Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Huybrechts blew it there.Terrible time to have a really mediocre leg, Taylor gave him every chance to finish him off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

All down to bottle now, great break by Taylor at the start of the final set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 tusmaith

similar to previous game, the old masters are hard to beat!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Doesn't look like he has another gear any more

Don't know about that, 2 great starts to these legs now, the man has won all those titles for a reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hybrechts is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

All over now me thinks

the body language is funny to watch, you would never see Taylor celebrating hitting a ton, Kim is talented but needs to learn class

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hybrechts is done.

Yup, bad miss of the 19s for Taylor though to leave the door ajar

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Clareman wrote: »
    Don't know about that, 2 great starts to these legs now, the man has won all those titles for a reason

true dat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

MInd games ya see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Another great match, pity Kim dipped in the last set, he was very consistent up until then.

Some grind there by Taylor, Heyburets should have concentrated on the darts and not the player.

BTW, how do they decide who goes first? do they go closest to the bull like normal comps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Great game. Delighted Taylor came through, not a huge fan of players who fist pump a 134 and 135. Total overkill from Huybrechts, it's going to take more than that to beat a man of Taylor's experience.

Some grind there by Taylor, Heyburets should have concentrated on the darts and not the player.

BTW, how do they decide who goes first? do they go closest to the bull like normal comps?

Ya throw for bull before they come on, nice if they could do it on stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Why did he take the dart board?! Kim barely signed it

• Advertisement

Get the mic away from him :o

Gracious in victory there, could have gone off on 1 on his oppenent, he seems genuinely delighted to be through.

First time throwing with those darts? Surely he's a load of the same darts, you can buy them for ~€80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Woman interviewing Taylor is useless.

Thanks for that, I'd imagine with pros there could be a lot of throws at it.

Good interview from Taylor tbf. Didn't stick the knife in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I was really hoping Huybrechts would take it but Taylor showed why he's the champion he is.

The crowd really annoy me when Taylor is playing. I could understand a player like Anderson or van Gerwen having huge support because they're genuinely nice guys, something I wouldn't say about Taylor. The relentless chanting is exasperating.

Keano wrote: »
    Why did he take the dart board?! Kim barely signed it

He always does, he gets the ref, scorers and players to sign it and then gives it to someone, we told the landlord we'd start doing that, only to be told "would ye f**k, they cost €50 each"

Gracious in victory there, could have gone off on 1 on his oppenent, he seems genuinely delighted to be through.

First time throwing with those darts? Surely he's a load of the same darts, you can buy them for ~€80.

He could probably still play great darts with a set of brass darts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wait till he gets knocked out....and blames his new darts :pac::pac:

robman60 wrote: »
    I was really hoping Huybrechts would take it but Taylor showed why he's the champion he is.

The crowd really annoy me when Taylor is playing. I could understand a player like Anderson or van Gerwen having huge support because they're genuinely nice guys, something I wouldn't say about Taylor. The relentless chanting is exasperating.

Agreed defo on that, At the grand slam a few years ago and the Taylor chanting was painful and most of them not looking at a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

He always does, he gets the ref, scorers and players to sign it and then gives it to someone, we told the landlord we'd start doing that, only to be told "would ye f**k, they cost €50 each"

Haha

The refs hate it when he trys to throw the surround over and around their necks :)

Taylor is class is all fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Down the local 1 of the lads got a set of Taylor's darts, they were bouncing out the whole time out of the board, the board was old but no-one else had a problem, after 1 of the best players told yerman to change his flights the problem was fixed, the flights that came with the darts were tiny and the dart didn't have enough power to get into the board.

Nice darts though.

I've tried all different flights & the slim flights were awful for me. Barely got through the air and everyone literally hung out of the board or fell out, changed to standard flights throwing exactly same way and every one was sitting nicely upright and strong in the board. Nice for someone to give your mate some good advice instead and just happily caning him every week lol

I wish they would do it on stage! Hardly takes much time. Is the UK open only tournament its done on stage?

Good game that, both played well but taylor stepped up on his own throw and took charge at the end. Loved KHs 126(not just because of my bet :P) but T20,bull &D8 was nice especially as so used to seeing people go at 19s

robman60 wrote: »

You don't understand why the man who has single handedly transformed the sport and has dominated perhaps like no sports star has dominated any sport gets great support? Because you think other people are nicer and this should be the main factor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jesus if you fist pump every 96 or every double 16 you hit, i'd hate to see what you'd do if you won the championship...

The part of the dart he grips is now squared, first time to use them.

• Advertisement

The battle of the super heavyweights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Can't stand the comments from Mardle, his comments around Huybrechts lacking winners instinct are absolute bollox. Taylor now is a legend because he used new darts?? Reality is that Taylor struggled to win that game against a guy who hasn't that much world champ experience.

Shame they don't have more of Bristow commentating.

None of them a patch on John Henderson tho

the heavy weight division starts on 3rd Jan, these are middle weights compared to some of them

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Can't stand the comments from Mardle, his comments around Huybrechts lacking winners instinct are absolute bollox. Taylor now is a legend because he used new darts?? Reality is that Taylor struggled to win that game against a guy who hasn't that much world champ experience.

Shame they don't have more of Bristow commentating.

Mardle is bad, bristow is as bad though, makes my ear bleed. Part is hands down the best co-commentator/analyst

Auld Hendo is a rocking legend.

tusmaith wrote: »
    the heavy weight division starts on 3rd Jan, these are middle weights compared to some of them

You have a point alright Kong is a big man.

This game just makes me realise that I should wear my glasses when playing

Bunting playing really well here, Smith will need to hit one of his monster scoring streaks fairly soon.

• Advertisement

Bunting playing really well here, Smith will need to hit one of his monster scoring streaks fairly soon.

Ya he is a solid 15 dart man.

Walk in the pdc park for bunting so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Bunting is gonna make rvb's life hard in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bit of a disappointment this one after the previous two matches :(

Much better from Smith but you would have to think it's too little too late.

Possibly but if he holds his throw it's 3 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I was disappointed but not surprised he didn't give his opponent credit, in fact he never mentioned him.
    Huybrechts at least said fair play to taylor

I think smith can take the next set against the throw!.

No, its smith throw.

Bunting could really do with a bit of Brylcreem, SkyHD does no favours for the fuzzy head of him :pac:

106 tasty

121 tastier

• Advertisement
Advertisement