Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bah, gutted for Bunting. Hats off to Barney, he was superb when the finish was in sight but I feel he's already beaten in the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I'd say Wolfie is crying into his cornflakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fantastic match. I wanted Bunting to win but have followed Barney for years. It was like a Barney I haven't seen in years... was he actually enjoying himself out there?

Bunting is a credit to himself. Such a talent.

That's cringey from Barney...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Please god Barney don't think youv won the damn thing out now and save yourself for tomorrow night ,poor ol bunting:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

mq2XRcz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The barney show.

Wolfie will have a hit on the traitor Barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Nice touch from Barney there. I'd also agree with him, Bunting has to be in the PL this year.

Taylor v Barney should be a cracker. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant match.Only 1/100 of a point difference in the averages between the 2 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

I dont know if it's the few drinks I had but I felt emotional there with bunting. ;/

Wolfie will have a hit on the traitor Barney

haha he will!

best of the best! I'd say he is spitting feathers now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Barney's smuggled in some good dutch gangja
    He went nuts there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭munster87

Thought Barney was going to propose to Bunting at one point there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

thought it was cringey to begin with,but i think he just wanted bunting to take some positives from the match,a nice gesture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

did barney take some drugs when he put the glasses on, that was pure cringe that was!!!!

haha he will!

best of the best! I'd say he is spitting feathers now!

Ya, was at the Lakeside when Kist won it, enjoyable but definitely 1st division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Barnie will searching amazon for Bunting blow up doll tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Well done to both players...absorbing game of darts to watch. Barney clearly was still pumping with adrenaline at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good match, Barney played a lot better at times than I expected. Getting the glasses mid match I though would f**k him up but he kicked into gear and started throwing 180s all over the place and some nice finishes. Back n forth match and fair play to Bunting he threw a great game but just didn't have enough to push on in the final set. Barney's finish on 122(?) in 2nd leg of last set finished it, Bunting was waiting on a double and think himself knew it would be hard to break back to safe the match.

Over last 12 months and overall performance in the worlds I reckon Bunting has to get in the PL. Over 12 months on form hes really up among some of the top players

• Advertisement

Tomorrow then, RvB vs Taylor, predictions? for me, a Taylor win I feel / fear

That said if RvB can keep his head and not start beating himself up over every missed dart and play to enjoy it...

Devastator wrote: »
    Good match, Barney played a lot better at times than I expected. Getting the glasses mid match I though would f**k him up but he kicked into gear and started throwing 180s all over the place and some nice finishes. Back n forth match and fair play to Bunting he threw a great game but just didn't have enough to push on in the final set. Barney's finish on 122(?) in 2nd leg of last set finished it, Bunting was waiting on a double and think himself knew it would be hard to break back to safe the match.

Over last 12 months and overall performance in the worlds I reckon Bunting has to get in the PL. Over 12 months on form hes really up among some of the top players

Ya would agree, Bunting played well and never gave up and was not nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Tomorrow then, RvB vs Taylor, predictions? for me, a Taylor win I feel / fear

That said if RvB can keep his head and not start beating himself up over every missed dart and play to enjoy it...

I fancy barney to win, and I also hope he does, taylor is a desperate p***k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Classy stuffy by Barney during and after the match. Made it about Bunting and not himself, unlike a certain 16-time champion.

Barney's due a WC win over Taylor and Taylor looks vunerable right now while Barney is clearly enjoying his darts. Makes for a bad mixture for Taylor - Barney has the experience and composure to take the chances Huyb and Van der Voort were presented with in the last two rounds.

mrmorgan wrote: »

Hopefully, friend has his latest book and says he is so up his own a***, will read it to annoy myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Syferus wrote: »
    Classy stuffy by Barney during and after the match. Made it about Bunting and not himself, unlike a certain 16-time champion.

Barney's due a win over Taylor and Taylor looks vunerable right now while Barney is clearly enjoying his darts. Makes for a bad mixture for Taylor - Varney has the experience and composure to take the chances Huyb and Van der Voort were presented with in the last two rounds.

I think the same, either way can't see any of them winning it out.

mrmorgan wrote: »

I think the opposite. On the oche, Barney cheats his fans sometimes by just not bothering and getting sulky and petulant. We can criticise Taylor because he doesn't say lovely fluffy things in interviews, but he has never just given up.

Hard to back against Taylor if he makes the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Syferus wrote: »

I liked the way he completely ignored the question about playing Taylor lol :D

I want Taylor to win because I have him in a 9 month long bet also including UFC & football :D 1 is Jon Bones Jones to win the title fight in 2mro nights ufc :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ferriter

Great game of darts between two players who aren't quite at the level of the players who had already reached the semi-finals.
    RvB is prone to getting emotional. I'd put that down to a few things I've heard about the man from those who follow the fringes of the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bunting made to look like a winner in defeat. Darts really knows how to make stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bunting made to look like a winner in defeat. Darts really knows how to make stars.

Deservedly so as well

Looked like he could be the undisputed champ at one stage

Look forward to seeing him in the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bah, gutted for Bunting. Hats off to Barney, he was superb when the finish was in sight but I feel he's already beaten in the next game.

Barney went on like he won the whole title there at the end. Emotionally, he's gone. It's like when people beat Taylor in this tournament. They get so emotional about it, they invariably go out in the next round.

Barney's done for me now in this tournament. I'd say Taylor will love seeing that post match interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Ferriter wrote: »
    Great game of darts between two players who aren't quite at the level of the players who had already reached the semi-finals.
    RvB is prone to getting emotional. I'd put that down to a few things I've heard about the man from those who follow the fringes of the tour.

Whaddya mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ferriter

It has to be tough leaving the comfort of the BDO and making the move over. It's got a much more local structure. The PDC is a full-time gig for most of the top 30. Travelling away from home and the terrible lifestyle many of them have on the road cannot be easy.

He made the switch in fairness, he could have stayed with the BDO and made an ok living. He now can make a lot better living but he'll have to work harder at it. Big fish/small pond small fish/big pond and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Taylor brought darts to a new level and has been absolutely superb at what he does best, outside of that he seems to be a completely odious little tosser with very little redeeming characteristics.

Now that Barmey has beaten Bunting I'd love him to hand Taylor his ass (and the dart board :) ) but you can chalk it down it ain't gonna happen! Somewhere along the way Barmey will break down.

TbL

Taylor brought darts to a new level and has been absolutely superb at what he does best, outside of that he seems to be a completely odious little tosser with very little redeeming characteristics.

Now that Barmey has beaten Bunting I'd love him to hand Taylor his ass (and the dart board :) ) but you can chalk it down it ain't gonna happen! Somewhere along the way Barmey will break down.

TbL
    Well said, couldn't dispute anything you said in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lazy booking

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Barney went on like he won the whole title there at the end. Emotionally, he's gone. It's like when people beat Taylor in this tournament. They get so emotional about it, they invariably go out in the next round.

Barney's done for me now in this tournament. I'd say Taylor will love seeing that post match interview.

Exactly what I thought as soon as I seen it. Taylor will destroy him mentally, I don't give him even the slightest chance. He's so mentally fragile and Phil just has his number every time. I was really hoping Bunting would get a shot at Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

premier league with be wade + bunting for whitlock + newton

barney is on the woodbines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Just back from the pub. That was a cracking evening of darts.

Anderson v Taylor for me in the final.

Anderson??? I hope you're right but I genuinely can't see it.

Anderson??? I hope you're right but I genuinely can't see it.

Really? Why not? Gary is playing great darts and for me should of beat might mike last year only for missed doubles!.

He is a different man these days.
    Great to see too :)

Gotya wrote: »
    Really? Why not? Gary is playing great darts and for me should of beat might mike last year only for missed doubles!.

He is a different man these days.
    Great to see too :)

Solely that, MVG is the better finisher this tournament. Dunno the stats so could be well wrong.

• Advertisement

Solely that, MVG is the better finisher this tournament. Dunno the stats so could be well wrong.

I don't either, but I wouldn't be going on what happened so far in the tournament, its all about what happens on the night and for me I think Gary will win.

Whatever happens, gonna be a great night of darts :)

Gotya wrote: »
    I don't either, but I wouldn't be going on what happened so far in the tournament, its all about what happens on the night and for me I think Gary will win.

Whatever happens, gonna be a great night of darts :)

Best of luck with the bet you madman! :-)

Best of luck with the bet you madman! :-)

Ha sound. I actually have a Anderson vs Taylor/ pick the final bet. So I might be biased :)

Ah who am I kidding, I'm biased every time Gary Anderson plays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

monkey9 wrote: »

Have you played at this level? No way you can say that, Barney could be on a high again tomorrow, it's impossible to get inside the head of a professional sportsman. Confidence plays a big part and Barney seems to have that at the moment. He's has won some tight matches in the last year and that indicates to me his head is right but I wouldn't be putting money on it. Slight favourite to Taylor but to say Barney is done is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

all dutch final please :)

ive not fancied barney in any match so im gonna continue that vein and say taylor will wup him bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement