Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There will surely be one before the tournament's finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Love watching Jenkins when he's on a going day, another 9 darter would have been class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Would sky ever train Bristow on how to cover a match properly.

He is like someone's grandfather nattering on bout the olden days never about the match actually on.

Mute again till he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Talking about Liverpool and Steven Gerrard in commentary now. What relevance has this to darts? Such a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Only got to see some of Wright game, Bristow is shocking! Stupid little irrelevant 1/2 sentenses mixed in with impersonating Bill & Ben

"yeh ya see just like that just like that brilliant thats it just like that come on san"

Sweet Jesus grand dad is back rambling again def knows how to ruin a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's overly harsh in his criticism of players also.

He's overly harsh in his criticism of players also.

He is? I swear I only catch about a 3rd of what he's drooling

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    He is? I swear I only catch about a 3rd of what he's drooling

Should be an option to push the red button for subtitles when he is on.

Well done Benito chizzy you got punished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Poor stuff from Chizzy, looked like he was going to run away with it after the first set; fair play to vdP though, threw some good darts at the right times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

some upset that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MvG in trouble?

Degag wrote: »
    MvG in trouble?

Can't see MVG going out but Stein is playing well

• Advertisement

Stein will rue that miss on tops and double 10 I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Excellent game going on here between Anderson and klaasen. Best I've seen klaasen play in a long time but his doubles are madness. Amazing how much more enjoyable darts is when the two players play at this speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some darts here. Klassen on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Klaasen is just so fun to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant mathc.I though Klaasen would collapse after missing those last 3 doubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭MillField

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm sticking with MVG or Phil Taylor to win, also Sky Sports are renaming SKY SPORTS 3 to SKY SPORTS DARTS for the duration of the PDC World Championship

MVG will need to pick up his form. Very unconvincing tonight.

Klassen imploding

Incredible game this. Some bottle shown by Anderson to come from 3-1 down to level it at 3-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Anderson slowing things up a bit since 3-1 down. More salutes to the crowd, "dropped darts" a couple of times, talking to himself behind the oche etc And it's working it seems. Good to see Klassen playing well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Some game here. Anderson some balls to come back. Going to sudden death.

Yes get in! Absolutely brilliant from Anderson. 14 180s is just insane.

Epic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great match.

Watching games like this I wonder would the sport benefit from a shot clock.Nothing like watching to players who play at good pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Real enjoyable game that. Game of championship so far safe to say. You really have to admire Anderson for dragging himself back into it against Klassen who was absolutely flying. After that I really think Gary will go on to win it outright now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Get the f*ck in there!!!
    What a game, had Anderson written off 1-4 at one stage; super comeback that may be the type of game he needed to go far this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Great comeback from Anderson. Wouldn't have done it a few years ago but really great darts when up against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

What a match that was. Two players who are a joy to watch when they're on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,600 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Klassen only 29% on doubles. That's why he lost.

Anderson slowing things up a bit since 3-1 down. More salutes to the crowd, "dropped darts" a couple of times, talking to himself behind the oche etc And it's working it seems. Good to see Klassen playing well though.

He previously slammed "the dark arts of darts".

http://dartsmadness.blogspot.ie/2011/11/anderson-stormed-off-stage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It was an epic game, I wanted Klassen to win because he is the kind of guy who go on a run and win it like he did in Lakeside in 06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

KevIRL wrote: »
    Klassen imploding

Bit harsh kev? Anderson played brilliant to come back. Both averaged around 100 as well.

Bit harsh kev? Anderson played brilliant to come back. Both averaged around 100 as well.

Perhaps it was, but after going 3-1 up his doubles fell apart and he started hitting a few more no treble 3 darts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Relikk

Anyone know what the chant is that Sky keep attempting to mute? It's three words and the first two are the same.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Perhaps it was, but after going 3-1 up his doubles fell apart and he started hitting a few more no treble 3 darts

Klassen's doubles were awful throughout the game. I'm glad Anderson went though because, well he's a better player to sum it up :D I just hate these inconsistent types that have 1 awesome game/tournament out of every 15, I much prefer the likes of Anderson that play well pretty much all the time.

I like Andy Hamilton, he seems like a sound bloke, gets on with his game and doesn't mess about on stage but holy **** when he's not playing well he's pretty hard to watch. Big Aussie Kyle Anderson 2-1 up in sets

• Advertisement

Painter looking nervous already hope the break settles him down.

I lost complete interest in this game about 30 seconds into the first leg, its hard to concentrate when some mug is mumbling irrelevant rubbish from previous legs,sets,games,tournaments.

If sky did bring in a red button service to switch commentators I would actually sign upto them instead of using a dodgy tv box to get it for free lol

As I was muttering most of yesterday like grand dad does on sky, the mute key is in use again until grandad goes for his afternoon sleep.

I just tweeted him setting him a challenge to say something(anything really lol) which is relevant & audible during tonights games lol

to Eric "Go on san, just like that, laverly tan forty, ya know what i mean?"

really pains me to say it but looking forward to next game with mardle on commentary?!?!?!

Looking like 4-1 to Painter but I've not been watching

Devastator wrote: »
    really pains me to say it but looking forward to next game with mardle on commentary?!?!?!

Looking like 4-1 to Painter but I've not been watching

I dunno to be honest Wayne is too loud and OTT a real different sort of pain compared to Grand dad bristow.

God painter messed up there

• Advertisement

I agree 100% on mardle but at least I can understand his BS which gives him a very slight advantage over bristow

I would have always thought if you have a job on tv/radio talking then at the very very least you should be clear & concise with your words. Sid was the most excitable bloke ever and even with his Geordie accent and crazy use of words I pretty much picked up on every word that left his mouth.

Painter 3-3 Reyes!

Brilliant stuff Reyes. Some nerve on him

Great stuff by Reyes deserved it as well no sign of bottling it either.

what wwhat what? Did the sky presenter really just make my day?

"as Eric said he's off to his bar in Tenerife,maybe he'll buy us all a drink"

Really did I just hear that? please let it be true, I'll gaffatape a pair of wings on and fly him there myself!

Some scalp from Reyes!

White 1-0 (3-2) and Rodders in the commentary box, time to throw laptop on sofa and really enjoy this game

• Advertisement
Advertisement