Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite part of Ireland?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

lufties wrote: »
    What part of dublin is welcoming exactly? I spent 3 years in dublin and was delighted to leave. Grey, miserable and full of scangers.

All of it? Grey and miserable, for three years? Where did you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    All of it? Grey and miserable, for three years? Where did you live?

Drumcondra, East wall and Harold's cross. I worked at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I've rarely been to a part of Ireland I didn't like. There are definitely places that stand out for me as my favourites- West Kerry, West Cork, Connemara, Kilkenny, Dublin City, West Clare for lovely buildings/scenery. But then I've had brilliant nights out in less obviously touristy places like Longford, Naas, Wexford town, Ballinasloe, Cavan- and had the best craic and would go to these places again with no hesitation cos of the craic with the locals and nice pubs or restaurants.

We're spoilt rotten in Ireland to be honest with so many nice places and friendly people. No need to bad mouth anywhere else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Drumcondra, East wall and Harold's cross. I worked at Dublin airport.

Well, if you just commute from there to work, all you are going to see is traffic and buildings.But East Wall and Drumcondra are not to far from the coast and Phoenix Park, Harold X is not too far from the Dublin Mountains.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is such an annoying comment. I haven't been to Donegal yet but have been meaning to visit for years. Does that mean i'll never know what makes Donegal nice? Twoddle.

I certainly wouldn't be asking you why you think Donegal is nice as that would obviously invalidate your membership of your secret club.

Um, doesn't that statement just mean that it's an obvious choice?

I took it to basically mean that you have to visit to actually understand why it's stunning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well, if you just commute from there to work, all you are going to see is traffic and buildings.But East Wall and Drumcondra are not to far from the coast and Phoenix Park, Harold X is not too far from the Dublin Mountains.....

To be honest, my life was toxic there. I worked shift with people I hated, that led me to drown my sorrows in the pub. Also, I had friends that I didn't really connect with. My love life was non existant apart from a few flings.
    Overall, It was a bad experience, so the coast, mountains and the phoenix park didn't mean much to me.

I'm older and wiser now living in London, would never go back to live in dublin...Leave the past behind and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This is such an annoying comment. I haven't been to Donegal yet but have been meaning to visit for years. Does that mean i'll never know what makes Donegal nice? Twoddle.

I certainly wouldn't be asking you why you think Donegal is nice as that would obviously invalidate your membership of your secret club.

You're definitely not allowed in now.
    sup_dude wrote: »
    Um, doesn't that statement just mean that it's an obvious choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

To be honest, my life was toxic there. I worked shift with people I hated, that led me to drown my sorrows in the pub. Also, I had friends that I didn't really connect with. My love life was non existant apart from a few flings.
    Overall, It was a bad experience, so the coast, mountains and the phoenix park didn't mean much to me.

I'm older and wiser now living in London, would never go back to live in dublin...Leave the past behind and all that.

Dublin - fussy fussy women and fussy womanish men tend to be my biggest difficulty! Lots of sound people, some a bit hardened. Out of my comfort zone in terms of social sophistication, but higher standards of living / work. A fair bit to see.

I like Galway, none of the above complications but less of the benefits too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Dublin cos it's home and me heart is there, like. And I was very happy in Dublin city, although I'm from Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Glenveagh National Park in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Belfast, in my humble opinion, is an awful place. The people there are just so argumentative and sour. Everyone seems deeply suspicious of outsiders. The accent is incredibly irritating too. Each to their own though.

I did a trip this summer. Me and a Dutch friend went from Dublin, up to Belfast, across Norn Iron/Donegal, back down to Bundoran, and back to Dublin (the Teddy Bear's head so to speak).

We both found the people in Belfast much friendlier and humorous than in Dublin.

Which was funny for her, as Dublin is my capital and they werent very friendly to one of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

dellas1979 wrote: »
    We both found the people in Belfast much friendlier and humorous than in Dublin.

What? All of them? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EganTheMan

Drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Westport in Mayo. Amazing place and surrounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I live in Galway but my favourite part of Ireland without question is the Dingle peninsula.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

My bed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I did a trip this summer. Me and a Dutch friend went from Dublin, up to Belfast, across Norn Iron/Donegal, back down to Bundoran, and back to Dublin (the Teddy Bear's head so to speak).

Which was funny for her, as Dublin is my capital and they werent very friendly to one of their own.
    Have to agree. I like Dublin, people are sound enough for the most part.

Love Belfast. Friendliest city on this island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I don't like to be confrontational but you're all WRONG, unless you said Donegal.
    If I have to go down to everyone of ye's and pull ye up here by the short and curlies to prove it, I will!

Advertisement