Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One M7 on KitKat Sms Message issue

• 17-11-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

Since updating to the above OS I have had issues sending text messages, ie, messages pending unless I manually resend them or restart my phone.

Other issues have been my data is very slow on LTE 4g and i have had to change my preferred network type from "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" to "WCDMA preferred" in phone information. This results in only having hsdpa coverage and no 4g at all which is a balls considering the cost of plan.

Any solution(s) to one or both of these issues would be appreciated.

I am a Meteor bill pay customer.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 oliver29

Like you in on meteor and using a HTC one m7. I Swapped to textra for sms's on an earlier release of software because of the issue you describe along with the annoying way it handles notifications for delivery reports.

Regarding 4g (and performance in general), I've been on the meteor network for years and over the past month or so it's fine to pot. Along with the m7 I use a Sony m2 for work. Performance has dropped noticeably on both, I found your post when my brother and his partner mentioned asked me if I'd noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Thanks for the reply,
    I have since installed Textra and I find it a brilliant app.

In relation to the 4g, it is more of a software phone issue. When I have my phone set to LTE there is a significant noticeable delay when the phone is swapping between 4g and 3g...

I know this because the icon on the screen won't look to download data for 5/6/7 second when I'm trying to browse the internet etc...

I'm managing away for now and hoping that lillipop will sort the issuse for me...

Thanks again

Advertisement