Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tablet advise

Options
  • 17-11-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

Can anyone give some Steer on good or decent android Tablet for my 10 yr old. Was looking at Samsung 3 tab 7 inch @ approx €120 or Kindle HD Fire. Have also seen some on the Grab one and Living social sites for anywhere from €47 to €70. they will be using it for School work Research and Sufing etc.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Barney Magoo

I like the Asus Memopad HD7. Good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Try and make sure it's running at least Android 4.3, which I think was the version that supports Restricted Profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dunser1

Anyone else give any more steer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Personally I would steer clear of the LivingSocial/GrabOne tablets. They aren't the worst but they aren't great and should you have any issues it's not a simple case of bringing it back to a shop

If your budget can stretch to €120-130 I would go with the Lenovo Yoga linked above (€130 after €10 voucher). Screen is slightly bigger than the Samsung and Kindle tablets and has been receiving good reviews.

It's quad core and is updatable to KitKat. Also has a built in stand which might not seem like a big deal but is very useful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 dunser1

hi Looks like Argos Lenovo PAds is out of Stock Can anyone else Give a Steer on Tablet Similar around €100

• Registered Users Posts: 46,133 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is damn good bang for buck. Im not sure about delivery though. Asda online will deliver the likes of clothes here but if you were interested just go through the checkout process and see how it goes.

There's also this 10" tablet on Amazon (marketplace seller) but they wont delive here so you would have to use a friends address in N.I. or Parcel Motel

Advertisement