Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carter USM - The Final Comedown shows

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi

Anyone else heading over to London this weekend for the final Carter USM shows, Fri @ the Empire in Shepards Bush and Sat @ the Academy in Brixton? Really looking forward to the shows. Support from the Frank & Walters and Sultans of Ping, some lineup!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Yup. 4 of us heading over Friday for Saturdays gig. Amazing line-up. Did you manage to get a ticket for the afterparty?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

No tickets for the after party, deliberately! 2 nights on the beers is enough for a few guys of our vintage with flights home on the Sunday. A 6am after party finish was a step too far ! Should be a great weekend, esp the Brixton gig :-)

No tickets for the after party, deliberately! 2 nights on the beers is enough for a few guys of our vintage with flights home on the Sunday. A 6am after party finish was a step too far ! Should be a great weekend, esp the Brixton gig :-)

Ah you're getting both nights in, I know I wouldn't be able for that! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow - didn't know these guys were still on the go. I used to love 30 Something and 1992 The Love Album. For some reason, forgot about them then. I think I got the Singles album some years later, but don't remember ever giving it much of a spin.

I think they were my final memory, some Friday back in 1992, as I lay on the canvas on a certain GAA pitch in Thurles, and drifted off into unconsciousness after a couple of cans of Heineken. In hindsight (and with the benefit of added maturity), I do wish I had my senses that day - I missed James, Primal Scream and The Wonder Stuff as well. Not that I knew anything about them at the time in any case.

Anyway, enjoy the gig.

Ridiculously good gig! What a crowd, incredible atmosphere. Body hasn't ached so much after a gig in a long time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

Ridiculously good gig! What a crowd, incredible atmosphere. Body hasn't ached so much after a gig in a long time :)

could not agree more. One of the great gigs. Atmosphere was electric, an incredible night. Really special. Will look forward to the DVD :-)

Sore as well. The Sunday journey home was a bit scary!

Advertisement