Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Just to note the CO2 on the GTI:

Manual - NEDC: 153g, WLTP: 168g
    DSG - NEDC: 140g, WLTP: 165g

I'll be interested in seeing pricing next year.

Are they right, isn't the current GTi dsg performance 144g and the manual 150.

Those rates above jump them both into the €570 tax bracket and would also mean a 4% Vrt hike on both.
    VW said if I order now they'll hold the price I pay. Hard to know what to do but if there right the manual is still the one to go for.

These are for the 245hp GTI Performance from the German site. Keep in mind they have the OPF engines so emissions may be slightly lower than ours without the petrol particle filter.

Keep in mind VW make changes on the sly, the CO2 on the 1 litre engine has changed twice in the last year.

My poor heart...

pmpWUwd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

The simultaneous heartbreak and anger with yourself when you curb an alloy is too great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

At least that looks pretty minor and you also have the bonus of it not being diamond cut finish!

(On the plus side... now you have an excuse to go wheel shopping and convert those to winters :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm thinking of going the Seville alloys think they might be easier keep than the diamond cut. There not on the options list here though..

volkswagen-golf-gti-alloy-wheels.jpg?itok=6mcdeCom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

You'll probably need to dig around on Google and see if you can find the option code for them. Try VW Italy or VW France... you might need to do a bit of google translating. Then if you do find the code, give it to the dealer and ask them to ask VW Irl to spec them.

Not sure they'd be easier keep though. Black wheels. Will show every little mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

I'm thinking of going the Seville alloys think they might be easier keep than the diamond cut. There not on the options list here though..

volkswagen-golf-gti-alloy-wheels.jpg?itok=6mcdeCom

Sevilla option code PJH 225/40/18 they are an €820 option on the GTI in France in lieu of 17 inch alloys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

kooga wrote: »
    Sevilla option code PJH 225/40/18 they are an €820 option on the GTI in France in lieu of 17 inch alloys

If the car comes with 18's already there might not be much cost to change.

Neilw wrote: »

If the car comes with 18's already there might not be much cost to change.

Probably won't be as cheap as getting Prets but hopefully won't be €800-900.

Going from 18" to 19" on the GTI and GTD is about €770, so if you're sticking with the same size, I can't imagine it being more than €400.

• Advertisement

They look fun to clean. :eek:

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Going from 18" to 19" on the GTI and GTD is about €770, so if you're sticking with the same size, I can't imagine it being more than €400.

19" Cadiz to 19" Prets on the R is only €130 or something... Whereas in the UK, the Prets cost around a grand, as the standard Cadiz are only 18's there!

JoeA3 wrote: »
    19" Cadiz to 19" Prets on the R is only €130 or something... Whereas in the UK, the Prets cost around a grand, as the standard Cadiz are only 18's there!

Yeah, the UK is getting shafted on that alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭easyvision

I have a 2015 Golf GTD, I know I need at least 2 new tyres but possibly 4 depending on wear since last service. Any advice on good tyres that will hopefully last a bit longer? Dont mind spend 'decent' money. Any recommendations??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

easyvision wrote: »
    I have a 2015 Golf GTD, I know I need at least 2 new tyres but possibly 4 depending on wear since last service. Any advice on good tyres that will hopefully last a bit longer? Dont mind spend 'decent' money. Any recommendations??

Depends what you are looking for but in general you normally have to compromise on longevity if you want the best grip.

At the minute Michelin PS4 are highly recommended, I haven't tried them but the reports are excellent. They would be one of the more expensive tyres to buy but you get what you pay for as the saying goes.

Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3, are very good too and should be a bit cheaper, great grip in wet and dry weather, and I managed to get 30k out of a set on the front of my old car.

Mid range - i can recommend Hankook Ventus Evo 2, found these as good as the Goodyears in almost every department except wet grip.

Kumho KU39 are not bad too either.

I've a 151 GTD myself and it came with new Toyo Proxes Sports, they are okay as well but i'd categorise them as mid range, i'll probably replace them with the Michelin's or Goodyears when the time comes, they seem to be wearing quite well in the 10k i've had the car.

Cheers thanks for the post! I may price different ones so! Thinking of going to advanced pitstop, or is there somewhere better/cheaper to quote and fit?

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Cheers thanks for the post! I may price different ones so! Thinking of going to advanced pitstop, or is there somewhere better/cheaper to quote and fit?
    While not a VW, I have a Focus-ST Diesel. Put the GY AS3 on and cant complain grip as mentioned in dry and wet are great, not as good as the PS4 but there is a price difference and very lil performance difference. I ended up finding them cheap and getting them sent to me, got them fitted elsewhere

Based in South Dublin, work north Dublin so fairly easy where to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Based in South Dublin, work north Dublin so fairly easy where to go!
    Discount tyres in blanch! They may still have a deal on vouchers for the Mitchlens

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Discount tyres in blanch! They may still have a deal on vouchers for the Mitchlens

I was going to recommend Discount Tyres too seen as the OP was based in Dublin.

I may look into them so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭noelf

Browsing in Easons recently .. I came across this..

Anyone know what colour this is..anyone any opinion on colours, have changed my mind about white, the iron blue looks grey...the atlantic blue looks like a citroen blue...

gti.jpg

That looks like Indium Grey, but without being able to enlarge the picture clearly it may also be the isaac blue in a weird lighting.

• Advertisement

I'd say its Isaac blue. I think I'd choose either that or Indium. The range of colours isn't that inspiring.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'd say its Isaac blue. I think I'd choose either that or Indium. The range of colours isn't that inspiring.

Yea it's pretty poor, my mk4 was diamond black pearl, current car is black and so is the mrs, wanted a change but i'm starting to drift back towards black, the blues and greys aren't really doing it for me..

Here's that blue one http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=283732.0

Yea it's pretty poor, my mk4 was diamond black pearl, current car is black and so is the mrs, wanted a change but i'm starting to drift back towards black, the blues and greys aren't really doing it for me..

Here's that blue one http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=283732.0

Yeah I think that blue is nice. It reminds me of Graphite Blue which I had on a MK5 GTI. It looked the nuts when it was clean on a sunny day and really complimented the red bits. It could look a bit drab when dirty though.

There's a guy on that forum with an Indium grey one who's super anal about it, looks fantastic in his photos... let me see if I can find it...

Here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=282934.msg2584048#msg2584048

I think those wheels really set it off too.

What ever way I go it'll be the Seville rims with the red stripe...think they'd look proper bad ass on the black pearl..

OSI wrote: »
    As high maintenance as the diamond cut wheels are, I can only image the red striped Sevilles will be even worse.

Feck it...

Capture-Gti.jpg

• Advertisement

ATeamvan_970-970x650.jpg

So got a price of EUR140 for the Michelin PS4s for each wheel off a garage. Thinking I should go ahead next week so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

Feck it...

Capture-Gti.jpg

did you get an irish price on them yet?

So got a price of EUR140 for the Michelin PS4s for each wheel off a garage. Thinking I should go ahead next week so?

Seems ok, did you try discount tyres? They were running a promotion where you could get up to €100 fuel vouchers with the purchase of 4 Michelin tyres.

did you get an irish price on them yet?

Haven't been back since just want to be 100% on the spec going in the next time. Doubt there much if anything more than the standard Milton Keynes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Haven't been back since just want to be 100% on the spec going in the next time. Doubt there much if anything more than the standard Milton Keynes..

I’ll bet that the dealer tries to tell you they’re unavailable in Ireland or some other such nonsense. Have you thought about good old fashioned silver? Can look great against black wheels and trim.

As an aside, I see the car linked in the grey has 19” alloys and a sunroof. I thought you couldn’t spec the two together due to some structural issues.
    Is this gone for mark 7.5?

To be fair I've found the dealers and VW Ireland very good in the past for adding spec that isn't officially available. So long as you do the legwork and find the correct option code...

Personally I think the standard GTI wheels are really terrible. Anything but those. I'd probably choose the Brescias personally.

The Brescias are 19' from what I've read your better off with the 18 unless you want to upgrade the suspension.

Discount tyres were 145 each but the guy didnt mention any fuel offer? If that was the case I might go for the 4 tyres, currently 2 need replacing would get another few months out of the other 2 back ones, less worn

Discount tyres were 145 each but the guy didnt mention any fuel offer? If that was the case I might go for the 4 tyres, currently 2 need replacing would get another few months out of the other 2 back ones, less worn

€140 a piece is pretty good, from a quick search online they are around €115 each but you are looking at €15 a corner to get them fitted and your old tyres disposed of, that's if you can find a place to fit them, so it's not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

carsfan2 wrote: »
    As an aside, I see the car linked in the grey has 19” alloys and a sunroof. I thought you couldn’t spec the two together due to some structural issues.

I’ve heard this before but never anything official ? My car has Santiagos with the sunroof from new. 13 reg.

Yeah I thought 140 a piece inc labour etc is decent looking at online prices alone just to buy! I asked Tyreland for a quote on them. Ill prob end up just going to Malahide tyres though as its less effort and the Michelin voucher offer ended they said in Discount tyres :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Have you thought about good old fashioned silver? Can look great against black wheels and trim.

I would agree on the silver wheels. Not really a fan of black wheels on most cars.

The sunroof and 19s problem I think was rumoured to be that the sunroof couldn't handle the firmer ride offered by the larger wheels, but I think it was actually that the combination of the two would have changed the CO2 output on the car. I may be talking out my ass but that rings a bell for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 douglaslad

VW 18" Sevilla Alloy Wheels Part Number
    5G0601025DR

douglaslad wrote: »
    VW 18" Sevilla Alloy Wheels Part Number
    5G0601025DR

For a factory order car you need the product code rather than the part number. It's usually a 3 character value, e.g. something like "PJ6".

Is there definitely no alarm as standard. Can't believe you could just walk up to one break in and drive off and it won't even give a beep.
    Will be getting the technology pack that seems to give some kind of notification via car net it's been broken into. I can find nothing about a standard alarm even an immobilizer.
    The car net doesn't seem to be free looks like you have to go get your own SIM contact to use it when you look down in the T's and C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Just my personal opinion but I think black wheels on black blend too much. There’s not enough of a contrast and the black wheels can appear as if they lack detail. They’re also harder to keep looking clean than let’s say an anthracite colour as brake dust shows easily.
    That’s a good price on the PS4’s though and I believe they’re a great tyre.

PJH was the code for the black Sevilla alloys once upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Alarm is not standard on the GTi, there is an immobiliser but all modern cars have them..

Hebegeebee wrote: »
    Just my personal opinion but I think black wheels on black blend too much. There’s not enough of a contrast and the black wheels can appear as if they lack detail. They’re also harder to keep

Yea found a picture of them on a black car, they don't suit it. The standard alloys look better.
    Can't believe there's no basic alarm, the last car I had that didn't have an alarm was a 205 GTi and that's a long long time ago.

• Advertisement

It's absolutely beyond me that you're spending over €40k on a car and you don't even get a basic alarm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement