Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just changed Browser their...

Options
  • 17-11-2014 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Have been a Firefoxer for years but have been having problems with display, Ctrl+F not working, buttons disappearing and other sh1t for awhile, a long while.

Switched to Iron there, jaysus, a breath of fresh air.

Bye Firefox.

Try the alternatives people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Never heard of it till now:D
    Iron is a free Web browser from SRWare. It's based on Google's Chromium core, which is the basis of many browsers, including Google's own Chrome. Like Chrome and the others, Iron is super-fast and accepts extensions, themes, and developer tools. What sets it apart is a lack of the Google-centric features that some have criticized for violating users' privacy, such as reporting your browsing habits and suggesting content (and advertising) based on the results.

Anyone one else recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Yes. There is also a portable version you can run from a USB stick.

Does it have flash embedded like google chrome, thats the main reason I use chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Assuming its SRware Iron, its basically Chrome without googles tracking. Coming from Chrome you won't see much difference

Just tried to launch SRIron after D/L it from Sofepedia, and after scanning, and this is what I got. :(

Who is duck duck go, anything to do with iron at all.

IRONMALWARE_zps838ace06.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

'duck duck go' is not related to chrome browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

duckduckgo is just another search engine, but the links it provides don't, IIRC, go thru redirects like google's do, much in the spirit of Iron vs Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Pretty much what bonzo said, DDG is just a search engine that protects your privacy. Should use it even if you don't run Iron.

iPhones let you set it as your default search engine now too

Got nothing but malware after downloading Iron, so back to FF for me.

Where did you download it from?
    SRWare Iron is not bundled with any malware.

This is the official link where you should download it from.
    Get it from somewhere else and you don't know what you're getting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Malware most likely downloaded from softpedia

Malware most likely downloaded from softpedia

thats where I got it from, use to use c.net but while back nick said softpedia is safer.

I've never trusted those download sites and only download from them if I can't find it anywhere else.

You're much better off getting it from the source site in the majority of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Duck Duck Go doesn't give personalised search results, so you will not see websites that are Irish above others. It knows nothing about who or where you are. I like the idea but its much easier just to use Google to be honest.
    Edit: Just saw you can set your region, but thats as far as personalisation goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Do't download anything from Softpedia. It downloads it's own software and then installs the software you want through that. Malwarebytes and my antivirus Eset goes mad with this.

Download from filehippo or filehorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

company.yandex.com/press_center/blog/entry.xml?pid=65

^^Yandexs new one finally looks like something new.

Advertisement