrand posted - please don't take that post as an RS recommendation!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

dixiefly wrote: »

My advice would be to not rule out an LCD but make sure that you check the model when fast action sports is on just to make sure that the picture is acceptable to you.   
    That is why I am still looking for plasma Panasonic as they have no motion blur.Those newest LCD/LED not even close to handle fast action scenes. Maybe OLED would do but that they at least 3-5 years away them to be affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

dixiefly wrote: »

That is why I am still looking for plasma Panasonic as they have no motion blur.Those newest LCD/LED not even close to handle fast action scenes. Maybe OLED would do but that they at least 3-5 years away them to be affordable.
    Have a search here
    https://www.avforums.com/forums/which-tv-should-i-buy.367/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.