Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent Calendar/Stocking Fillers for Men

• 17-11-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I need ideas for really small little presents that will go into an advent calendar for my OH.

He is male, 30, loves sport,fitness,music, cinema.....

I have a list of a few things so far:

cinema tickets,
    A DVD we can watch together,
    a starbucks voucher,
    christmas socks,
    a scratch card
    breakfast in bed
    new earphones

so that gives you an idea of the kind of things I had in mind.

They dont have to be particularly small, I suppose this thread could also double as a stocking fillers for guys (like the other stocking filler thread there is here for a posters girlfriend)

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

I always get things like a stock of nice toothbrushes, his favourite sweets, things like deodorant I know that sounds odd but he likes a certain one and the shops only sometimes stock it, some nice shaving bits and pieces..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

Superhero pjs/bottoms are all the rage now, or to use as slouchy house clothes I guess, my DH wouldnt wear pj's in bed bout would be handy for round the house.
    Cartoon jocks are in now also
    lynx set of his favourite scent, ill be getting "Africa", delish!
    gillette set, basically a load of razorheads that could do him 1/2 the year.
    a book if he reads...
    a polo shirt/t-shirt found my dh's fav christmas movie in a t-shirt in asda the other day! cant wait to give it to him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

iTunes voucher
    If he's a golf fan the ryder cup 2014 DVD is out now
    His favourite childhood sweets, my OH loves drumsticks lollies there going in his stocking
    Maybe a photo key ring of yous both on a special occasion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Rainemac I remember Lynx Africa well it's fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I just want to say I love this thread, just wish there were more posts as I could really use some inspiration! :D

I find it hard to shop for guys in general and this year I have boyfriend, dad and 3 brothers to shop for (one of the brother is in Florida so want to send him a few little bits!) and also the other two brothers just turned 21 this week. Aaaall the difficult presents to buy.

I love the idea of doing up a little hamper with favourite foods or sweets. I've seen them in a few shops but it would be so cheap to make up yourself! You wouldn't even need a hamper as such, just a nice box (or a cardboard one that you could paint or cover in paper like with their football team's colours or something!)

Any other ideas?

PS As regards Lynx Africa my lads aren't a fan but weirdly my sister loves it so she'll be getting a shower gel in her bundle of presents! Each to their own :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think more women love lynx Africa more than men mmmmm I can smell it already.. There is a grabone deal on at the moment for a retro sweet hamper http://www.grabonestore.ie/deluxe-retro-sweets-hamper-32

I always try to keep track of things that he always forgets to get or to do and get him things like that..

If anyone is into Karl Pilkington too his books are gas really funny, and perfect for stocking fillers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Ooh I meant to say things like extra cables for his phone are always handy to have- the €2 shop have iPhone and Samsung cables that would be grand in a fix, and I also ordered a Belkin car charger including a cable off eBay for about a fiver including postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm doing something similar for my partner and our daughter. If I (man, techy, sporty, practical, foody, 27) was getting something similar, here's a list of small things that I'd love to see in there - should be able to get most in Pennies or Dealz, but some would be easier to find online:

- Wool/warm socks
    - Favourite bar or treat
    - Car phone charger
    - Nice deodorant
    - DE razor blades
    - Small tools (Dealz have an ok selection at 1.50 a pop)
    - USB key with a film I wanted to see (or a Christmas movie maybe)
    - Small kitchen gadgets like a tea infuser
    - Nice funky tea leaves
    - Nice freshly roasted bag of coffee beans (this would be the golden ticket)
    - Watch strap
    - Wooly hat
    - Nice mug for coffee
    - Phone cover or screen protector
    - Uncommon herb/spice (or just one that I don't have)
    - Mulled wine spice kit

Let me know if that's helpful at all and I can try to think of some more - they're all just off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

This post has been deleted.

I was eyeing this up for my bro in law, think you just made the decision for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement