Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetherspoons - The Great Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

py2006 wrote: »
    Nothing healthy about a sub

Wheat bread with chicken/turkey and salad would be healthy enough compared to what you'd be served in other outlets. Different story if you ordered a meatball marina with cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wheat bread with chicken/turkey and salad would be healthy enough compared to what you'd be served in other outlets. Different story if you ordered a meatball marina with cheese.

White bread is the devil. It's all processed stuff with sauces there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

py2006 wrote: »
    White bread is the devil. It's all processed stuff with sauces there.

That's why he said wheat bread not white bread...

January wrote: »
    That's why he said wheat bread not white bread...

Oops. Sorry.

Anyway, can't see people recommending that place for health food.

Nobody is recommending it as a place for health food, he said it was ONE HEALTHIER option out of the place than the rest of what they serve. Jesus H Christ, people are such nitpicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Popped head into thread to read about Weatherspoons.

Will look elsewhere.

Nobody is recommending it as a place for health food, he said it was ONE HEALTHIER option out of the place than the rest of what they serve. Jesus H Christ, people are such nitpicks.

Yeah, didn't think it was that hard to understand either.

Anyways, no more posting about Subway's healthier options....until tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Calm down there but if you think subway and healthy go together then no wonder we have an obesity epidemic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK folks keep it friendly please, use the report button if needed

RasTa wrote: »
    Calm down there but if you think subway and healthy go together then no wonder we have an obesity epidemic

You've completely misunderstood the point. You can get a healthier alternative there compared to other outlets. It's really not that hard to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You've completely misunderstood the point. You can get a healthier alternative there compared to other outlets. It's really not that hard to understand.

If I want to eat healthy I won't go to any of those places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

RasTa wrote: »

Funnily enough I don't think subway and healthy go together but I can understand the concept of some of the food being a healthier option in that store than some of the other options they offer. As another poster said, wheat bread, some turkey or chicken and some veggies with no sauces is always going to be healthier than a meatball sub. If it meant me and my friends eating together rather than them going to subway and me having to go find something else than it's a compromise I'd take.

So, no, it's not no wonder there's an obesity epidemic.

Sorry guys, just saw the warning after I posted, note taken, let's get back to the Wetherspoons chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The quiz on Wednesday night is good craic.

1 euro per each team member - in aid of laura lynn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Popped in last week to have a few cheap buds @ €1.95 a pop. Sold out the day before. No more coming in until they rid the fridge of bottles according to one staff member. 3 for a tenner. Not bad in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Does anybody attend the pub quizzes Wetherspoons hold? Are they a bit of craic, and can you attend as an individual and form a team when you get there? How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Does anybody attend the pub quizzes Wetherspoons hold? Are they a bit of craic, and can you attend as an individual and form a team when you get there? How does it work?

They are good alright. Sometimes questions are a little too easy.

It's gone up to €2 pp now - in order to raise more money for laura lynn.
    Not sure about forming a team when you arrive - most people come in little small groups. But you could certainly do it on your own.
    Different from normal pub quiz - you don't hand up your answers after each round. Instead you answer all the questions - 50 questions (5 rounds of 10) - on one full page and hand that up at the end.
    (The page has a carbon copy behind it for you to keep which is handy)

The fella who runs it's is a nice lad. It's something different to do of a Wednesday evening.

I would prefer however if it started at 8, or 8.30 latest. It's 9 by the time he starts it every week. And 10.30/10.45 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can you believe they've run out of EVERY real ale, not one available......Thursday night and the pumps are dry shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Andip wrote: »
    Can you believe they've run out of EVERY real ale, not one available......Thursday night and the pumps are dry shocking

Was in there last Saturday, roughly 7pm. My dad's partner ordered Coors Light, was told that they were changing the barrel and to come back. She ordered something else, and for the next round asked again for Coors and was told they were changing the barrel. Two rounds later with them still "changing the barrel" she asked to speak to a manager (not to complain but to ask what the craic was). Twenty minutes later the manager appears to say they were actually sold out of Coors, no apology either he just walked away! I guess they're all fed up having to tell people they're sold out of particular beers so just make excuses til you leave :pac:

• Advertisement

Are they still running out of food too like when they first opened?

New separate menus for food and drink and for a THIRD time the prices have gone up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All Wetherspoons are the PITS at stock management. Beyond the teething period shortly after opening its just not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Amazingly they never run out of the more expensive beers......Hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They do however run out of the expensive vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

On Facebook, they have just announced that they have a full selection of real ales from E2.95 a pint.

They were only E2.75 last week, so they have just increased prices again by just under 10%.

Didn't take them long in Ireland to start pushing up the prices to the maximum the market will bear.

Some of their bottled beer have gone from €3.95 to €4.50 to €4.95 to €5.20 since opening day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Probably because they sell a lot less of it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Murt10 wrote: »
    On Facebook, they have just announced that they have a full selection of real ales from E2.95 a pint.

They were only E2.75 last week, so they have just increased prices again by just under 10%.

Didn't take them long in Ireland to start pushing up the prices to the maximum the market will bear.
    Yeah, 2.95 is madness, truly the max the market will bear, nobody in their right mind would pay more than that.

It's very telling when people resort to using percentages to show these seemingly outrageous price hikes, happens in the rip off forum all the time. I remember a poster complaining about the price of donuts being put up "100% overnight! :eek:", the pack of 5 standard donuts went from 50cent to a euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

If you think 2.95 is expensive for a pint of decent beer, presumably you've not set foot on any other Irish pub for 20 years?

Advertisement