Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mending hole in pair of runners?

• 17-11-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I've a small hole in the top of my trainers, they're brand new so want to get them fixed rather than throw them out. They're adidas tobaccos so kind of suedey leather material. It's only a small tear so hoping it could be stitched shut?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

If they are brand new can you bring them back to the shop and get an exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

miss-p wrote: »
    If they are brand new can you bring them back to the shop and get an exchange?
    On what grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Intifada wrote: »
    On what grounds?

Not fit for purpose ?
    OP doesnt say how "Brand new" they are.

You wouldnt expect a hole to appear, unless you were climbing walls with them, or abusing them some other way.

If I bought something and it got a hole in it within say, 6 months(?), that isn't normal wear and tear, you wouldn't expect that to happen and probably wouldn't have bought them in the first place if you knew that would happen, so I'd be bringing them back and telling them that and expect an exchange or refund. Really I'd expect to be entitled to a refund but you want to keep the runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I bought them online, but the hole is my fault really so I wouldn't expect a refund.

• Advertisement

Ok fair enough. In that case bring them to a shoe and leather repair shop and they can advise you. If the hole is small it probably won't cost too much for them to stitch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kevin the Kid

Get it stiched in a good shoe-mending/cobblers. If not try a good tailors. Some of them have very strong needels and will be able to cross stich it for you.

Advertisement