Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Domains & Google Wallet

• 16-11-2014 6:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

(I know webhisting is banned, but this is just domains - and its google, I'm hoping it's ok - sorry if not)

Google Domains now lets you register domain named and manage them. They are cheap and offer free anonymity.

So I tried to transfer one in, and it all goes ok but when I get to payment stage, Google Wallet only has a very old card registered. It wont let me add a new one. US only I think. I log in and add a new card, but it wont show on the payment page for Google domains.

Am I stuffed here or is there a way around?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zascar wrote: »
    (I know webhisting is banned, but this is just domains - and its google, I'm hoping it's ok - sorry if not)

Google Domains now lets you register domain named and manage them. They are cheap and offer free anonymity.

So I tried to transfer one in, and it all goes ok but when I get to payment stage, Google Wallet only has a very old card registered. It wont let me add a new one. US only I think. I log in and add a new card, but it wont show on the payment page for Google domains.

Am I stuffed here or is there a way around?
    Thanks

Google Wallet is a pain. My account has been suspended (I changed my adress to redeem a US gift card I was given) and under review for about a year now. Recently they allowed me to spend on Play again, but that's it.
    I'd be very cautious buying a domain from a company that simply won't talk to you to resolve an issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Is there a specific reason you want to use Google Domains? You shouldn't have much of a problem matching or beating the Google domain prices (including privacy protection) with one of the larger registrars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Zascar wrote: »

Google is a registrar and a hosting provider.

I could argue that Blacknight is a registrar ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Locked.

From the charter:

LoLth wrote: »
    11. Discussion or recommendation of web hosting companies, or the packages offered by various web hosts is not permitted on boards.ie owing to a long, long history of these types of threads not working. This is non-negotiable.

Since many of these hosting providers also provide domain registration services, discussion or recommendation of these providers is also banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement