Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract of Employment

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I took up a new role approx 1 year ago however since taking up this role my contract has never been changed - Technically I am still employed under old job title, job description and rate of pay. I did agree to take up this role however do I have a right to obtain new contract with new job title on it, new job description and possibly a claim for increased pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

I do not think it normal to receive a new employment contract, i.e. your title, JD and salary can all change with the original contact staying in place. Pay increases themselves are usually formally acknowledged via a letter (which you may sometimes be asked to sign). Formal promotions to a new role may also be recognised formally by means of a letter / email.

Best thing would be to have a short chat with your supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Make sure you raise the issue (maybe not the pay unless was raised for position) with employer - cases have gone to court where
    the new role stops and previous employment is gone after a year. employers (as can be seen by all the miles of lines in contract
    leave open all avenues for their escape) which you sign and accept.
    if there is a dispute on work hours or pay etc. the employer will state and WIN you accepted the old rules and "unspoken" new rules
    in new position. for example employer demands 6 extra hours a week with no pay or basic "no overtime rate" and will claim you accepted the position.
    3 years employment tribunal and employer claims bankrupt etc. it is out there and is used.

Advertisement