Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring contacts over from sim to sim

Options
  • 17-11-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

i have just left 3 to join meteor. i had to end my contract early with 3 due to woeful coverage issues.

i have all my contacts saved on my 3 sim, but unfortunately, not backed up with google. i rang meteor cust service for assistance and they advised me to go to a 3 store to get the numbers transferred over. when i went there the assistant used a small palm held device that he can slot both sims into. however it did not work as an error came up for the meteor sim. i also tried car phone warehouse and they couldn't help, while in the meteor shop they said that this is not something they can do in the shop.

i rang meteor customer service today and explained everythinig and they just said that they have done as much as they could and there is nothing more they can do to help me.

my phone without my contacts is useless to me. does anyone have any ideas about how i might add the numbers to my meteor sim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What kind of phone(s) do you have? If a smartphone with a sd card in it, you can save your contacts to the card. Then you can load them up again from the sd card.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i have a galaxy s5 meteor sim locked phone. if i put my 3 sim in the phone it wont read it

i have a galaxy s5 meteor sim locked phone. if i put my 3 sim in the phone it wont read it

Is there any unlocked android smartphone where you live, work or play? The easiest way is to export the contacts to a sd card. Then put the card in the S5 and load up the contacts. You can the save them to the meteor sim or Google or wherever you want. Getting them off the Three sim is your problem.

if i can find someone with a 3 phone then i should be able to do the same, ie, save to sd card?

Yep. Provided they have a sd card in it.

• Advertisement

i have an sd card myself :)

i'll give it a shot!

im surprised no one at meteor explained this to me...seems fairly straight forward

The contacts you export to the sd card will be in vcf format, so when you are importing to the Meteor phone, you will be looking for 00001.vcf.

thanks mate...will let you know how i get on

Advertisement