Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia seat selection - Ticketmaster

Options
  • 16-11-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at tickets for the Panto In the Olympia but when I go in,it seems to be randomly allocating me seats that I don't want. How can I select seats that I do want?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Try ringing them instead, or go to the box office and ask if you are near it. I never heard of a way to pick them for any regular gigs online. Absolutely desperate "service" I wonder what they really squander all the "service charge" money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I can choose for the Gaiety but not the Olympua for some
    reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I can choose for the Gaiety but not the Olympua for some
    reason.

For some reason on ticketmaster's site, for live music gigs, it doesn't allow customers to select their own seats from an interactive seat map in the same way that it's possible for sporting or theatre events, in places like the Croke Park, The Aviva Stadium or the Bord Gais Ebergy Theatre or the Gaiety Theatre.

And even though you can use an interactive seat map on ticketmaster's site for Theatre shows in the Bord Gaid Energy, it will just allow the best available option when buying for live music gigs in that venue.

I think it is most inconvenient, as if you select for 2 tickets, if there are two tickets at the edge of the second row it might select those, but it won't indicate that there may be other tickets more centrally located in seats a few rows back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

+1
    On calling into the box office on Dame St or phoning them. I always found them very helpful and accommodating.
    If you are going to phone them make sure you have the seating plan in front of you so that you know which seats they are offering you.
    Or you could phone ticketmaster, depending on who you get on the phone, but I have gotten better seats that way as well.

Advertisement