Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ward River in Swords 15-011-14 (aka the "Jacko")

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't think it's ever flooded as badly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Great pic. Passed it on the school run on Fri morning and it was more like a lake than a river.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

I don't think it's ever flooded as badly before.

About a decade ago it burst its banks throughout the entire valley. It was truly breathtaking. This picture is nothing in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Pompous wrote: »
    About a decade ago it burst its banks throughout the entire valley. It was truly breathtaking. This picture is nothing in comparison.

I remember that. Paths were washed away, had to be rebuilt etc. was pretty bad.

I remember that. Paths were washed away, had to be rebuilt etc. was pretty bad.

Yeah it's amazing how much damage the river did in such a short space of time.

Here are some more pictures from Saturday. Not as impressive but they show the height of the river more clearly.

http://imgur.com/a/FzCx2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Went to kayak it the last time it was like that. Smelt quite foul to be honest but some meaty stretches of whitewater therein. She'll break her banks again on Friday most likely.

Haha you mad scone! Yeah it doesn't smell the may west, but there's some serious rapids down by the castle shopping centre.

Advertisement