Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis

Options
  • 17-11-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals.

Reading today that cannabis can help people with cancer and other complaints. Also I see states in the US are making medical cannabis legal.

Seem to be coming across a lot of information on Rick Simpson oil and I was wondering If anyone here has every heard of it? or know someone you used it to help them with cancer?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

And round and round we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Wrong forum for this type of question, maybe try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Yeah, I've heard of cannabis.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I can't believe we never thought to discuss this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

But drugs are illegal and therefore bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I've a complaint about the weather, can cannabis help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

YES I defiantly posted this question in the wrong place. Mod please move or close.

Sorry OP - typical AH response. I don't think there is any scientific evidence that cannabis is a magic bullet for cancer.

However, it does seem to help with loss of appetite and nausea from chemotherapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

stimpson wrote: »

Other way round.

They're bad, therefore illegal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's Cannabare not Cannabis.

Stoned Grammar Polizia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

without it I could go even...eh...blinder

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ah jaysus not again.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ah jaysus not again.

Why are you saying "not again"?

Read my OP.

BmCon wrote: »
    Why are you saying "not again"?

Read my OP.

You could have typed cannabis into the search function and added your post to the 420 threads started since September.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You could have typed cannabis into the search function and added your post to the 420 threads started since September.

Someone needs a smoke.
    Heh

Sauve wrote: »
    Someone needs a smoke.
    Heh

I'm all out.

May wait til i get the dole tomorrow.

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'm all out.

May wait til i get the dole tomorrow.

Good Daily Mail Headline there,,

"Dole Scrounger survives on Cannabis and Handouts"

21/25

uch wrote: »
    Good Daily Mail Headline there,,

"Dole Scrounger survives on Cannabis and Handouts"

If i had a child we'd be set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Oh right.... so um.... we're still doing this are we.... it's been like 5 weeks now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's Cannabare not Cannabis.

Stoned Grammar Polizia.
    They call 'em fingers, but... I've never seen 'em fing.

Oh... they're they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mm'kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

God I hate After Hours. Recognised the OPs username and remembered that he had previously mentioned a loved one of his was battling cancer. So this is clearly a genuine question looking for help and not trying to stir debate or be controversial. Yet you've got a bunch of drooling, dribbling fúcking idiots tripping over themselves to post the most stupid, unfunny comments you can imagine, all for Thanks. So what it's been discussed before? Big deal, ignore it if it bothers you.

OP, you should try the Long Term Illnesses forum for a more civilised and helpful response. I hope everything works out for you :)

Thanks button needs to removed in the vast majority of forums on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

not the taxable drugs, you know, the really dangerous ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

a friend of mine, who had very aggressive cancer, smoked cannabis regularly, and found it to be the only medicine that gave him any sort of relief from the pain he was suffering.

He told his doctors this, and they pretty much agreed with him that 'if it works for you, go for it'

God I hate After Hours. Recognised the OPs username and remembered that he had previously mentioned a loved one of his was battling cancer. So this is clearly a genuine question looking for help and not trying to stir debate or be controversial. Yet you've got a bunch of drooling, dribbling fúcking idiots tripping over themselves to post the most stupid, unfunny comments you can imagine, all for Thanks. So what it's been discussed before? Big deal, ignore it if it bothers you.

OP, you should try the Long Term Illnesses forum for a more civilised and helpful response. I hope everything works out for you :)

:) they are just kids I think.. no harm. let them have their fun; they don't bother me at all. Ill look at the Long Term Illnesses forum tomorrow.

Thanks

a friend of mine, who had very aggressive cancer, smoked cannabis regularly, and found it to be the only medicine that gave him any sort of relief from the pain he was suffering.

He told his doctors this, and they pretty much agreed with him that 'if it works for you, go for it'

This is good to know. Reading a lot today about the RSO cannabis oil. If it works in any way we'd try it for her.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Apparently cannabis is also very effective for people with anger management issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Or a warning when posting a thread to AH.
    "This may not be the sub forum you want, please contact one of the following mods to double check if you're not sure where to post."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Tirnanog79

BmCon wrote: »
    This is good to know. Reading a lot today about the RSO cannabis oil. If it works in any way we'd try it for her.

Thanks

Did you find any help regarding your search.
    Any update on the patient ?

Advertisement