Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

BmCon wrote: »
    Seem to be coming across a lot of information on Rick Simpson oil and I was wondering If anyone here has every heard of it?
    I've heard of cannabis oil being used to cure all sorts of things. Unfortunately it all seems to come from individuals, blogs, youtube videos. Real medical companies are still hiding their cannabis research behind doors, we've only seen the first trials of the UKs cannabis based spray Sativex is out there no but not easy to get your hands on I'd assume.

Cannabis oils are hard to get and ridiculously expensive because you're turning the plant that could get dozens of people stoned into a tiny bottle of oil for one person.

I would have no idea if they work, the guys promoting them had the oil curing everything from lung cancer to skin marks. It all sounded too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

ScumLord wrote: »
    I would have no idea if they work, the guys promoting them had the oil curing everything from lung cancer to skin marks. It all sounded too good to be true.

I too have heard many folk spouting off about how some guy they know shrivelled his tumour in weeks and went on to live 10 years longer than his original prognosis, and then telling me that the reason this medical breakthrough hasn't been made public is because cannabis/police state/big pharma.....

When my aunt was so sick from Chemo last year, although the medication was destroying her cancer cells, it was really hard on her and everyone else of course. Terrible to see, and the possibility of her dying during the treatment was very high. I can understand how people would be desperately hoping there's a better way to try for a cure, but I can't justify folk actually recommending a course of treatment that may not really be treatment.

We just don't know yet, and perhaps that IS the fault of "big-pharma" and vested interests, perhaps it IS the cure for everything but when a person I knows well virtually gives out to me for not trying something "natural" instead of the one thing that works to beat cancer in modern peer-reviewed medical science, then I will take offence on behalf of my aunt's life. There are other vested interests involved in pushing treatments that may not work or may clash badly with other medications. That is all.

Shrap wrote: »
    I can understand how people would be desperately hoping there's a better way to try for a cure, but I can't justify folk actually recommending a course of treatment that may not really be treatment.
    I think the big obvious benefit for people going through chemo is for pain relief and apatite. So it's worth a try, it may not actually cure you but I think if it can help the person feel better it will be easier for them to recover.
    There are other vested interests involved in pushing treatments that may not work or may clash badly with other medications. That is all.
    The problem is that companies do seem to be having positive results, they've found that cannabis can help with lung cancer and seems to combat all kinds of cancer. Of course the pharma companies need to turn that into a patentable product. It will be all to easy for another pharma company to just copy the pill, growing cannabis is one of the easiest things in the world to do as well.

It's very hard to cut through the bul**** though. As with all debates your get people talking polar opposite viewpoints and digging in with no intention of dealing with the facts or each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

catallus wrote: »
    Other way round.

They're bad, therefore illegal. :D
    Tell that to all the people with Multiple Sclerosis, AIDS, chronic pains and late stage cancer that would have a different view ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
    An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Tirnanog79

Very intersesting read on Wiki and talk on Ted about a strain of cannabis with no THC.
    The weed is called Charlotte's Web and it's named after a little girl that its helping.

Still new here so cant post link :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Medicinal weed is usually high in CBD and low in THC.

Here's a review of Charlottes web:

http://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

kjl wrote: »
    Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday
    An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time

whitesnake? :)

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Medicinal weed is usually high in CBD and low in THC.

Here's a review of Charlottes web:

http://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

anti-cannabis stance:

they all just wanna get high.

pro-cannabis reality:

This strain is effective with little to no psychoactive effects, making it great for those who don’t want their medication to affect their daily tasks

Charlotte's Web Out of 20 ratings: 4.2 Outstanding

funny how a bunch of stoners will rate it outstanding, when it has little psychoactive effects. maybe we all dont just wanna get high after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whitesnake? :)

Good strain........ ;)

• Advertisement

I think the big obvious benefit for people going through chemo is for pain relief and apatite. So it's worth a try, it may not actually cure you but I think if it can help the person feel better it will be easier for them to recover.
    Quite right, so long as it doesn't interfere with the 10+ medications that a person battling cancer is typically on. For pain relief and anti nausea, if cannabis oil was available you can be sure my aunt would have taken it. However, in the case of my "learned friend" and his cohorts, it was being dangerously recommended INSTEAD of chemo.
    It's very hard to cut through the bul**** though. As with all debates your get people talking polar opposite viewpoints and digging in with no intention of dealing with the facts or each other.
    With due respect to your open minded opinion (I have a similar opinion), the bullsh1t propagated (no pun intended) by people who would willingly propose that a person with cancer should go the "natural" route with cannabis oil based solely on their anecdotal evidence makes me want to shut them the fcuk up. Quite severely and possibly with an implement. :mad:

Quite right, so long as it doesn't interfere with the 10+ medications that a person battling cancer is typically on. For pain relief and anti nausea, if cannabis oil was available you can be sure my aunt would have taken it. However, in the case of my "learned friend" and his cohorts, it was being dangerously recommended INSTEAD of chemo.
    It's not an alternative. I think doctors should be able to consider cannabis, not smoking it either, that's pointless and eating would be far more effective for pain relief. Cannabis seems to able able to do the work of several anti pain and apatite drugs with less side effects or more acceptable side effects.

I'm not promoting it as a cure or alternative to actual chemo. I just find the possibility of it being part of the cure interesting.

With due respect to your open minded opinion (I have a similar opinion), the bullsh1t propagated (no pun intended) by people who would willingly propose that a person with cancer should go the "natural" route with cannabis oil based solely on their anecdotal evidence makes me want to shut them the fcuk up. Quite severely and possibly with an implement. :mad:
    Of course, some people have dug into the cannabis is the cure for everything and the pharma companies are lying to you camp and won't be budged. It's a dangerous way to think, although I think when you're faced with actual cancer you'll do whatever your doctor recommends. It's a bit like how Christians say "ah, you'll change your tune on your deathbed", when it comes down to it i think most naysayers will turn to real doctors and hospitals.

It's not an alternative. I think doctors should be able to consider cannabis, not smoking it either, that's pointless and eating would be far more effective for pain relief. Cannabis seems to able able to do the work of several anti pain and apatite drugs with less side effects or more acceptable side effects.
    Oh, totally. I have a friend who is wracked with pain from MS and uses cannabis boiled in milk, then frozen into cubes for his cocoa! Works better than anything that can be got on perscription, according to him....and he should know. He's in severe pain each and every day. I think he has found a source for cannabis oil at this stage actually. However, your last point would be similar to my stand point (just without the violent thoughts :o).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Knasher wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard of cannabis.

Its great stuff..

Works better than anything that can be got on perscription, according to him....and he should know. He's in severe pain each and every day.
    It's a strange kind of pain relief too, it doesn't as such make the pain go away, you can still feel it you just don't care about it and it doesn't bother you as much. The big benefit of that over drugs that make the pain go away is that you won't start acting like you're fine and start doing damage because you can't feel anything, then end up in a hoop the next day because you undid all the repair work your body did.

There are huge benefits and the only downside is being stoned. Although, I don't see that as a downside.

There are huge benefits and the only downside is being stoned. Although, I don't see that as a downside.

Pretty sure that if I'm ever in severe pain, I won't be holding back ;) Being stoned is only a downside when you have other stuff to do, but if it's all you can do to hold pain at bay, people will just have to put up with me looking bug-eyed and vacant. Possibly giggling also. And never remembering what the brilliant world-changing epiphany I reached 5 minutes ago was about......

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Personally, I'm not sold on the whole cannabis cures cancer thing, I just don't see how it's possible. But, that said, I'm definitely for the use of medical cannabis. I can speak from personal experience and say it definitely helps with anxiety, nausea and pain. I suffer from anxiety, though luckily I can somewhat manage it, but whenever I smoke, it completely vanishes, if I had access to affordable cannabis and could reliably source suitable strains, I could see it being a great way to deal with anxiety when I'm having a bad period. As far as nausea is concerned, I've never had any conditions leading to severe nausea, luckily, but I have had short term infections which lead to it, and cannabis allowed me to eat and drink, and I personally think recover much quicker, hell, it even helps with hangover nausea! As far as pain is concerned, I usually deal with back pain which luckily I'd only describe as moderate, but sometimes it gets severe, and cannabis works better than anything else I've tried, and I've tried pretty much everything that's not opiates.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tirnanog79

It may not cure anything. But it sure does help the patient cope with the illness.
    And if it easies pain then it should be used.
    Regarding the oil. I believe it takes 16 ounces to make 50ml of oil. That is probably 8 plants making 2 ounces each.
    Quite expensive.

Regarding the oil. I believe it takes 16 ounces to make 50ml of oil. That is probably 8 plants making 2 ounces each.
    Quite expensive.

you need a new gardener, thats a shockingly bad yield :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Hi OP,

Beyond the mostly A typical after hours response , I remember reading the threat about your troubles and am very sorry for what your going through, it's not easy at all. I've lost two people close to me to it so understand where your coming from.

Yes Cannabis helps relieve pain caused by cancer, I don't really care what facts do or do not back this up or what way they swing it. It does and that's that hence why the US have been one of the first to cop on and use it as a medicine for not only cancer but other illness as well.

But in terms of cancer, I've seen it relieve pain in my loved ones particularly through the chemotherapy sessions , the THC in Cannabis triggers glands that activate your 'Hunger' so it helps deal with loss of appetite and in turn keeping your strength up. It also helps with the sickness, I don't know why but you get 'sick' (Vomiting) much less after taking it. For pain relieve you want a strain that is high in CBD.

I'm no doctor, but what do they know about it anyway, probably everything I've said above but their hands are tied. I'd recommend it for sure. My only advice if you do go down that route (And here lies the issue) is that poor quality street cannabis won't do the job , you'll need to secure decent quality (Medical grade) cannbis to have the most effect.

I'm not ashamed to say that I done this for my loved one's in their final year, I grew it myself for them and supplied them with it. Had my door being kicked in I'd have happily went to court and told the judge what I was doing and why I was doing it and if they wanted to slam me away for it I'd happily go in the knowledge that I helped take away at least a small amount of their suffering.

BTW I don't smoke it anymore myself and I didn't sell any of it either. I did it for free because I had the knowledge of how to do it correctly from when I was younger.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

I'll do a line of coke, pop a E, do a line of speed, take some acid, pop some benzo's (Already have hehe) or codeine or other opiates. But I will not smoke cannabis (again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

I'll do a line of coke, pop a E, do a line of speed, take some acid, pop some benzo's (Already have hehe) or codeine or other opiates. But I will not smoke cannabis (again.)

Any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishdude30

hey guys can anyone tell me more about the process in how to get CBD oil with THC for medical purposes in the Barcelona Cannabis clubs , im trying to Get as much information online as possible but its not giving out a lot other than to join the club and visit them in Barcelona .. what would be the process for this if I went over does anyone know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I was in Tenerife a few weeks ago and before I left I looked online about the clubs there.
    I'm sure it said you had to be a resident to frequent them.
    When I got there random reps on the strip were just inviting anyone in no prob.
    I didn't go to any so I don't know what they are like but I don't think entry is a problem anyway.

Advertisement