Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 6 from USA will it work here?

• 17-11-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Will I be able use a iphone 6 bought in USA ? Also do you get tax back at airport ..cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Will I be able use a iphone 6 bought in USA ? Also do you get tax back at airport ..cheers
    use the search function this gets asked a million times on here. the answer is yes it will work btw..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It will work. Make sure you buy the sim free one.
    No tax back as its above the maximum tax back limits.
    No warranty in Ireland either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pudsey123

I bought recently in NYC Apple store. It was unlocked to the Verizon network and when i came home i popped my 48months sim card in and it worked 100%. Delighted with it and it cost me €560.

There is very limited stock in the shops and by 11am- there were none left so I would advise getting there early.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You sure it was a Verizon version? I thought the used the 'other' network and the only one that worked here was AT&T?

The Americans dont do tax back like we do for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pudsey123

I can confirm it was 100% verizon as I specifically asked him for an unlocked TMobile one as I thought that was the only one that worked here. The manager in the shop ( married to an Irish girl) came over to me and promised me that the verizon would work here as I was very concerned about it potentially not working here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

The Verizon iPhones will work no problem they are all unlocked and are compatible with GSM networks .

If the phone was a Sprint iPhone it may not work here but the Verizon one 100% would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

kceire wrote: »
    It will work. Make sure you buy the sim free one.
    No tax back as its above the maximum tax back limits.
    No warranty in Ireland either.

Why do you say no warranty? Had no issues before with a U.S. Apple TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Do a search on this issue. It has been discussed to death previously. In a nutshell it is to do with the differing GSM/LTE bands that are used between US and EU.

Apple TV is bog-standard wherever you go so has a worldwide warranty.

This is about the iPhone. No worldwide warranty on iPhones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

But do they actively enforce that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Seems to depend on who you talk to in Apple. Some users here have been refused service and some others have got replacements.

I had to bring my UK bought phone back to Belfast to be replaced. There are no authorised Apple iPhone centres in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ratzy

So guys i just purchased an iphone 6 on T mobile here in the states i tried putting my meteor sim in it and it says no sim...sim required...can anyone help? should i bring it back?

Advertisement