Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championship 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

vdv might lose this set tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

A few excellent checkouts aside this has been a really poor game.
    No percentages or averages being shown on screen...

hopp threw that away pardon the pun

gugsy wrote: »
    hopp threw that away pardon the pun

What pun??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

singing god save the queen to the german kid was outa order i thought,hes 18 ..obvious it was directed at him too

• Advertisement

come on rvb

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Relikk wrote: »
    Anyone know what the chant is that Sky keep attempting to mute? It's three words and the first two are the same.

Boring boring Bristow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Was pretty handy for vdv. Standard not great but can only beat what's in front of you. One of him or win Stanley will now be in the qf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Boring boring Bristow??

:D lucky feckers in the crowd don't have to suffer him though lol

Pity Dolan's out, I always like cheering him on but he didn't have the game to stay with Smith once he got going today.

Hopp was awful compared to the game against King, far too many 60 scores. VDV ran away with nearly every single leg and the legs Hopp won were basically because VDV missed doubles. VDV/Winstanley could be an outragous game with some of the darts they throw if not playing well.

Barney could win this 4-0. Caven is a good player but his doubles over last few tv tournaments have been shockingly bad for a pro like him. If he's hitting his doubles it could be quite a good game though. 9 darter please from either or both :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭crasy dash

1-1 now could turn into a cracker jabba upped the pace there really unsettled Barney.

• Advertisement

Really good game this one. V enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KevIRL wrote: »
    Really good game this one. V enjoyable

Neither player is taking it too the other yet!

Good game that, not much between them. Had Caven thrown first in the opening set he may well be the one to have gone through. Neither looked like breaking the other.

Good game that, not much between them. Had Caven thrown first in the opening set he may well be the int to have gone through. Neither looked like breaking the other.

Good entertaining match that!!

Great game to finish off the afternoon and setup a couple of great games later on. Both strong on their throw, Barney hit lot of 180s and both missing few doubles made for all round good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Pity it didn't go to a tie-breaker, good match. Too many of Caven's opening darts were landing in the 5 bed, it killed hi scoring.

Hope barney batters Lewis in the next round

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hope barney batters Lewis in the next round

yeah I'd like that but I think Lewis will really step it up in next game.

Was watching darts gold from 1994/1995 Jesus Sky have really brought darts along way. Granted there are some idiots turning up but at least it looks the part now. Looked like the world championships were been held in your local pub back in the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Really hoping Bunting turns up against Wade tonight. Could be an quality match if he does. Hes only shown his true form on a couple of occasions since his switch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,571 ✭✭✭Heroditas

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was watching darts gold from 1994/1995 Jesus Sky have really brought darts along way. Granted there are some idiots turning up but at least it looks the part now. Looked like the world championships were been held in your local pub back in the day!

Look up the venue where they used to hold the PDC World Championships - the Circus Tavern in Purfleet on Google Maps Streetview - an awful dump!

Mardle "My bet on the night is Bunting to win the championship at 22/1, even though I think Wade will beat him tonight"

How can this guy keep getting away with such garbage?

I think Wade & Bunting will be a cracker & looking forward to MVG?Jenkins too....darts is getting priority over the football on tv tonight!

Wade must have the worst walk on music at this years world champs!

The Yaya/Kolo thing is never going away is it? :(

1-0 and 3 legs to Nil for Bunting with a super 161 to win the set.

Wades only had 1 shot at double so far, not got into this match at all, he may start his engines quick before its too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Have an each way on Lewis and Bunting, happy with what I've seen so far, Barney has no chance against Lewis and Wade can't hit a treble.

Weird running order tonight. Would have thought thornton van de pas would have been the first game

Devastator wrote: »
    Mardle "My bet on the night is Bunting to win the championship at 22/1, even though I think Wade will beat him tonight"

How can this guy keep getting away with such garbage?

I think Wade & Bunting will be a cracker & looking forward to MVG?Jenkins too....darts is getting priority over the football on tv tonight!

Although I would rather listen to Mardle than Bristow.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Weird running order tonight. Would have thought thornton van de pas would have been the first game

Wade/Bunting is rd 2, other 2 games are rd3. Gotta finish 1 round before another, maybe get the 'bigger' game of MVG/Jenks on first incase people need to get public transport after

• Advertisement

1-1 & 3-1 to Wade in 2nd set.

No 180s yet which is a surprise but 15 140s between them so far. Match is starting to catch fire :)

As good a double one as you are likely to see

Another cracking checkout, thought Wade was going to take that after the 180.

Wade looks to be doubting himself tonight no confidence throwing at all.

Hope this doesn't affect him in the long term if he does lose tonight, he was just coming back into form and all the man has real courage IMO.

Poor James was beaten by himself tonight:( fair play to Bunting impresssive but Wade had no fight at all.

Hope Terry is in good form tonight, could be a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Need mvg to win, most 180s and highest checkout. How's he playing? Can't watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

D.Q wrote: »
    Need mvg to win, most 180s and highest checkout. How's he playing? Can't watch it.

Are ya that nervous?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

4 180´s for Jenkins, 2 for MvG 2nd leg 4th set.

Great game

Huge last leg there, bad time for Jenkins to have a poor one. He'll be kicking himself after been 2-0 up in that set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

What's been the highest checkout in the MVG game so far ?

Terry just not up for it when he really needed it. Had a very good chance at the last 2 sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Weird seeing MVG finishing so well yet not hitting his previous heights scoring wise.

He's arguably a better player in this mode. Is he ever manages to marry the two the rest can go home.

Think Jenkins won the 180s checkout mvg 128 jenkins 122.

Mvg didn't really get into top gear but he done what was needed to get through with comfortable enough lead. I expect more of the same from him next match against thornton. Thornton didn't seem like a 4-0 win, was a lot closer than that but he managed to scrap through a few sets.

Looking like a 4-0 win for Wright here already...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah Hamilton very poor so far and Wright very good. 4-0 looks very likely.

I dunno lads, I would never discount the hammer as he's a real scrapper. He's been outscored in every aspect so far but if he can put few bigger scores in he could make a comeback. Probably should be 1-1 now but missed doubles cost the Hamilton the last set.

He's after improving a bit there alright, really should be level.

3-0 and the hammer may have fallen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

4-0 and that's that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement