Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Ionised wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a Cupra in July my 172 dsg with acc will be traded then. Currently has 23k on it so probably 27 by then.

Sounds like a nice car , what are you replacing it with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

hooch-85 wrote:
    Sounds like a nice car , what are you replacing it with?

Mini Cooper SE. Decided to go full electric as an experiment

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

New boots delivered Goodyear F1 18s for 368 euro Nothing feels better than driving with new rubber

I got one set not three... ... Bloody phone sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Just thought you really really like rubber...

• Advertisement

I never understood why people don't go back and delete the extra posts when this happens? If it ever happened me I just delete them.

I never understood why people don't go back and delete the extra posts when this happens? If it ever happened me I just delete them.

I'm a long time poster on boards and it's not often I'd make a mistake like that so sorry if i took up your time.. Tried to delete the posts but wasn't able so if you could possibly spare some of your time in showing me how to delete them I'll happily do it just for you.

New boots delivered Goodyear F1 18s for 368 euro Nothing feels better than driving with new rubber

Ordered a pair myself of Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 this morning, not so cheap for the 19's. Still €133 each delivered is not too bad.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Ordered a pair myself of Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 this morning, not so cheap for the 19's. Still €133 each delivered is not too bad.

Got mine from oponeo.ie came from Belgium took 4 days with dpd
    https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-models/goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-5?gclid=CjwKCAiA1L_xBRA2EiwAgcLKA_Ag5Lu0pGrU66N5UhvP1ECwQGjjge0vBpGAYSmrZkQzUZnxZaEbcBoCzNQQAvD_BwE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I'm a long time poster on boards and it's not often I'd make a mistake like that so sorry if i took up your time.. Tried to delete the posts but wasn't able so if you could possibly spare some of your time in showing me how to delete them I'll happily do it just for you.

Edit -> Delete -> Delete Message -> Delete this Message

• Advertisement

You should have tried tyreleader.ie. Cheaper again, especially seen as you bought 3 sets:D

You should have tried tyreleader.ie. Cheaper again, especially seen as you bought 3 sets:D

Ha Ha!!!!! Deserved that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Ok apologies for the stupid question but if you do buy your tyres online, will a garage put them on for you no hassle if you rock up to the door with them in the boot?

Ok apologies for the stupid question but if you do buy your tyres online, will a garage put them on for you no hassle if you rock up to the door with them in the boot?

Certain places will, but be prepared to pay €10-15 a corner to have them fitted. and some will ask you to dispose of your old ones yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Appearantly, new Seat Leon will be revealed today. There are already some leaked pictures and I already prefer it over mk8 golf.
    I wonder if they will reveal Leon Cupra, thought rumors are it's going to be 245hp hybrid now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Have them on my Focus ST. 19" and by far the better tyre over the Michelin PS4/s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

A lot of the places I called in West Dublin were asking €25 per tyre. See how it compares to their prices if they can get the tyre.

Most places I called it ended up being cheaper to buy from them, go figure. There wasn't much variation in prices either. Discount Tyre in Blanch were €5/tyre cheaper than others but I went simply for their good reputation.

Also ask if anyone has any cashback offers, I got €20 back from Michelin for buying from an authorised retailer. Would have got more if they were 18/19" and even more if it was all 4. Not sure if that would apply if you bought online.

Appearantly, new Seat Leon will be revealed today. There are already some leaked pictures and I already prefer it over mk8 golf.
    I wonder if they will reveal Leon Cupra, thought rumors are it's going to be 245hp hybrid now.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/2020-seat-leon-leaked-before-tomorrows-unveiling.458654/

Unveiling at 7pm apparently.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-seat-leon-launches-major-tech-gains-and-hybrid-power

I personally think it looks great, specially estate. Like interior too. Interesting to see Cupra version now.

Edit: So new Cupra will be available as Hybrid or proper full petrol. Me likey!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-seat-leon-launches-major-tech-gains-and-hybrid-power

I personally think it looks great, specially estate. Like interior too. Interesting to see Cupra version now.

Edit: So new Cupra will be available as Hybrid or proper full petrol. Me likey!

Not a fan of the exhaust shape or that little door thing above the front wheel arch - maybe that’s just on the hybrid version though? Apart from that it looks good. Hopefully the Cupra is a bit more aggressive looking.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think I like it! Very like the Focus and I’m not sure if I like that new font which they’re rolling out across the Seat range. Looking forward to seeing the Cupra too before I make a decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah I think I like it! Very like the Focus and I’m not sure if I like that new font which they’re rolling out across the Seat range. Looking forward to seeing the Cupra too before I make a decision!

Agreed, very Focus in the shape. Not a fan, but the estate looks a bit better.

Prefer the current model. Even after watching videos of the new Golf I'm not a huge fan. Don't like the screen sticking out of the dash. Takes away from the clean lines.

Those pictures have a spoiler and that front bumper is fairly aggressive, I'd say that's the FR model? So likely Cupra will be similar but with vents below the fog lights? Then again, the current FR looks well with the 18" wheels, a nice set of wheels would improve the look.

Fake exhaust does look really meh. Hopefully new Cupra won't have that kind of stuff.
    All around it's a beautiful car. I love it. Ofc this being Ireland, we will be waiting for 2021 for it.
    With new model so close, I hope current model Cupra second hand market will take a bit a hit in price.

Good price on this Cupra, they seem to depreciate a lot heavier than their VW or Audi stablemates

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2465990&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D78%26o%5B%5D%3D673%26f%3D1%26nn%3D12%26yn%3D2014%26g%3D0
    Casati wrote: »
    I think it’s expensive - with discounts available two years ago that could have been bought for less than 35k. The price jumped a lot last year with changes to the VRT really hurting this model.

Nice car all the same but not worth 30k

A 192 demo here asking €36k ......
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/seat/leon/fpa/201907190239909
    "2019 (192) SEAT Leon
    **DEMO SALE**CUPRA 290 5DR 2.0TSI DSG **2.9% PCP AVAILABLE ON THIS CAR** TINY MILEAGE**MASSIVE SPEC**"

Augeo wrote: »
    A 192 demo here asking €36k ......
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/seat/leon/fpa/201907190239909
    "2019 (192) SEAT Leon
    **DEMO SALE**CUPRA 290 5DR 2.0TSI DSG **2.9% PCP AVAILABLE ON THIS CAR** TINY MILEAGE**MASSIVE SPEC**"

The 2.9% on those really makes a difference. You'd be better off ordering a new one which has 0%. A new one was coming in cheaper for me. I was getting a good deal though from my dealer where I got my FR. Did anyone see a release date for the new Leon here? Did I see May mentioned somewhere?

The 2.9% on those really makes a difference. You'd be better off ordering a new one which has 0%. A new one was coming in cheaper for me. I was getting a good deal though from my dealer where I got my FR. Did anyone see a release date for the new Leon here? Did I see May mentioned somewhere?

Yeah, it'd be about €2k in interest.

The 192 for €36k makes the 191 for €30k look a tad expensive IMO.

Would you get a new one? There is a 6 month factory delay, i.e. new cars delivered now were ordered last July or so. Also with the new Mk4 they will stop making the Mk3.

Would you get a new one? There is a 6 month factory delay, i.e. new cars delivered now were ordered last July or so. Also with the new Mk4 they will stop making the Mk3.

I don't think that delay is there anymore but I could be wrong? They were saying 12 weeks to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

Good news for anyone looking to get diamond cut alloy repair done in the west. Frank Byrnes in Oranmore have gotten in a diamond cut alloy machine. They're generally speaking a very good shop, with high quality work.

https://www.facebook.com/frankbyrnesautobodyrepairs/videos/224271218596378/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This appears to be a decent R32 here for sale

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9551fe1a421d8e49a032c35af40658e82.jpg

https://www.deerparkmotorsmm.com/car-details/2484924/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

theintern wrote: »
    Good news for anyone looking to get diamond cut alloy repair done in the west. Frank Byrnes in Oranmore have gotten in a diamond cut alloy machine. They're generally speaking a very good shop, with high quality work.

That's great news for me as I live in Galway. Both of my front 19" Brescias have a couple of scuffs on them that I want to get repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

everlast75 wrote: »

Did Deane Motors not have that up for €10k last week?

Did Deane Motors not have that up for €10k last week?

Definitely the same car, can't remember the asking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I don't know if you have ever met Frank personally but he is a perfectionist to a fault. A good lad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah, Frank is a gent and runs a very good operation there. I've had the misfortune to need his services a couple of times and the service and work done has always been top class.

Handy that there's finally someone local (and reputable) that can do diamond cut repairs. Sending wheels off to the other side of the country is a PITA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

Guys whats the Nox value on a 17 reg Golf R Mk 7.5 310PS ? From what i see its 14 and the cost is €70.00 if importing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Great thread folks very helpful.
    I'm on the lookout for a petrol car that is 2015 or younger and was thinking the VW Golf, Seat Leon, Ford Focus or Skoda Octavia. Like the sport models of cars so find some of the suggestions in this thread good although a few quite pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Killinator

everlast75 wrote: »

Makes me miss my one but it's not worth 13k. Even with wingbacks.

Sorry, it might be WORTH 13k but it's not gonna get it. The tax is just too inhibitive.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1223612736946556928

This GTD driver will be getting a holiday from driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1223612736946556928

This GTD driver will be getting a holiday from driving.

Good job he wasn’t driving an R!

• Advertisement

They wouldn't have caught him if he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

GTD for sale. One careful owner.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    GTD for sale. One careful owner.

"Nevr raced r rallied"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They wouldn't have caught him if he was.

Cannot outrun a radio and road block though.

bazz26 wrote: »

Very true, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment. No way would I advocate trying to out run the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I gotcha hooch. An R definitely would outrun most of stuff they have doing speed checks that would be chasing them alright.

Especially since the guards crashed their silver R..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to brush up on your GTA skills..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Especially since the guards crashed their silver R..

That's back on the road. So are the 2 Focus ST

Was on the M18 recently lateish at night and was just being cautious myself luckily as I passed an on ramp I could see dim lights sitting there and know straight away that it would be a speed check. One car shot past me followed by another soon after, a little break and another really tearing it - this was the squad car (no lights or sirens). They caught up to a pulled the second slower car, so the faster car got away with it, poxed with luck!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement