Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in Castletroy/Annacotty & schools

• 17-11-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am (slowly) looking, possibly, to buy a house, and wife's job means it's likely to be Castletroy or else Annacotty. And money is really tight.

I found a few inexpensive places but wanted to understand what the areas are like. So any comments are much appreciated. Which of these areas should one reasonably head to for living with a family?

- Elm Park - appears to be an outright bad idea?

- Bru na Gruadan

- Glanntan, Golf Links Road

- Milford Grange (though the house looks old-ish, and BER D2...)

- Caislean na hAbhann

- Windsor Court

- Oaklawns (might be out of price range though)

- Curragh Birin

And also - hear it's hard to get into Milford and Monaleen primary schools? I have a son in 4th grade primary school and another who is to enter primary school next year. Would we have to settle for commuting somewhere further out, and if so are there any decent schools reasonably close?

Would really appreciate all information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Can't comment on schools but I live in Glanntan, its a nice estate in a good location and is mostly families like yourself living there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks! Question: how far is Glanntan from a bus stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

Theres no bus stop close by, a good 25 minute walk for a stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Out of all those areas I'd pick Glantan. Aside of that you're living amongst students. I went to Monaleen primary myself which is a great school. Castletroy College has a good rep too but wasn't there myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks a lot!

It looks like we only stand a chance in Curragh Birin and close there... I did note a student village there but the deep part of the estates seems to have families all right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement