Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year WHV Oz

Options
  • 16-11-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm planning on heading to Australia next Sept on a Work Holiday Visa. I'll be finished college in May and was gonna take the gap year before pursuing any further courses/career. More than likely going on my own. Just looking for bar work, work on fruit farm, etc. in order to travel.
    Was thinking of just getting my visa myself and my insurance, etc. instead of going through usit. Did a j1 with them during the summer and I just found that there was a lot of hidden charges involved.
    Also, can anyone advise me as to where the best destination starting point?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Find the 417 visa on the australian immigration website, click apply, fill in the online form, pay, done.

It really is that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

Yep I'd recommend doing the whole thing yourself. There is nothing to it. If you get your 88days farm/specified work done you can get your 2nd year visa. I applied and paid for it at 9pm on a Tuesday and had it granted the next morning at 9am. It's a pretty good system in terms of visa applications, no messing about.

Advertisement