Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seatbelt wedged in door

• 17-11-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I know this is going to sound ridiculously stupid but the seatbelt is caught in my back passenger side door, clippy in bit aswel! I know literally zero about cars but the handle isn't working On the inside or outside, it feels like they're only going halfway so I'm guessing it's blocking the mechanism in the door! Tried kicking the bejesus out if it and pulling at the seatbelt but it's obviously caught in the lock. Any suggestions for a total idiot? Floor is soaking wet from what I guess is the rain coming in the gap and the car is constantly filled with condensation so any suggestions at all are appreciated, thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Can you take off the door card and try to manually release locking mechanism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You need to push the door in far enough for the lock to engage fully then open it with the handle.
    It may need some force.
    Alternatively Hold the handle up while pushing the door in hard and it may release.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You need to push the door in far enough for the lock to engage fully then open it with the handle.
    It may need some force.
    Alternatively Hold the handle up while pushing the door in hard and it may release.

Just got the OH to try that and there's absolutely no budge at all! The message isn't coming up to say the door is open but when I unlock the car by the remote that door doesn't unlock it will only unlock by pulling up the button!

No point in me trying to take the door card Off and have a look, I might as well be performing open heart surgery :P

Might have to be a trip to the mechanic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

As suggested above, hold the handle open or get someone to hold it while you try push the door in with your shoulder and a good bit of force. Or likewise try it from the inside out, may be better as the door opens out the way unless the child lock was accidentally activated. Really get your shoulder into it as it could be wedged. This is what a mechanic will try first, hold handle open and bump into the door with your shoulder (Making sure the lock inside is open). If that fails then its to try take or get a mechanic to take off the inner door panel off.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

JIdontknow wrote: »
    As suggested above, hold the handle open or get someone to hold it while you try push the door in with your shoulder and a good bit of force. Or likewise try it from the inside out, may be better as the door opens out the way unless the child lock was accidentally activated. Really get your shoulder into it as it could be wedged. This is what a mechanic will try first, hold handle open and bump into the door with your shoulder (Making sure the lock inside is open). If that fails then its to try take or get a mechanic to take off the inner door panel off.

Got the father is law to do this and it worked but he somehow broke the central locking in the process! Should've just left it alone :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement