Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warrant transfer

Options
  • 16-11-2014 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10

can anyone tell me if warranty is transferable when it comes to laptops

im hoping to buy an unused second hand laptop off someone , they have a standard warranty in the box but no purchase receipt as they received this item as a present

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

can anyone tell me if warranty is transferable when it comes to laptops

im hoping to buy an unused second hand laptop off someone , they have a standard warranty in the box but no purchase receipt as they received this item as a present
    It depends on the terms of the guarantee. I suspect most manufacturers allow transfers but some may not. If transfers are not allowed it should be mentioned within the guarantee terms.
    If the original sale was registered with the manufacturer or the laptop was originally bought directly from the manufacturer then a receipt may not be necessary as the manufacturer would already know when the guarantee commenced, otherwise you may need proof of original purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You have whatever the manufacturer offers.

You do not have any statutory rights with the original place of purchase as you have no contract with them.

AFAIK most manufacturers, DELL/HP/Apple allow the Manufacturer Warranty to be transferred.

Advertisement