Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be allowed to come off BTEA without any hassle?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have been in receipt of back to education allowance since September but the truth is while on work experience I have been offered a full time position within the company and the money I will get for this job is much needed right now

I feel lucky to have gotten work in my chosen career but also feel bad for leaving college. I got offered the job last week and did not attend college this week due to work experience, and have to tell social welfare tomorrow that I am leaving.

My question is mainly, will social welfare act like I have waisted their time? And will they force me to pay back the last two months? Which I'm sure I could try and do if it came to that. And will they view the weeks off for work experience as me being absent from college.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just in a bit of a dilemma at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

If the work experience is part of your course then you are entitled to get BTEA for it. Just get a letter from your college stating that.

I am fairly sure social welfare won't have a problem. The BTEA is supposed to help you upskill to get a job. And you have managed to do that - well done and congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Congrats, Social Welfare wont have a problem with this, and you wont have to pay the last two months back.

Advertisement