Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

kodirl wrote: »
    Ah yes, I see the posts now. Also had the diff oil changed at 30,000 while I owned it. Pretty good value imo.

What's the spec on it? Any options above standard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Neilw wrote: »

From the pics, I can see it has the rare upgraded seats. Nice option. Other than that it looks pretty standard.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    From the pics, I can see it has the rare upgraded seats. Nice option. Other than that it looks pretty standard.

Half leathers, yes really nice seats and good value as an option when new.
    Can’t make out if it has dynaudio or dcc.

Half leathers, yes really nice seats and good value as an option when new.
    Can’t make out if it has dynaudio or dcc.

It has the mode button by the gearstick but that doesn’t mean it has dcc.
    Dynaudio... probably not. I guess Kodirl can confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Only options I got on it were the tech pack, self parking and alcantara seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would you consider a GTI, yours isn't the 15 S3 for sale? I'm still thinking I need that 3rd isofix.

Would you consider a GTI, yours isn't the 15 S3 for sale? I'm still thinking I need that 3rd isofix.

I'm considering a lot lately, I've been told by a friend I don't know what I want :D

The S3 I have is a 2008 8P.

Yea you seem a bit all over the shop...I don't think a luxobarge will do it for you...I definitely feel younger coming out of the 530 to the GTI...

Yea you seem a bit all over the shop...I don't think a luxobarge will do it for you...I definitely feel younger coming out of the 530 to the GTI...

I have a fun car too, a mk2 golf gti and also have a G wagen to plod about in.
    Never had a luxobarge so I thought it would be nice to give one a try for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Folks, what screenwash do you use for your GTI/GTD/R?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

OSI wrote: »
    I've always used the Halfords ready made berry one, smell of that stuff is like crack to me.

+1 for the berry. There's a nice sweetness to it. Stupid question, do you pour it in straight or nix with water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Anybody any dealings with TP Auto’s

Just off long mile road

Looking at buying this in there tommorow

132 gtd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Just off long mile road

Nope nope nope.

Nope nope nope.

?????

?????

Cars are the second biggest purchase Irish people make after their homes.

For homes, we have evaluators, solicitors and banks.

For cars, we have "shure they must be alright, Ripyezoff motors long mile, perfect!"

• Advertisement

Cars are the second biggest purchase Irish people make after their homes.

For homes, we have evaluators, solicitors and banks.

For cars, we have "shure they must be alright, Ripyezoff motors long mile, perfect!"

Wtf you smoking

Its got 12 months warranty and a good price

I'm sure those lads will be in business in the Bermuda Triangle somewhere in 12 months time, but I would be much less sure that they will be trading as the same company and honouring guarantees.

How long have they existed under the current name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wtf you smoking

There's 123k miles on it first of all, that's why it's cheap. If you put another 20k miles on it you will be married to it.

His slightly opaque response is eluding to the fact that dealers on the Long Mile Road are notorious for being short lived enterprises with the sole purpose of shifting dodgy stock that no one else will touch because they have no intention of honouring the warranty and will dissolve out of existence by the time any action gets close to touching them.

Thats all i needed to know , appreciate the heads up

His slightly opaque response is eluding to the fact that dealers on the Long Mile Road are notorious for being short lived enterprises with the sole purpose of shifting dodgy stock that no one else will touch because they have no intention of honouring the warranty and will dissolve out of existence by the time any action gets close to touching them.

Thats all i needed to know , appreciate the heads up

• Advertisement

All seem to have high mileage on donedeal and carzone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would expect a 13 to have at least 100,000-120,000km on the clock as that would be about 20,000km. I would expect people buying a diesel to have at least this mileage.

If you want lower mileage you may need to go newer. If you do find something with lower mileage make sure that the regular service has been done at timing intervals.

GTD residuals have tanked, largely due to the number of them coming in from the UK and retailing in small indie dealers like this. Most of the UK imports will have higher miles than average but that doesn't mean they're to be avoided, you could find a very good one among them.

Everything I hear about dealers in that vicinity though would put me off... buy one someplace else I would say.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    GTD residuals have tanked, largely due to the number of them coming in from the UK and retailing in small indie dealers like this. Most of the UK imports will have higher miles than average but that doesn't mean they're to be avoided, you could find a very good one among them.

Everything I hear about dealers in that vicinity though would put me off... buy one someplace else I would say.

Appreciate the mail

He has good reviews on facebook page

I just love that colour too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

TP Autos are in business 4 years, make of that what you will. I'm not promoting buying from them, but just because the business is bad, doesn't mean the car has to be.

High mileage on a GTD wouldn't worry me too much once it has a service history and it's priced accordingly. I'd just get a professional opinion on the car, check the service history, do a motorcheck on it and if you are happy to purchase it, then take for granted that it has no warranty.

Appreciate the mail

He has good reviews on facebook page

Paper never refused Ink. Get it checked out in another garage, GTi direct are near there they would know them inside out. Might be worth taking it in for the sake of €50 odd euro before you buy.

Paper never refused Ink. Get it checked out in another garage, GTi direct are near there they would know them inside out. Might be worth taking it in for the sake of €50 odd euro before you buy.

Would they let you do that ?

You'd have to ask, but you'd think any legitimate operator would have no issue, if the car has no secrets to hide.

Why not, if the cars correct they shouldn't mind.

Rang them

Apparently the car is his mates

Mate bought it off him and it will come with 12 months warranty for the price

If i want 6 months warranty take away 150 etc

His mate lives in cabra so meeting later just to have a look , if i like it ill get a mechanic i know to look it over aswel

• Advertisement

Ring mapfre and see will they warranty it for you and for how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭easyvision

Door hinge screw seems to be lose now making clicking noise on my golf. Any problems or should I just get it tightened. Drivers door. 2015 GTD

Ring mapfre and see will they warranty it for you and for how much?

Gonna wait till i see it and if i like it , then i’ll try haggle

Ive looked at his facebook reviews , 1 bad review but nothing to do with quality of car

Somebody else said hes doing business 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

Gonna wait till i see it and if i like it , then i’ll try haggle

Ive looked at his facebook reviews , 1 bad review but nothing to do with quality of car

Somebody else said hes doing business 4 years

Have a look a couple of pages back for the 'things to check' around the car. It was a list tailored to the GTI, but a lot of it was body work & general stuff that'd be a good guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

easyvision wrote: »
    Door hinge screw seems to be lose now making clicking noise on my golf. Any problems or should I just get it tightened. Drivers door. 2015 GTD

Probably the chech strap more so than the hinges clicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah just tighten them, same thing happened the Mrs Seat a few weeks ago and been grand since.

Drove the 132 gtd , fuaaack me it goes

Now what to do

Now what to do

Do a motorcheck history report!

Check that it has a service history. Did you talk money?

Do a motorcheck history report!

Check that it has a service history. Did you talk money?

Ad says it comes with comprehensive vw service history

Never got the reg to do car check

• Advertisement

Verify the service history with the garage who serviced it.

Absolutely get the reg and do a full history check, is it a uk car? If it is get a hpi check done.

Have it inspected by someone who knows what they are looking at both for mechanical issues and accident damage.

Now what to do

Up to GTi direct and call mapfre then get into price with them if it all checks out.

Well i'd make sure it's there.

It's definitely a UK car so i'd be making sure it's not clocked/ stolen/ ex write off/ finance owing across the water etc, when handing over that kind of money.

It's a good looking car and it's easy to get distracted by the new car and the enjoyment of the bit of poke in it etc. I'd be a kick in the teeth f you later find out it's clocked or Cat C/ D etc and it's all too regular an occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ChuckLarry

At the risk of sounding like a d*ck..

Your kind of missing the ‘checking’ part of carrying out checks

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Well i'd make sure it's there.

It's definitely a UK car so i'd be making sure it's not clocked/ stolen/ ex write off/ finance owing across the water etc, when handing over that kind of money.

It's a good looking car and it's easy to get distracted by the new car and the enjoyment of the bit of poke in it etc. I'd be a kick in the teeth f you later find out it's clocked or Cat C/ D etc and it's all too regular an occurrence.

Wholeheartedly agree with what TFB said and definitely get it to someone who knows what they’re looking at, not just any old mechanic.

It's very shiny, hard to tell from the pictures but I say it's 100% been painted on the front, rear and sides. Make sure someone who knows what there looking at checks that fully out.
    Paint isn't a bad thing as long as it's done right and painted for the right reasons.
    How many stone chips did you notice on the bonnet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭easyvision

tossy wrote: »
    Probably the chech strap more so than the hinges clicking.

got it sorted, tightened it up :)

It's very shiny, hard to tell from the pictures but I say it's 100% been painted on the front, rear and sides. Make sure someone who knows what there looking at checks that fully out.
    Paint isn't a bad thing as long as it's done right and painted for the right reasons.
    How many stone chips did you notice on the bonnet?

2 now that you mention it

Gonna sound like a dick , but ive only ever bought new so buying second hand is a first for me , i like the car alot , but not stupid to hand over cash without a full check

So can anybody point me in the right direction ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

So can anybody point me in the right direction ?

He just did.....:confused:

Got the registration number ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Got the registration number ;)

There’s damage on the back wing, there seems to be a slight variation in colour on the passenger doors, the wheels need a refurb and the front end seems remarkably fresh for the high mileage I don’t think you’re getting any great bargain there tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement