Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I got the Ismart 20 from fastech. Its bloody brilliant,aprt from the threads.
    Also I find it burns the likes of custard if too high on the watts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

My phone battery is fairly bad so I've taken to leaving a small portable usb charger in my bag, which I can also use with my istick, not ideal but it might be worth investing in if you are having issues with battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Thanks for reply. I have iclear 16 and will try it for day Or two with it but it willbe hard to back from atlantis:-) So great taste and vape. Are nautilius mini is big diffrent from 0mh ?
    It depends on the resistance of the coil or 'head' inside the atomiser.
    All brands have their own different coils or 'heads' and they have different resistances.
    For example the iClear 16 might have a resistance of 2.0ohms, whereas the Nautilus head is either 1.6 or 1.8 ohms I think.
    This means they will perform very differently on the iStick if you don't adjust the power settings.
    Its always the safest bet to put the iStick down to about 6w and start adjusting up to taste with each new atomiser you put on it. You can adjust up in .5w jumps to save time but slow down at around 8w, which I find is about the same as 10w on a better quality device.
    The iStick is a brilliant little device, but the power output is all over the place in terms of accuracy I find, its very easy to burn a coil if you're not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Didihno wrote: »
    It depends on the resistance of the coil or 'head' inside the atomiser.
    All brands have their own different coils or 'heads' and they have different resistances.
    For example the iClear 16 might have a resistance of 2.0ohms, whereas the Nautilus head is either 1.6 or 1.8 ohms I think.
    This means they will perform very differently on the iStick if you don't adjust the power settings.
    Its always the safest bet to put the iStick down to about 6w and start adjusting up to taste with each new atomiser you put on it. You can adjust up in .5w jumps to save time but slow down at around 8w, which I find is about the same as 10w on a better quality device.
    The iStick is a brilliant little device, but the power output is all over the place in terms of accuracy I find, its very easy to burn a coil if you're not careful.

Its looks like atlantis takes plenty of battery juice, on iclear today istick Still almost full

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Just bought ELeaf's iStick and Nautilus Mini. Bought it at my local VapourPal today. Was on eGo cig and did have problems with kanga coil that kept leaking, so resigned to forking out for the new kit.

Superb vaping experience so far and happy out, no leaks, nuffink. :D

How often do the coils need to be replaced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Just bought ELeaf's iStick and Nautilus Mini. Bought it at my local VapourPal today. Was on eGo cig and did have problems with kanga coil that kept leaking, so resigned to forking out for the new kit.

Superb vaping experience so far and happy out, no leaks, nuffink. :D

How often do the coils need to be replaced?

In my experience you should get at least a week to ten days on the coils..

pueblo wrote: »
    In my experience you should get at least a week to ten days on the coils..

Interesting, was told, 3 to 4 weeks... :confused:

There seems to be mis-information on duration of coil replacement, guess its down to how heavy vaping you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Yeah exactly Tomm. I think higher volts/watts will also burn a coil out quicker. Too many variables for me to really make decisions based on how someone estimates how long their coils last and I personally prefer a comparison to other coils. I'd be more likely to make decisions based on an experienced vaper telling me that BVC coils tend to last them twice as long as kanger dual coils rather than just someone telling me they got 2 weeks out of a BVC. That's an example only, I don't know how they compare really.

Yeah exactly Tomm. I think higher volts/watts will also burn a coil out quicker. Too many variables for me to really make decisions based on how someone estimates how long their coils last and I personally prefer a comparison to other coils. I'd be more likely to make decisions based on an experienced vaper telling me that BVC coils tend to last them twice as long as kanger dual coils rather than just someone telling me they got 2 weeks out of a BVC. That's an example only, I don't know how they compare really.

How would you know if a Nautilus Mini's coil has gone to the departure lounge?

In my experience with the eGo cig, I get a burning sensation at the back of me throat and splutter... :o

To be honest, I've never actually found it as easy as people seem to online. Most people say "if you taste burning its gone" but I tend to change it out and give it a good clean when it starts to feel like it's not vaping as well (could be entirely psychological) and then reuse it doing the same with the one that's now in. It's an awful system that leaves me with half used coils that I have no idea how long they've been used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭nuttyboy79

t0mm13b wrote: »
    How would you know if a Nautilus Mini's coil has gone to the departure lounge?

In my experience with the eGo cig, I get a burning sensation at the back of me throat and splutter... :o

The taste becomes muted and the draw becomes tighter. I used to get a week out of them but it all depends on the juice thicker high VG juice you might only get 3-4 days, thinner juices you might get 2 weeks.

I used to think it was great the amount of time I was getting with them but once I'd change a coil I'd wish I had done it sooner.

To be honest, I've never actually found it as easy as people seem to online. Most people say "if you taste burning its gone" but I tend to change it out and give it a good clean when it starts to feel like it's not vaping as well (could be entirely psychological) and then reuse it doing the same with the one that's now in. It's an awful system that leaves me with half used coils that I have no idea how long they've been used for.

Try this Richie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9964m2-IJE

I found if you do this and leave them soak over night then left to dry they're nearly as good as new. I also seen somewhere leave them soaking in vodka works.

Thanks Nutty but the link isn't working for me for some reason. I've been overnight soaking used tanks in vinegar which has been working very well. Rinsing with water afterwards removes any vinegar scent. I haven't tried a coil yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Would everyone stop posting about how great the e leaf istick is.

You're making me want to go out and buy one!!!

And I've just ordered a new battery from Fasttech. Oh well, istick next time. :)

Thanks Nutty but the link isn't working for me for some reason. I've been overnight soaking used tanks in vinegar which has been working very well. Rinsing with water afterwards removes any vinegar scent. I haven't tried a coil yet.

Try it now. If it still wont work it's basically with just the base and coil on your mod fire it until the coil inside glows pulse it for about 10-15 seconds then soak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

That was a good video, I'll give it a try.I have been trying to build Nautilus coils "Fu**ing Nuatilus" :) and not getting very good results, but they are getting better.

Dry burn didn't work, used about a half tank of juice and still getting a burnt taste.I'll dry burned another couple old ones and then wash them, check them in a couple of day's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Dry burn didn't work, used about a half tank of juice and still getting a burnt taste.I'll dry burned another couple old ones and then wash them, check them in a couple of day's.

I got the burnt taste on 3 of my coils & it stayed there,so efd em into the bin,one coil turned out ok but I think it depends on what juice you may use,I used nut juice & it tasted like roasted nuts....LOL

Anytime I've done it, it took a couple of days for the burnt taste to go, but I didn't soak them. As for rebuilding the coils why bother they are cheap enough to buy and last long enough. Saying that my Nautilus's are sitting at home not getting much use at the moment because of my 2 Kayfuns.

• Advertisement

Espresso juice i was using, it's thick and takes a good 20 minutes to soak into a new Nautilus coil so my used coils are probably to gunky to dry burn.

I have been trying to rebuild the Nautilus coils for three day's now and they are either gargling and spitting or i can taste the cotton, i just cant get the hang of it.Other people make it look so easy.The reason i wanted to build my own is 3 of the 5 coils i bought tasted bad and are probably dud's.I will need to order more i only have 1 left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

My iStick is just burning coils like a mad yoke. It's fine for a while then it seems to go wild with the power regulation and wrecks the clearo. It's really, really inconsistent and unreliable in that regard.

It must be the inconsistency that's burning mine to, i bought a Anyvape Caravela (only 10 euro) to try something different but i ordered the wrong battery lol, need to find a 18350 in the town somewhere.

I think I have an 18350 battery at home I could send you Picti. Or I could meet in Bray, Co. Wicklow if you're anywhere near there. There is a slight catch, I don't have a working device I can try it on but I only charged and used it less than 5 times so it should be grand.

I think I have an 18350 battery at home I could send you Picti. Or I could meet in Bray, Co. Wicklow if you're anywhere near there. There is a slight catch, I don't have a working device I can try it on but I only charged and used it less than 5 times so it should be grand.

That be great man thanks :), need to post it as i am in Donegal.You can have my battery if you want, it's 18650.

No probs mate :) Send me your address by PM and I'll try to get it in the post today, I think I'll miss last post by the time I'm out of work so it probably won't get sent until tomorrow. I'm still on fixed batteries so you can vape that 18650 on to someone else or keep it for a rainy day!

• Advertisement

No probs mate :) Send me your address by PM and I'll try to get it in the post today, I think I'll miss last post by the time I'm out of work so it probably won't get sent until tomorrow. I'm still on fixed batteries so you can vape that 18650 on to someone else or keep it for a rainy day!

PM sent

Alright vapers,

Let this humbling experience, which may be of advice to others.

Kit: Nautilus Mini Aspire, with eLeaf's iStick,

Do not let the yoke drop!

Found out the hard way, after one (yes, just one) day of usage with happy out vaping, I dropped it twice on hard floor! :(

Let's just say that

1) the upper hardware got stuck inside the pyrex glass, after persistent coaxing via pliers
    2) the atomizer was crooked to the upper hardware part (including the mouth-piece)
    3) the airflow adjustment ring came off a lot easier than I thought.

I am not sure, I had to replace the atomizer with a brand new one (lucky me, it came in the box with the nautilus mini, recently acquired, ho oh, aboutone day ago, not really two **yet**), as I screwed the thread beyond damage trying to get a grip on it with the pliers.

As long as the pyrex glass is not cracked, it should be ok.

OK, the whole nautilus unit looks bit crooked when screwed into the battery unit so there..

Warning ya, I was horrified and desperate in thinking, "Sh!t, I screwed 70 odd quid on that kit.due to me accidental fúck úp"...

Oh well, keep vapin lads..

/sadpandaface

Damn. That's a bad evening. I'm a dropper too. Are you using the steel tank with the mini?

Damn. That's a bad evening. I'm a dropper too. Are you using the steel tank with the mini?

Yeah, am using the silver iLeaf tank with the nautilus mini. :(

pita that is with me clumsiness.

Quick question, I'm using Boge f16 carto at present, around 1.8 ohm with basic variable ego type batteries, but get burnt taste at top voltages.

Can someone explain the difference in istick 20w and 30w to me, and whether theres any point in me getting an istick- I do enjoy my basic set up, but like the look of the istick.

And I don't want to go through another session of trying different cartos etc

• Advertisement

Just came across an old 510 to ego adapter and realised that paired with an ego "beauty ring" (or not if you don't care about how "beautiful" your setup is) it'd be a cheap and cheerful way to protect your threads on a 20w istick. I think the isticks come with the adapter so no need to spend extra on the bendy adapter.

Can someone explain the difference in istick 20w and 30w to me, and whether theres any point in me getting an istick- I do enjoy my basic set up, but like the look of the istick

Apart from the obvious 10w boost on max output I'm told that they've fixed a few weak points on the 20w. It can now fire sub ohm coils which you probably don't care about but more importantly the 510 threading is now stainless steel so it doesn't get torn off by changing tanks. It is spring loaded so tanks fit more flush. They changed the top of it sightly for aesthetics.

I hear conflicting reports on this. They *may* have improved the consistency of the volts that get thrown through the coil. A lot of criticisms of the 20w about it being a inconsistent vape and burning coils by throwing through much more power than its supposed to. They also *may* have fixed the fact that it was consistently underreading how much power it was putting out.

Hope that helps!

Apart from the obvious 10w boost on max output I'm told that they've fixed a few weak points on the 20w. It can now fire sub ohm coils which you probably don't care about but more importantly the 510 threading is now stainless steel so it doesn't get torn off by changing tanks. It is spring loaded so tanks fit more flush. They changed the top of it sightly for aesthetics.

I hear conflicting reports on this. They *may* have improved the consistency of the volts that get thrown through the coil. A lot of criticisms of the 20w about it being a inconsistent vape and burning coils by throwing through much more power than its supposed to. They also *may* have fixed the fact that it was consistently underreading how much power it was putting out.

Hope that helps!

With my intending to keep using the Boge f6 will I see any difference other than battery lasting a lot longer (and looks cool)?

Not sure mate, I don't know the boge.

If you're happy with your setup then the sensible side of me says don't bother splashing out on anything now, but when you eventually need to replace then rather than spending somewhere between 25 and 35 on a decent ego (vision spinner or something) might as well spend between 35 and 45 on whatever istick is out. Unless there's something else out by , which there probably will be!

Not sure mate, I don't know the boge.

If you're happy with your setup then the sensible side of me says don't bother splashing out on anything now, but when you eventually need to replace then rather than spending somewhere between 25 and 35 on a decent ego (vision spinner or something) might as well spend between 35 and 45 on whatever istick is out. Unless there's something else out by , which there probably will be!

That's what I'm thinking myself, and I've another spinner type ordered from slowtech anyway.

Yeah, shinyitis is taking over for me.

I'll probably hold off for now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Just picked up Nautilus tank from vaperus big thank you for Angela ;) being Sunday and all :]

Since it seems to be the trend atm for everyone buying nautilus minis to go with istick.But from looking at mini and original size comparison is very small-yet amount of juice one can take is 3 times more,plus advantage of being able to use mini coils on it as well.

Overall if coils perform as said i think this tank will serve me well,for the time being.

Only thing i learned it takes a while to break the coil in,as for first 10min i was getting dry hits-sorta got used for coil to wick in juice fast,but with nautilus,its best to start at lowest wv/vv and close air holes and just draw in juice without firing-as it seems its common thing for new users,but read that mini-bvc coils are ready way faster,seems a lot has to do with pg/vg juices the thicker they are the more time is needed to get proper flow.
    Always something new to learn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

One of the guys on FB had a good idea about that,
    get a small seal able container put a bit of VG in it and store 1-2 coils in it.They are ready for use straight away and it only takes a few drags for the flavour to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Seems I messed up. Using my istick with an Aspire BVC. It went off in my pocket. It must have fired a few times cos it constantly tastes of burn. Changed coils already and still getting a taste.

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

14murphy wrote: »
    Seems I messed up. Using my istick with an Aspire BVC. It went off in my pocket. It must have fired a few times cos it constantly tastes of burn. Changed coils already and still getting a taste.

Any ideas ?

Did the wattage get turned way up in your pocket and its burning the new one? That's all I can think of since the new coil should taste fine, check what wattage you're at, I find 8 to 10 watts is enough for those coils.

It must have. I've dropped it right down now and tried the tick with firing at the top and all the way at the bottom twice still the same. I can smell it even when i open the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

14murphy wrote: »

Any ideas ?

Is the juice fecked and tasting of the burnt maybe.

Is the juice fecked and tasting of the burnt maybe.

Yeh that was it. Emptied the tank and when at fresh. Was grand after an hour.
    Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭125 Lime St

just seen the new iStick 50w 4400mAh is coming in to stock soon,€60 is a nice price for it too

It's looking fairly tasty alright! Eejit here is still waiting on the 30w from FT. Might be selling it boxed and sealed if the 50w hits shops before it arrives. Eleaf are good at taking criticisms of their device on board and fixing the issues if the product info they've given out is accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Get Real

just seen the new iStick 50w 4400mAh is coming in to stock soon,€60 is a nice price for it too

4400mAn :eek::eek: savage :D:D

Have the iStick 20w now, before that had the larger MVP 2. Find the Eleaf much less bulky, for a small trade off in battery size. But if roughly 2600mAh on MVP 2 was getting me about 5 days, does this mean the new iStick will last about 8 days for me, without a charge?? wow:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I think e-smokeireland will have them in stock from Wednesday.

It's looking fairly tasty alright! Eejit here is still waiting on the 30w from FT. Might be selling it boxed and sealed if the 50w hits shops before it arrives. Eleaf are good at taking criticisms of their device on board and fixing the issues if the product info they've given out is accurate.

Mines hopefully being shipped tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Mine shipped today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Just wonder did they fix the issue with voltage/wattage on 30w version,since from busardo reviews,main issue with 20w was that it fired 1v higher then displayed due to some technical issue.

• Advertisement

My 50 watt should be here tomorrow.

Advertisement