Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner getting started

Options
  • 16-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

I am looking to try take up a hobby in Dj and music production but have not got a clue where to start. All I know is I have a passion for EDM and would love to be able to create my own tracks even if it's for my own satisfaction but would Love to take it further if possible. I've looked trough the net for courses in Dublin but don't know which one would suit as been a complete beginner with no instrument experience also. There's also some many DAWS out there and as stated I have no idea where to start. I would appreciate any information given guys. Thanks for reading hopefully someone out there has the right information for me.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

rabbit121 wrote: »
    Hi all

I am looking to try take up a hobby in Dj and music production but have not got a clue where to start. All I know is I have a passion for EDM and would love to be able to create my own tracks even if it's for my own satisfaction but would Love to take it further if possible. I've looked trough the net for courses in Dublin but don't know which one would suit as been a complete beginner with no instrument experience also. There's also some many DAWS out there and as stated I have no idea where to start. I would appreciate any information given guys. Thanks for reading hopefully someone out there has the right information for me.

Thanks again.

All the major DAWs offer demos. Download one or two to see what setup you like. Ableton and FL Studio are probably the most popular. Tons of YouTube tutorials for both programs. You can get loads of free VATs from KVR audio but probably best to familiarise yourself with the native instruments and effects first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rabbit121

mordeith wrote: »
    All the major DAWs offer demos. Download one or two to see what setup you like. Ableton and FL Studio are probably the most popular. Tons of YouTube tutorials for both programs. You can get loads of free VATs from KVR audio but probably best to familiarise yourself with the native instruments and effects first.

Thanks so much for the info will defo give it a try see how it goes

Advertisement