Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

4-2 last 2 legs in that set from Thornton were pretty average

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That leg was all about MVG's 180 to start, Thornton was behind the whole time after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Devastator wrote: »
    4-2 last 2 legs in that set from Thornton were pretty average

Should've checked that 81 out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Game over here, 1/25 looks a good bet

thrown the towel in now Thornton

• Advertisement

thrown the towel in now Thornton

Maybe not :D COME ON THORNTON

9-darter would have been nice, s136 finish to put some pressure on

MVG can hit trebles for fun by the looks of things

Fuppin neighbours bed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a way to finish off a high quality match.
    Pure class from MVG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hitting form at the right time. Hard to stop that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

what a match

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Limerick0015

Thornton had plenty of chances and blew it. Great way to end the match with a cool 170.

Some finish, game of the tournament about to start imvho

Thornton had plenty of chances and blew it. Great way to end the match with a cool 170.

he definatley did not blow that match ,played very well

Crazy awesome match that, 1 of the best at this years worlds. 170 was a lovely way to finish it for MVG, fair play to both but can't help but feel the dodgy 22s,26s,41s really cost Thornton in important legs

lol thought Peter Wright was gonna dance the girls off the stage :D

he definatley did not blow that match ,played very well

Agreed, MVG's hitting of the trebles put him under some pressure for every throw

no messin from Anderson on doubles so far 4/4!

Strange going for 2 double tops there with 80 left and 3 darts in hand.

I know darts players aren't designed for HD, but the 2 lads have major bags under their eyes, they looked wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Would love to see Gary win it out. great to watch, if he keeps his doubles going could give MVG a good game.

Solid performance from Anderson, Wright was a bit below par, expected a much better game than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Limerick0015

Anderson was pure class. Didn't give peter a look in. Peters first dart just couldn't find the treble and he hit far too many low scores.

Good game, Anderson wasn't really pushed that much even though the averages looked closer than the game actually played out. Sets up a great semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I was expecting far more of a game than that tbh, Wright didn't play near his best unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Wright made a comment post match that he changed his darts two weeks ago and was still getting used to them. I can't understand how someone who wants to be the world champion would change darts two weeks before it starts. I know Taylor changed his but it is a slight modification.

statto25 wrote: »
    Wright made a comment post match that he changed his darts two weeks ago and was still getting used to them. I can't understand how someone who wants to be the world champion would change darts two weeks before it starts. I know Taylor changed his but it is a slight modification.

Think Wright near enough changed his darts in the PL last year

Think Wright near enough changed his darts in the PL last year

He changed his darts a handful of times during the PL. I suppose at least you are going in week by week basis in the league so some experimentation can be allowed for. To do it in the WC's where one slip can be the difference between the next round and home is a bit daft.

Phil Taylor claimed the darts he used against Huybrechts were new.

I'd say now if Taylor does it we can take it that it happens and it's not some completely crazy idea. Obviously it's a big decision and not one they do on a whim, but presume if they are not happy with their darts they will consider it. They more than anyone are aware of the risks and benefits, their livelihood depends on it.

• Advertisement

I'd say now if Taylor does it we can take it that it happens and it's not some completely crazy idea. Obviously it's a big decision and not one they do on a whim, but presume if they are not happy with their darts they will consider it. They more than anyone are aware of the risks and benefits, their livelihood depends on it.

Taylors change is a slight modification to an existing set of darts. Wrights change was a completely different set of darts. Hey its just my opinion but this is the big one, the world championships and if you have any doubt going into a quarter final about your darts then your already halfway home imo. Anyway, looking forward to tonight's games. Taylor and Bunting to win.

statto25 wrote: »
    He changed his darts a handful of times during the PL. I suppose at least you are going in week by week basis in the league so some experimentation can be allowed for. To do it in the WC's where one slip can be the difference between the next round and home is a bit daft.

Maybe a couple of handfuls in PL :D I remember him saying by changing it kept his focus and concentration up. Maybe by always using same darts he felt he became complacent with them.

I believe they were effectively the same darts but the end of the barrel had been squared off for this match. Taylor's probably went through quite a few changes this year as he tries to evolve the target darts to what he thinks is perfection.

Does anyone give VDV any chance tonight? I think I may give him chance for 1 set but think Taylor's gonna walk all over him. Bunting & Barney could be a cracker, I would love Bunting to win but think Barney's experience will see him through. Barney 5-3

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Taylor will win comfortably enough imo. VdV is capable of playing great darts for a few legs but he is too inconsistent. I think 5-1 to Taylor is the most likely score as he will get ahead early and VdV won't have the fight in him to keep going.

As for Bunting v Barney, it could go all the way. Impossible to call really but I'll go for Bunting 5-4!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Taylor will win comfortably enough imo. VdV is capable of playing great darts for a few legs but he is too inconsistent. I think 5-1 to Taylor is the most likely score as he will get ahead early and VdV won't have the fight in him to keep going.

As for Bunting v Barney, it could go all the way. Impossible to call really but I'll go for Bunting 5-4!

Agree. Be surprised if Taylor drops a set though.
    Bunting/barney could go either way but have backed 5-4 bunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I hope Bunting hands Barney his ass, I used to love watching Barney play but in recent years he has become an awful morose and moaney fecker that on occasions seems to throw in the towel very easily.

TbL

I hope Bunting hands Barney his ass, I used to love watching Barney play but in recent years he has become an awful morose and moaney fecker that on occasions seems to throw in the towel very easily.

TbL

Same here, I'm surprised at how much support he still gets. He seems to be unable to accept that he's not in consideration for the best in the world, always looking for excuses. Changing darts, the glasses, diabetes, manager, hypnotist etc. There's always something, it's tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Same here, I'm surprised at how much support he still gets. He seems to be unable to accept that he's not in consideration for the best in the world, always looking for excuses. Changing darts, the glasses, diabetes, manager, hypnotist etc. There's always something, it's tiresome.

I am forced to agree with you, but I still like Barney. Bunting is a very good player in fairness and if he wins, I'd say he will be included in The Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Exactly. He doesn't seem to realise/appreciate that he's making a great living from darts and he should cop on and ditch the poor me persecution complex. Come on Bunting!

TbL

Got Phil's autobiography for Christmas as a present unfortunately. Read it quickly as it's big font. Confirmed a lot of what I had thought of him beforehand. It's on the door for opening and closing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

I do agree he can whine and he still believes he is the best in world when clearly he aint. But ive always followed barney and wont change now come the two dutch lads even tho vdv wont come near taylor.

I could eat my words later but I think VDV is the weakest of the last 8 by a long way. Taylor can play in 2nd gear and still win.

• Advertisement

As Bristow says Bunting could be double world champion in 3 more games, wouldn't that be some record in fairness. BDO and PDC champ.

unless vvdv gets off to a flier and wins at least 2 of the opening 4 sets he could win zero sets ... hope bunting whips barney,for the reasons ye stated above,used to be one of my favs too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

"I've got the power"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'll be kind to Van Der Voort and say he'll win a set. 5-1 to Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Vdv walk on really is quality

and family kidknappings? :D What ever happened with that one? Did he say his family were kidknapped or threatened with kidknapping and thats why he played badly.

Thats the difference night Vinnie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

1 - 0 to the Power

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Good darts by Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

and family kidknappings? :D What ever happened with that one? Did he say his family were kidknapped or threatened with kidknapping and thats why he played badly.

I also recall he was being blackmailed in the last year or two!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement