Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

RIP Ipod Classic?

• 17-11-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I bought my ipod classic 2 yrs ago, and I saw recently that in the latest lineup of new Apple products that they seem to have dropped the ipod classic. If my current ipod broke or got lost I would be really upset as I have a large music collection on my ipod. Just wandering should I buy a new Ipod Classic now before current stocks run out, any thoughts?
    Will Apple bring out a new version of an ipd with the same memory size?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

banjobongo wrote: »
    I bought my ipod classic 2 yrs ago, and I saw recently that in the latest lineup of new Apple products that they seem to have dropped the ipod classic. If my current ipod broke or got lost I would be really upset as I have a large music collection on my ipod. Just wandering should I buy a new Ipod Classic now before current stocks run out, any thoughts?
    Will Apple bring out a new version of an ipd with the same memory size?

There were a couple of threads recently about it. Search "classic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The spinning disk ihas been declared dead and has been for quite some time by those in Cupertino and rightly so.

I'd get yourself to a store and buy one now because they ain't coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Anyone any guesses why they haven't updated the iPod Touch to keep up with current iPhones?

Zcott wrote: »
    Anyone any guesses why they haven't updated the iPod Touch to keep up with current iPhones?

Probably a mass of parts they want to get rid of before updating.

I'd love to see an iPod touch with 128Gb storage and bumped up to the A7/8 but I doubt we'll see that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Probably a mass of parts they want to get rid of before updating.

I'd love to see an iPod touch with 128Gb storage and bumped up to the A7/8 but I doubt we'll see that either.

I think next year they might go with a 5.5 inch iPod touch with A9 or A8, perfect gaming device!

• Advertisement

I dunno, I mean Apple has never been about gaming, they always just seem to fall into it.

Look at the apple tv, stick a A8 in that have iPhones as controllers and bam you've got a $99 gaming console that sits between a PS3 and PS4 in terms of graphics level, but they don't seem that interested in it.

Advertisement