Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: Campagnolo Record 10 Right shifter for donor parts

Options
  • 17-11-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for a 2000-2008 Campagnolo 10 speed carbon right hand shifter for parts. Only looking for downshift paddle so a crashed or worn out unit would suffice. A Chorus carbon would also do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

ardcat wrote: »
    Looking for a 2000-2008 Campagnolo 10 speed carbon right hand shifter for parts. Only looking for downshift paddle so a crashed or worn out unit would suffice. A Chorus carbon would also do.

The part you are looking for can be bought separately. I managed to buy one, I think from ribble cycles, about 8 years ago. Rebuilding these levers though is not for the faint hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ardcat

I know the part is available but with rather exorbitant postage price I was hoping to find a scrapped unit and recycle the parts. I had done a full recondition of 3 Ergo sets last winter and unfortunately the paddle of this decided to part company on the way from Boris to Graiguenamanagh on a tour last year. 2 speed laden touring is interesting but not impossible!

Yes, rebuilding these is not for the fainthearted. The first time was no fun at all but when you replace all the springs and clips they are like new again so well worth the effort. People tend to chuck out shifters if one gets crash damage or goes sloppy. The one that broke has about 90,000Kms over 14 years to its credit so I would hope to keep it going for many thousands of Kms.

Advertisement