Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Practice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Haha I love your faith in my new shoes :D Dxxxxxxxxccfgbnjkgexbvecutr. That was my 2yo's opinion, I turned my back for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Dxxxxxxxxccfgbnjkgexbvecutr. That was my 2yo's opinion, I turned my back for 5.

Ah so cute, sounds like a positive pep talk to me!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ah so cute, sounds like a positive pep talk to me!
    Yeah he's continuing the training right now, getting the old quads working up the stairs every five minutes or so :)

Friday 25 January
    6*100m form hill drills towards the end of a 5 mile loop

Really felt worried on today's run, right from the get-go my legs felt sluggish. I had woken up with a slightly rough throat, more so than other days this week, and a bit more congestion. The sluggishness showed no sign of abating which made me link to the cold symptoms as there was no way I should have been tired after last night's run. So I had the option to run a shorter loop after 2.75 miles but kept going...

On Sunday, I had reassured a clubmate who dropped out of the lsr that she was doing the right thing and how it's not easy to make the sensible decision to cut back. These words came back to sit guiltily on my shoulder as I plodded along....

I decided that I'd get to the hill spot (3.5 miles in or so) and churn a few out just to shake the legs out and adjust the amount and distance according to how I felt. And they were grand, did the full 6, concentrated on a high lift, powerful but controlled arm drive, up on the toes, stay relaxed and the speed came too. Brisk walk back recovery, interspersed with some jogging. Glad I did them, can't say the warm down was easeful but the most direct route home took in a steep enough ascent.
    Just read Tom Joad's log, he had a similar experience today or yesterday and the feedback made me think that maybe there are days when you just have to suck it up....
    5.5m T

But to be on the safe side....
    Hitting the turmeric, ginger, cinammon, honey and lemon/lime concoction with a vengeance plus paracetamol and double dropping the vitamin C :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Friday 25 January

Just read Tom Joad's log, he had a similar experience today or yesterday and the feedback made me think that maybe there are days when you just have to suck it up....

Hitting the turmeric, ginger, cinammon, honey and lemon/lime concoction with a vengeance plus paracetamol and double dropping the vitamin C :D

If you replace all that stuff with Guinness, I'm taking a similar safe approach :D just to be really sensible I might also add in a generous measure of glendiffich after the next Guinness!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sometimes I think the body knows when there is a race upcoming and you start to feel sluggish and struggle through runs but everything seems to magically sort itself out on the day.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    If you replace all that stuff with Guinness, I'm taking a similar safe approach :D just to be really sensible I might also add in a generous measure of glendiffich after the next Guinness!!
    I opened a bottle of red and realised a bit too late that I had to save my pre-race two glasses for tomorrow.... :D
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Sometimes I think the body knows when there is a race upcoming and you start to feel sluggish and struggle through runs but everything seems to magically sort itself out on the day.
    I think you're right there Adrian, fingers crossed :)

How are you feeling today Dubgal ? Did that magic potion work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Hope you're feeling better, DG, all the best today.

How are you feeling today Dubgal ? Did that magic potion work ?
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better, DG, all the best today.
    Aw thanks guys. Am slightly worse if anything :( RHR in high 70s too. Will make the call later. More potion and a few paracetamol might get me to the line :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Aw thanks guys. Am slightly worse if anything :( RHR in high 70s too. Will make the call later. More potion and a few paracetamol might get me to the line :)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! Hope you improve a lot in next few hours :) fingers crossed for you!

Noooooooh ! What rotten luck :mad: Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Sorry to hear that DG is it wise to start? Nothing worse than realising after the start that it was a really bad idea :( I wish you all the best whatever you decide :)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Oh no! Sorry to hear that! Hope you improve a lot in next few hours :) fingers crossed for you!
    Noooooooh ! What rotten luck :mad: Keep us posted.
    Runchick wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that DG is it wise to start? Nothing worse than realising after the start that it was a really bad idea :( I wish you all the best whatever you decide :)
    Thanks everybody, will do and yes runchick, I'll have a chat with my dad and the club captain. They can have the final say so. I know you've had your fair share of illness and race frustration! There will be other races....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Sh!t RHR of 70 is very high! Look after yourself anyway whatever about the race.

Sh!t RHR of 70 is very high! Look after yourself anyway whatever about the race.
    Ergh, maths is NOT my strong point, late 60s, early 70s...not hight 70s. I suppose that's still high enough but the sprogs had come into bed and jumped around a bit. Temperature normal. Had a chat with my dad, he reckons if I feel ok to run it but probably won't be 100% Will leave the decision to midday, might go out for a mile jog before committing.
    Thanks CM :)

Raheny 5 mile Debut (also 5 mile debut :) )....33:28 happy out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Fantastic time. Well done :D

:eek: Fanbloodytastic!!!! You legend!!! And sick on top of that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Well done again dubgal. Great time. Nice meeting you today.

• Advertisement

Whoop whoop. Fantastic stuff. What would you be like in the full of your health ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

great result :)

Here ya go! Great start to the table:D

Here ya go! Great start to the table:D
    Between head muzz, paracetamol, race fatigue and ok, second glass of red I can't figure out how to do it from my iPad (not app'd on it either)... Anyone want to help an old dinosaur out? :)

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Well done again dubgal. Great time. Nice meeting you today.
    And you thanks! funny, I thought it was you when I saw you. Congrats on your race too! It was pretty loud in there, sorry we didn't chat more. Next time :) Glad to have put a face to the name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done DG -cracking time especially considering you weren't feeling the best. Big Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Bloody brilliant DG, delighted for you :)

Between head muzz, paracetamol, race fatigue and ok, second glass of red I can't figure out how to do it from my iPad (not app'd on it either)... Anyone want to help an old dinosaur out? :)

Sorry can't help you out :o
    I'm sure some kind soul will though :)

Sorry can't help you out :o
    I'm sure some kind soul will though :)
    I'll get to my PC tomorrow, but thank you! Were you spectating today?

• Advertisement

I'll get to my PC tomorrow, but thank you! Were you spectating today?

no couldn't make. Nice that some of you got to meet up!
    hope you're enjoying the wine! Have a glass or two for me!

Advertisement