Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

The first one I got I had to return after a week as the threads disintegrated. It is far from the perfect device.

Pros:
    1 Size
    2 Battery Life
    3 Variable Voltage and Wattage

Cons:
    1 I've yet to see a rebuild-able tank atty that looks well on it
    2 It's definitely overpowered
    3 The fire button. It rattles, it's similar to a battery rattle
    4 The 510 connection is too far to one side
    5 The pin and threading in the 510 are not great quality.
    6 It misfires every now and again

I really like it. I now own 2 and I am just being very careful when I screw my atty's on/off.

I view it as a disposable product, like a rechargeable battery. Battery life will decrease over time until it stops, but that is reflected int the price.

It compliments my provari and microstick perfectly. Now to find a good looking atty for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

SteveB09 wrote: »
    Lads - hectic December so missed the earlier comments from end of November and the ensuing debate from J.M and Euro Fred - sorry I caused a bit of a 'heated debate' there but lads do chill out - we're all mates here.
    *puts down popcorn flavour* well... ok that ended quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I will go with the ileaf nautilus mini starter kit. I might wait for a few days and see if there is a sale, if not 10% for boards is still great!

I know the juices are personal taste, but in general are there any 'better' brands or some brands to avoid?

Also are there nicotine free options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

My iSticks charger port just broke :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I found a cure for the iStick's tendency to overpower. I was unable to go over 6.5w without getting a burning taste or dry hit no matter what set up I had on top.

Taken from another forum:

With atomizer attached - Power up to highest Wattage for tank and fire, down to lowest and fire. Same again for voltage- all the way up fire, all the way down and fire.

Obviously only the briefest of fires at the top end of the watt/volt scale to prevent burning out your cotton wick.

I doubt it's a permanent fix, but it worked a charm for me. Some people claim it resets the device in some way, I have my doubts, but it did work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I bought one on monday from emsoker in Palmerstown. Im in love. What a difference from my generic 3.7 ego batt. Great hit. I've no real cons on it except I'm burning through liquid. Bought it on monday charged and still have half a battery. Saying that I'm not the heaviest at vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I found a cure for the iStick's tendency to overpower. I was unable to go over 6.5w without getting a burning taste or dry hit no matter what set up I had on top.

Taken from another forum:

With atomizer attached - Power up to highest Wattage for tank and fire, down to lowest and fire. Same again for voltage- all the way up fire, all the way down and fire.

Obviously only the briefest of fires at the top end of the watt/volt scale to prevent burning out your cotton wick.

I doubt it's a permanent fix, but it worked a charm for me. Some people claim it resets the device in some way, I have my doubts, but it did work for me.

There's no way that this could.... oh... it worked! Nice one, thanks a million that does seem to have helped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've just ordered a cloupor mini 30w. Pretty much the same size as an istick but has a removable 18650 battery but also a micro usb charge port bonus ! From what I've been reading, what is outputted on the display is far more accurate than the iStick 20w, which I'm currently using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

TinCool wrote: »
    I've just ordered a cloupor mini 30w. Pretty much the same size as an istick but has a removable 18650 battery but also a micro usb charge port bonus ! From what I've been reading, what is outputted on the display is far more accurate than the iStick 20w, which I'm currently using.

Where did you order it from ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Seen this from their site:

iStick 30W can support sub ohm coil

That'll be handy for the Kanger SubTank

Edit: Oops, misread TinCool's post.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Have to jump to SteveB09 defence. Got my Istick at vapefest, About a week of use the microusb port came loose and Steve replaced it straight away.

I think its worth paying the little bit extra for the B&M shops where you can pick and choose your flavours and see what suits you and what does.

I bet everone here has bought juice from an online shop and just didnt like it. how often does that happen with B&M shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Have to jump to SteveB09 defence. Got my Istick at vapefest, About a week of use the microusb port came loose and Steve replaced it straight away.

I think its worth paying the little bit extra for the B&M shops where you can pick and choose your flavours and see what suits you and what does.

I bet everone here has bought juice from an online shop and just didnt like it. how often does that happen with B&M shops?

Happens to me all the time tbh.

That may, however, be because I don't bother trying samples, and just buy whatever peaks my interest :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

I have gone to B&M shops , tried a liquid , bought it , vaped it for half an hour at home and then decided I didn't like it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I got the 2000w eleaf in a place in Dun Laoghaire - biggest waste of 45e - worked fine for the first day.... then started getting the awful burning taste, and what pee'd me off, I got the clearomiser the day I got the battery. I got another clearomiser a few days after, ruined that, and the next one! and I haven't gone higher than 3v (lowest).
    but, here's the weird thing, the burning taste doesn't happen when I put the clearomiser on my ego battery... :-(
    anyone know what is happening??

SMJSF wrote: »
    I got the 2000w eleaf in a place in Dun Laoghaire - biggest waste of 45e - worked fine for the first day.... then started getting the awful burning taste, and what pee'd me off, I got the clearomiser the day I got the battery. I got another clearomiser a few days after, ruined that, and the next one! and I haven't gone higher than 3v (lowest).
    but, here's the weird thing, the burning taste doesn't happen when I put the clearomiser on my ego battery... :-(
    anyone know what is happening??

It's not a 2000w, it's probably 20w :p

What kind of clearo are you using on it? A ce4 (bog standard disposable one that costs about afiver)? They don't work well at all with the istick.

If you want a good, working kit, get yourself a nautilus mini to go with the istick

What kind of clearo are you using on it? A ce4 (bog standard disposable one that costs about afiver)? They don't work well at all with the istick.

If you want a good, working kit, get yourself a nautilus mini to go with the istick

thank you for your response (:
    yes it's the ce4 I use with it.... and where would I get the nautilus? (possibly in Dublin City centre?)

thank you for your response (:
    yes it's the ce4 I use with it.... and where would I get the nautilus? (possibly in Dublin City centre?)

Yeah, they really don't work with a ce4. Ego batteries work with ce4s because they're not very powerful!

The nautilus mini is about 25 quid, and you just replace coils in it, so it works out cheaper than using ce4s, with better flavour from the liquid.

If you're specifically looking for a place in the CC you can get them in ecirette on Talbot street, smoke different on capel street and purplebox in temple bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I thought I didn't like my istick, for most of the reasons that have been mentioned, but I really want the 30watt. And the tiny little 10watt one. And when the fifty comes out...I could sell my 20watt maybe to justify trading up but I want to keep it for some reason.

It's very strange, there's a million reasons why other devices should be better to get, but there's something about these little devices for me.

30watt seems to have sorted most issues by the looks of it - flatter output, rms, spring-loaded 510 and better threads. I like the overhanging top cap as well, looks like its good to grip. Dammit, it's on the list.

• Advertisement

Just had both my Isticks Give a "Atomizer short" message

This makes me a sad panda

Just had both my Isticks Give a "Atomizer short" message

This makes me a sad panda

If you gently push up the centre pin a bit, it should sort it :)

nope :(

nope :(

Ah crap :/ what tanks are you using? Seems to be an issue for almost every tank bar the nauty. Guess I'm lucky that mine works fine :pac:

Jappened using a nautilus, and an Aspire BDC :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just received the "No Atomizer" found message with my Nautilus mini attached. Any suggestions??:(

Fixed, loose connection piece... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Glebee wrote: »

Fixed, loose connection piece... :)

With the nautilus or istick?

Minis have never given me a problem on this with their pin but anything on the ego adapter is a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

accaguest wrote: »
    With the nautilus or istick?

Minis have never given me a problem on this with their pin but anything on the ego adapter is a bit of a lottery.

The adopter piece between the two was not fixed tight. Silly mistake in my part.

question, (sorry again!)
    I got the eleaf clearomizer yesterday, got home, put liquid in, and it won't open now :-( any tips? I've tired rubber gloves, no luck :-(

and, I got a little pin with the battery, to connect a ce4 clearomizer to the battery, I used it when I got the battery with the ce4 clearomizer, and that's stuck too!!! no luck with this bloody eleaf :-(

if I get on a pc, I'll add a photo of what I mean if it helps.

question, (sorry again!)
    I got the eleaf clearomizer yesterday, got home, put liquid in, and it won't open now :-( any tips? I've tired rubber gloves, no luck :-(

and, I got a little pin with the battery, to connect a ce4 clearomizer to the battery, I used it when I got the battery with the ce4 clearomizer, and that's stuck too!!! no luck with this bloody eleaf :-(

if I get on a pc, I'll add a photo of what I mean if it helps.

Wow, you're having problems! :pac:

Sounds like you're screwing your clearos and adaptor too tight.

If rubber gloves aren't working, try wrapping tissue around the base and unscrewing.

If that doesn't work, you can gently unscrew it with a pliers.

• Advertisement

Try wrapping a cloth around the base that you want to remove and use a nut cracker to gently unscrew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

When my Nautilus mini is being stubborn and wont open i wrap some insulating tape around the grip then it opens very easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

how do I reset it?

I remember reading it somewhere but can't seem to find it. it is not performing like it used to.

As for opening a stubborn nautilus mini, I used a washing up sponge dry. Provides great grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moleyv wrote: »
    how do I reset it?

I remember reading it somewhere but can't seem to find it. it is not performing like it used to.

As for opening a stubborn nautilus mini, I used a washing up sponge dry. Provides great grip.

I believe it was go to highest wattage and fire, lowest wattage and fire.

Change to voltage mode and do the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The threading on my iStick just gave out! I was going to unscrew the kayfun and it just kinda popped out!

Shocked and appalled really. Its not as if i've been hammering it about. Tried another Kayfun and even an adaptor on it but no joy :(

I only got it at Vapefest.

Have a bit of a wait before my FT iStick lands so will have to get another device....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Try putting a sliver of Kanthal on one or both sides as you screw it in,that should give it enough to grip.

Good idea, ill try that. Wonder if this wold be the job as well (iStick bending adaptor): http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/528-eleaf-istick-bending-adaptor.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

My eleaf iStick won't charge anymore?? Still vapes when plugged in but I don't get the charging icon on screen and when I press a button and get the wattage/voltage/ohm display the empty battery icon flashes.

Is it toast? Known issue? Any fixes? or is this a return to bestshop jobbie?

[EDIT] Turns out the iStick is fine. It was all the USB ports on my computer that I charge from stopped working. Copped it when my mouse needed a charge and plugged it into the mini usb that I also use to charge the iStick. No charging lights came on. Penny dropped. Googled my motherboard and its a known issue. USB just glitching out on occasion. Reboot fixed it.

Try putting a sliver of Kanthal on one or both sides as you screw it in,that should give it enough to grip.

This worked btw - cheers!

• Advertisement

I dealt with my iStick panic yesterday by... buying another iStick.

One now .on route by FT and one by TBS. End result... 1 iStick pet Kayfun. I also ordered the 'bendy' iStick adaptor and will let you all know if that helps a thread ****ed iStick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I dealt with my iStick panic yesterday by... buying another iStick.

One now .on route by FT and one by TBS. End result... 1 iStick pet Kayfun. I also ordered the 'bendy' iStick adaptor and will let you all know if that helps a thread ****ed iStick!

What istick did you order? 30w?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Was that the 20w you had issues with? I've got a 30w on the way from FT, should I be concerned do you think? I'm only planning on having an innokin vv3.0 as a backup and really can't justify spending any more money, on anything, ever again with the amount of money I've spent in the last 2 months!

The worst part is, when the istick comes I don't think I'll ever use any of the stuff I've spent on again. Unless the threading goes on the run of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The 30W iStick has stainless steel threads I think, or some kind of harder metal than the 20W. They knew there was a problem with them on the 20W.

Weather the fasttech version will have them or not I don't know.

Thanks Griff. It's labelled authentic which I'm told is accurate when dealing with FT so I should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi guys, after week of use istick30w with atlantis im not sure if main work good. Every review state great battery life and im only getting like 7h from it. Im not sure im vape too much Or atlantis Fault Or istick? Im vape on 10 W setting. Its vape verry good, taste etc just this short battery life killing me:-)

• Advertisement

pueblo wrote:
    What istick did you order? 30w?

Ordered 20w again. Should have ordered the 30w from TBS but it was only in a 'set' and too dear.
    Was that the 20w you had issues with? I've got a 30w on the way from FT, should I be concerned do you think?

Yes, 20w. I dunno about the 30 but imagine they fixed the issue.

I'm hoping the bending adapter is a fix for dodgy threads.

Did I misread your last post or do you have one on the way from FT? Is the FT one the 30w because they have them in blue with the US plug that ships same day for only marginally more than the 20w.

Edit: Actually forget that, they now ship in 7 days so looks like I got lucky with my order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Hi guys, after week of use istick30w with atlantis im not sure if main work good. Every review state great battery life and im only getting like 7h from it. Im not sure im vape too much Or atlantis Fault Or istick? Im vape on 10 W setting. Its vape verry good, taste etc just this short battery life killing me:-)
    Sub ohm coil in that Atlantis is eating your power, especially at that wattage.
    Have you tried lower wattages?
    Start at 6 or something and slowly go up.
    The iStick is sort of 'overpowered' and you might find a lower wattage is quite acceptable, which will in turn give you longer battery life.

Of course it could be a fault.
    If you have a different atomiser handy, try using it on the iStick for a day or two and see what happens.

Did I misread your last post or do you have one on the way from FT? Is the FT one the 30w because they have them in blue with the US plug that ships same day for only marginally more than the 20w.

Edit: Actually forget that, they now ship in 7 days so looks like I got lucky with my order.

I considered their 30w but I used a FT credit note to get the 20w after I cancelled the Cloupour mini and I didnt want to spend any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Didihno wrote: »
    Sub ohm coil in that Atlantis is eating your power, especially at that wattage.
    Have you tried lower wattages?
    Start at 6 or something and slowly go up.
    The iStick is sort of 'overpowered' and you might find a lower wattage is quite acceptable, which will in turn give you longer battery life.

Of course it could be a fault.
    If you have a different atomiser handy, try using it on the iStick for a day or two and see what happens.

Thanks for reply. I have iclear 16 and will try it for day Or two with it but it willbe hard to back from atlantis:-) So great taste and vape. Are nautilius mini is big diffrent from 0mh ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement