Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets for Ireland V Poland next year.

• 16-11-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering what's the best way to get tickets to the away match late next year. I'm not in any supporters clubs and haven't been to a match in a while. living in Poland now so will go to this if i can. But would prefer tickets in the away end for obvious reasons.

Is it even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just wondering what's the best way to get tickets to the away match late next year. I'm not in any supporters clubs and haven't been to a match in a while. living in Poland now so will go to this if i can. But would prefer tickets in the away end for obvious reasons.

Is it even possible?
    I'd say you will struggle for obvious reasons, it'll be a popular one. Wouldn't really advise going into the home end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

CSF wrote: »
    I'd say you will struggle for obvious reasons, it'll be a popular one. Wouldn't really advise going into the home end.

You do know we are loved in Poland after our behaviour in the Euros

[/B]

You do know we are loved in Poland after our behaviour in the Euros
    By some, maybe by many, but probably not by the types you'd want to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

By some, maybe by many, but probably not by the types you'd want to avoid.

OK. The other person who will be going with me will be Polish so I won't mind going into the Polish section. So my best is probably to settle with getting them from the Polish FA website?

OK. The other person who will be going with me will be Polish so I won't mind going into the Polish section. So my best is probably to settle with getting them from the Polish FA website?
    You'll know better when you hear what sort of allocation the Polish FA are giving us, if it is decent, you've a chance, if they do a Scotland, you probably don't.

• Advertisement

You'll know better when you hear what sort of allocation the Polish FA are giving us, if it is decent, you've a chance, if they do a Scotland, you probably don't.

OK thanks and demand will prob depend on how much of a chance we have of getting in as well. So there's no point looking for tickets for this till next summer at the earliest?

Does anyone know if joining one of the supporters clubs will guarantee tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Don't sit with away fans, had a knife pulled on me the last time they came to the aviva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Seriously I did not think you deserve a ticket so stop posting.

When did you say you were last at a game ?

You are aware that some of the best of the best fans in the world could not get a ticket for the Scotland game and you think you should waltz in here looking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

depending on which SC you join I reckon you would be guaranteed a ticket.Some of them don't take many aways and would be only too glad to have their numbers bumped up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ive been to many games in the home end in Warsaw for Poland games and its never been a problem.

sure they had two home games in Dublin and there wasnt a word said to the Irish fans :D

ive been to many games in the home end in Warsaw for Poland games and its never been a problem.

sure they had two home games in Dublin and there wasnt a word said to the Irish fans :D
    Yeah for Poland home games I'm sure is grand but probably not when its Ireland as the opposition!!

I didn't actually go to either of the Poland home games, but theres a guy in here saying he had a knife pulled on him!!

Don't sit with away fans, had a knife pulled on me the last time they came to the aviva.

is this really true? why did he do that?

yabadabado wrote: »
    depending on which SC you join I reckon you would be guaranteed a ticket.Some of them don't take many aways and would be only too glad to have their numbers bumped up.

do you know anymore on this?

And is the second part of your post saying that not too many of their members go to away games and they'd like to increase that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

is this really true? why did he do that?

Ah, bless. God love you.

ush wrote: »
    Ah, bless. God love you.

how am i supposed to know he's joking?

do you know anymore on this?

And is the second part of your post saying that not too many of their members go to away games and they'd like to increase that?

yeah I know a few lads in SC's.
    Some of them have very little going to away games.I know one club who only had 2 go to Georgia and 6 go to Germany game

yeah I know a few lads in SC's.
    Some of them have very little going to away games.I know one club who only had 2 go to Georgia and 6 go to Germany game

i just don't get that though. we have a decent number going to away games. I would have thought these lads would have joined clubs. So are your friends in the SC's guaranteed tickets?

i just don't get that though. we have a decent number going to away games. I would have thought these lads would have joined clubs. So are your friends in the SC's guaranteed tickets?

What don't you get ?

We rarely sell out our away allocation.We don't have many who travel to all aways ,I reckon <500 over the last 2 campaigns.

Some SC's wouldn't have many traveling to aways and would obviously like to have a few more going so if you joined one with small membership you should be getting tickets.

I won't join a SC and dont think anyone should have to ,if you want to join a SC fair enough but it should have no baring on getting a ticket.I know a good few in SC's for varying reasons.

If you are in a SC and a regular away traveler you should be guaranteed tickets for away games if the club is run properly.

What don't you get ?

We rarely sell out our away allocation.We don't have many who travel to all aways ,I reckon <500 over the last 2 campaigns.

Some SC's wouldn't have many traveling to aways and would obviously like to have a few more going so if you joined one with small membership you should be getting tickets.

I won't join a SC and dont think anyone should have to ,if you want to join a SC fair enough but it should have no baring on getting a ticket.I know a good few in SC's for varying reasons.

If you are in a SC and a regular away traveler you should be guaranteed tickets for away games if the club is run properly.

ok yeah i get you. but on the numbers travelling. We get a good turnout given the standard of our team and the small population we have.

• Advertisement

ok yeah i get you. but on the numbers travelling. We get a good turnout given the standard of our team and the small population we have.

We get an OK turnout .Scotland and maybe Poland away is the only games where there could be a shortage.
    LR rarely sells out either I would say our numbers aren't anyways impressive tbh.
    We will get big numbers to high profile games or attractive away games ,as I said there is no more than 500 who traveled to all games the last 2 campaigns and we rarely sell out our allocation.
    There was 480 in Georgia according to an FAI official.

Sorry OP this thread gone off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Hey everyone, just circling back on this thread.

Anyone know when tickets will go on general sale for the match? I have seen online that there are corporate/hosp tickets but they're too expensive.

Thanks

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Anyone know when tickets will go on general sale for the match? I have seen online that there are corporate/hosp tickets but they're too expensive.

Thanks

do you mean general sale for the majority of the stadium or just the irish section?

Dietsquirt wrote: »

Thanks

Sign up to the FAI away ticket portal and you will be able to apply in July/August.I dont think there will be too much of a problem getting a ticket for this .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sign up to the FAI away ticket portal and you will be able to apply in July/August.I dont think there will be too much of a problem getting a ticket for this .

Unless they are a season ticket holder, part of the block booking system or have been to away games in the last 2 years they will have problems getting a ticket as they will be at the bottom of the list.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Unless they are a season ticket holder, part of the block booking system or have been to away games in the last 2 years they will have problems getting a ticket as they will be at the bottom of the list.

I doubt we will sell out our allocation to this game.Not exactly a glamour tie and not cheap to get to.We should get 3000 tickets for away end which I reckon is loads.Might be very little travelling support depending how the next games pan out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I doubt we will sell out our allocation to this game.Not exactly a glamour tie and not cheap to get to.We should get 3000 tickets for away end which I reckon is loads.Might be very little travelling support depending how the next games pan out.

I think it all depends on the Scotland game, if we win then it's all to play for and the allocation will sell out no problem. If we don't win then it's a different story of course.

I've already booked my flights and accommodation for the match as has the vast majority of other people in my Supporters Group so there is a decent bit of interest already.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I think it all depends on the Scotland game, if we win then it's all to play for and the allocation will sell out no problem. If we don't win then it's a different story of course.

I've already booked my flights and accommodation for the match as has the vast majority of other people in my Supporters Group so there is a decent bit of interest already.

I agree the outcome of the Scotland game will make a huge difference but either way I can't see there being a problem with tickets. We will have around 3000 tickets and that is more than enough in the vast majority of aways.
    How often do we bring more than 3000?

How do I sign up? Also it's shocking there's no official supporters group you pay 50 quid a year for like the rugby has. No group covers my area and I'm sure many are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I agree the outcome of the Scotland game will make a huge difference but either way I can't see there being a problem with tickets. We will have around 3000 tickets and that is more than enough in the vast majority of aways.
    How often do we bring more than 3000?

if its a case that its winner takes all at this stage, we may take more than 3,000.

for instance, if a draw was to guarantee us 3rd and a win would get us 2nd, then im sure alot will travel.

if its a case that its winner takes all at this stage, we may take more than 3,000.

for instance, if a draw was to guarantee us 3rd and a win would get us 2nd, then im sure alot will travel.

After today it looks like demand won't be huge.

We'll win our next two hopefully and there will be a renewed buzz but I reckon Germany beats us and we'll be pretty much out with a tiny outside chance.

Poland might be qualified by then so a win away might not be so hard if that's the case. Ideal scenario is that and we scrape a win to make the play offs!

Anyway regarding the tickets I'm hopeful I'll get them now.

Advertisement