Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Practice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Well done! Great report, too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well done DG - you are flying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's an insane performance , well done...Well have drinks after terenure
    Brilliant, well done....
    Thanks Barry :)
    wrstan wrote: »
    Great racing DG! And love the report!
    Ya can't beat the feeling of running fast on a track, and looks like ya really nailed it!
    Well done.
    Thanks B, it felt like 'coming home', I loved it! :)
    HelenAnne wrote: »
    Amazing! Well done!
    Thanks Helen! :)
    laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Well done DG, congrats on the win. Hope you're feeling better too.
    Thanks Laura, yes, on the mend, all on the way out...new regime is helping :)
    dintbo wrote: »
    Impressive stuff! Well done DG!
    Thanks dintbo, looking forward to you starting your log hint hint :)
    nop98 wrote: »
    Well done! Great report, too!
    Thanks N :)
    spaceylou wrote: »
    Well done DG - you are flying!
    Thanks spaceylou :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Bloody hell, I look away from Boards for a day or two and you've gone and won another race!!!! and not even one that you were thinking much about..!! does that mean that you're now Wicklow 1500 champion as well as Wicklow CC champion???

Brilliant running, definitely deserves a celebratory drink or two!!! When's your next triumph scheduled for... Monday? :D

annapr wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I look away from Boards for a day or two and you've gone and won another race!!!! and not even one that you were thinking much about..!! does that mean that you're now Wicklow 1500 champion as well as Wicklow CC champion???

Brilliant running, definitely deserves a celebratory drink or two!!! When's your next triumph scheduled for... Monday? :D

Thanks Anna (btw did you get a signed leave of absence for boards?!) Haha, yes it really was a surprise to me too don't worry! It's all 'running in the dark' at the moment, I literally have no idea how I will perform in each 'first' type of race. I would have been *happy* with a 5:30 time but 5:15 had planted itself in my subconscious. Must start doing that more often eh?!
    It was really like coming home Anna, I enjoyed it so much despite running with the gazelle-like juniors and lack of proper warm up etc. Oh and of course the inevitable pain etc :)
    So yes, that's another Wicklow title, my 4yo is going to be expecting this, I'll have to start smuggling medals out of the house to bring home with me :D
    I am seriously NOT sandbagging but the Leinsters on Monday is going to be very very competitive. It was won in 10:34 last year (my current PB is 11:34 so....) and I will be very happy to finish in the first 10 with hopefully a new PB... We are however fielding a strong team ;)
    I can't sign off without a little bit of sandbagging tho...the tick on my *calendar* had to be moved forward several days this month :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I echo what Anna said. Miss a few days and you've gone and won another race! Great performance & report.

P.s. Jo Pavey won a European Championship Gold Medal as a 40yo during the summer last year.
    I think your self depreciation probably helps your performances tbh ;)

I just think it's fantastic to see you rediscovering your joy in running... and winning is an added bonus :D Looking forward to hearing about the Leinsters now, of course it will be competitive... and there's no doubt you will be competing, sandbags and all :D

*I thought for a minute the tick on your calendar was a race.... duh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Wow, that is terrific, DG. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Brilliant stuff DG, those splits are mind-boggling!! That head cold didn't do you any harm then :D Its very inspiring to have someone of a similar stage in life coming into such good form, gives us all a bit of hope !! Mind you I think pure talent for the sport comes in to play here, great stuff :D

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I echo what Anna said. Miss a few days and you've gone and won another race! Great performance & report.

P.s. Jo Pavey won a European Championship Gold Medal as a 40yo during the summer last year.
    I think your self depreciation probably helps your performances tbh ;)
    Thanks P! I'll take a comparison with Jo Pavey any day of the week ;) (it's a bit like comparing gold and tin though :D )
    I just think it's fantastic to see you rediscovering your joy in running... and winning is an added bonus :D Looking forward to hearing about the Leinsters now, of course it will be competitive... and there's no doubt you will be competing, sandbags and all :D

*I thought for a minute the tick on your calendar was a race.... duh...
    Thanks again Anna, I think Friday on the track really was the highlight so far...although I think I said that after the 10 mile...and the relays...and the 5k :)
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Wow, that is terrific, DG. Bravo!
    Thanks D, appreciate it! :)
    Runchick wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff DG, those splits are mind-boggling!! That head cold didn't do you any harm then :D Its very inspiring to have someone of a similar stage in life coming into such good form, gives us all a bit of hope !! Mind you I think pure talent for the sport comes in to play here, great stuff :D

Aw thanks, Runchick. That's really nice to hear but I really feel I have to qualify where I'm at a little bit...When I ran competitively as a teen, I never ever felt 'talented', there were always girls waaaay ahead of me and a glance through my old diary confirms that: 52nd in this race, 72nd in that...I suppose it was a combination of the usual teenage fall-off and consistency over the years that paid off for me.
    My theory for where I am now is that muscles have memory and combined with having a bit of background knowledge about running lurking in my grey matter and good advice from my dad, coach and club captain (not to mention my clubmates and *here*!), I've been able to train smart (hard days hard, easy days easy) and consistently.
    Thanks again for the kind words, here's to a long spell of consistency for us all - great to see your training building, long may it continue :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Great win DG. It's just getting better and better over here. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

No doubt you are in the leaba already what with the new regime and all but wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow. Go show those young uns how it's done. Again :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

yes +1 to that, best of luck tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

*another* race :eek:. Good luck, not that you need it.

Another good day at the office :)
    Leinster Masters 3k Championships:
    - Bronze medal individual o/40
    - Silver medal club team (second scorer)
    - Silver medal County team (second scorer)
    No PB today, not sure of the time yet: I ran watchless but 3rd overall was 11:28 or thereabouts, I was 7th overall. It was a hard hard course, each lap contained a hard drag of 700m or so which sapped the legs, it was however definitely a true *race course*.

Well done again!!!! That's some haul of medals you're collecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

It's the pressure of the 4yo being upset if she doesn't bring home those medals to play with that probably spurs her on :)

In all seriousness A, well done. Looking forward to the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

we expected nothing less :D well done again A, fantastic weekend of racing for you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Another day, another race, another haul of medal! Well done. Again.

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    It's the pressure of the 4yo being upset if she doesn't bring home those medals to play with that probably spurs her on :)

In all seriousness A, well done. Looking forward to the report.
    Firedance wrote: »
    we expected nothing less :D well done again A, fantastic weekend of racing for you!
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Another day, another race, another haul of medal! Well done. Again.

Thanks guys, it has to be said that the club did well too, I think every member of BR that ventured down came back with a medal. The Sli Cualann team did well too. And yeah, now I got the whole team worried about the 4yo's happiness ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Wow! Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next while... The current run of form is mind bogglingly good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

I'm getting very sick of your medal winning performances, will you ever give it up jeez :D:D
    \/
    \/

Seriously, great stuff, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done! Nothing stopping you at the moment, long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Congrats DG - hope you a big medal cabinet in your house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah here. Leave a few medals for the others, will you?

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

More medals??
    I'd love to pretend I'm surprised......:P
    Well done

p.s. Do us a favour and throw in a sh*t race or two like the rest of us, just so we know you're human ;)

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Wow! Looking forward to seeing your progress over the next while... The current run of form is mind bogglingly good
    Thanks JD, it's all a big balancing act. The plan now is to take the foot off the pedal a little race-wise now, but it is well and truly the season of 'racing is your training'...my priority is to keep it enjoyable though, full stop.
    I'm getting very sick of your medal winning performances, will you ever give it up jeez :D:D
    \/
    \/

Seriously, great stuff, well done
    :p;)
    chickey2 wrote: »
    Well done! Nothing stopping you at the moment, long may it continue.
    Thanks chickey, just saw you started a log, looking forward to reading that in a bit!
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    Congrats DG - hope you a big medal cabinet in your house :D
    Hehe thanks TJ, I might have to get a board for them alright :)
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Ah here. Leave a few medals for the others, will you?

Well done!
    Done with the medals Murph, we're going for the money now ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Ba bling, ba bling :D Nice haul! Well done on a very productive bank holiday :) Feet up now. And bed by 10 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

Well done DG! Another cracking performance and well deserved!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Super stuff, as usual. :) Feels like only yesterday when typing that last, oh, hang on, it was!!! :)

Advertisement