Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

New Cupra is being revealed on the 20th before Geneva. Hopefully looking a bit better than the R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Quazzie wrote: »

I'm giving Comhra the benfit of the doubt that he embedded the photos of the Mk 7.5 R so that people could readily compare it to the "Mk 8 R" in the link or else he was taking the p1ss and indicating that the two models look pretty similar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'm giving Comhra the benfit of the doubt that he embedded the photos of the Mk 7.5 R so that people could readily compare it to the "Mk 8 R" in the link or else he was taking the p1ss and indicating that the two models look pretty similar :D

I have to put up my hand and confess I inadvertently posted the MK 7.5 photos by mistake. Both cars photos were depicted on the https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-seen-without-disguise?fbclid=IwAR2fLFLLSDAEYaFjLKi1mivFRUnwKyzMjpT-5vXJk6jszyFgeaEczoaR9Kk and in my haste I never spotted that I had posted the older model's pics. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

I think you'd want your head looked at if you're willing to spend over €61k on a T-Roc, even if it is the R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You can be sure it'll sell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Do they have the same mix of Polo-Golf interior build quality or is it any better? Mental money. Looks savage in blue though. I'd lean towards an Ateca for €52k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You can be sure it'll sell though.

Really? To who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Do they have the same mix of Polo-Golf interior build quality or is it any better? Mental money. Looks savage in blue though. I'd lean towards an Ateca for €52k.

From what I learned before, interior quality of T-roc is worse then Golf. I would just save myself 10k and Get Ateca Cupra. Better looking too and I bet better spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Really? To who?

People who want a quick T-Roc and have a few Bob.

Sure it's niche but it's a fairly good looking, performance VAG product in on sale in south Dublin, no doubt it'll find a home. It's hard to keep GTI's and R's in stock, this is really the only other performance offering from VW aside from the Polo GTi.

60k is a fair bit though, that's true and the interior in the regular T-Roc isn't amazing, so I'd hope for a little better in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

You'd need your head tested to drop 60k on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

hooch-85 wrote: »

Was that the €78k A35 AMG?

If the A35 is that price, what price is the A45 S....€90k or more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Neilw wrote: »

Here's the correct link... https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-a-class-a35-amg-4matic-premium/24199840

The A35 is 63k list on the current price list so lord knows what's in that one.

Neilw wrote: »

That was it, I don't know why the link went, it was working last night.

But yeah the A45 S must be nearly 6 figures with a few boxes ticked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I think you'd want your head looked at if you're willing to spend over €61k on a T-Roc, even if it is the R.

But "this car is a perfect choice for those looking to make heads roll" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's similarly priced to the Ateca Cupra which is a bit bigger. Personally I cannot see the purpose of these cars other than ticking a box because crossovers are popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's similarly priced to the Ateca Cupra which is a bit bigger. Personally I cannot see the purpose of these cars other than ticking a box because crossovers are popular.

I don't like them myself & would never spend anything like that kind of money on a t roc, but they're putting an engine & drivetrain that they already build in a platform they already build, the development costs wouldn't be that high as most of it is already sunk. Lots of this is about keeping market share rather than actually profiting from sales, they'll do a low powered look-alike & flog the hell out of that.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    That was it, I don't know why the link went, it was working last night.

But yeah the A45 S must be nearly 6 figures with a few boxes ticked.

It will be fairly similar to the RS3 I'd imagine which you could spec up to around 93k if I recall correctly from one time I was bored on the configurator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Here's the correct link... https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-a-class-a35-amg-4matic-premium/24199840

The A35 is 63k list on the current price list so lord knows what's in that one.
    78k and they couldn’t even give it a Hoover.

I'll never cease to be amazed at the shocking quality of photos that dealers use in their ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I'll never cease to be amazed at the shocking quality of photos that dealers use in their ads.

Main merc dealer and they are driving cars out to the Curragh plains to take pics. All they are missing is the reversing into water shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

tossy wrote: »
    Main merc dealer and they are driving cars out to the Curragh plains to take pics. All they are missing is the reversing into water shot.

I was thinking the same. I thought parking the car in a field was the preserve of the Felt-spec brigade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭easyvision

Finally found the car I want!! 2017 GTD black auto MK7.5, should be getting it next week! nabbed it before pictures even went up online. was up a few hours only! Goodbye manual finally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cute

0c954cbdb833c294cf3d3201468b7d4305e6015c16bca11e15c2fa814d0c3b49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

easyvision wrote: »
    Finally found the car I want!! 2017 GTD black auto MK7.5, should be getting it next week! nabbed it before pictures even went up online. was up a few hours only! Goodbye manual finally!

Great news especially for the day that’s in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Great news especially for the day that’s in it!

That reminds me... Happy Valentine's Day to my own GTI that I picked up on this very day last year!

xxx :pac:

You need to get laid lads 😂

You need to get laid lads ��

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

You need to get laid lads ��

I did in my gti haha

• Advertisement

I did in my gti haha

I suppose 5 door has one benefit :pac::D

Some real charmers in here, wouldn't even splash out for a hotel room...

Or an estate R :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Are you mad, sure the price is a hotel would go towards the price of a good set of tyres!

Are you mad, sure the price is a hotel would go towards the price of a good set of tyres!

Investing in rubber is a good idea either way. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

No wonder the up gti was discontinued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Back in the day if you couldn't fit them in a 205 they walked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Back in the day if you couldn't fit them in a 205 they walked..

What size of a bird were you riding back in the day??

What size of a bird were you riding back in the day??

My guess Emu or Ostrich class birds. Respect!

The new Cupra has been announced with no less than 4 different versions. Really like those 5-spoke alloys.

https://www.evo.co.uk/seat/leon-cupra/22765/new-2020-cupra-leon-revealed-cupra-hits-back-with-hot-hatch-and-estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There was 1 Troc R registered this year anyway, who knows. Could be a demo

The new Cupra has been announced with no less than 4 different versions. Really like those 5-spoke alloys.

https://www.evo.co.uk/seat/leon-cupra/22765/new-2020-cupra-leon-revealed-cupra-hits-back-with-hot-hatch-and-estate
    I love it, but I am afraid of price tag on this.
    And I really love that they decided to offer different power outputs. I'll be honest, 242 petrol only variant just perfect for me.

Would love to get in to Current model Cupra, and 3 years later I'll be able to pick up 1-2 year old one new model.
    Its a shame **** all for sale.

I love it, but I am afraid of price tag on this.
    And I really love that they decided to offer different power outputs. I'll be honest, 242 petrol only variant just perfect for me.

Would love to get in to Current model Cupra, and 3 years later I'll be able to pick up 1-2 year old one new model.

I also like the sound of the petrol only 242hp version. Hopefully they won’t cost an absolute fortune.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That’s what I’m hoping to do also when my current pcp is up, move to that 306bhp ST 4drive model. I’m curious if feels much different to the current FWD ST. Shame they dropped the flag badges but it’s still gorgeous looking I think.

Picked up the auto GTD today. Wow sooooo much handier to drive and feels faster, goes thru the gears lightning fast. Love it so far ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Pics please

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Pics please

Before I picked up. Was clean upon collection but again dirty driving today! Joys

Rare to see the GTD on upgraded wheels and not in white. Very nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Super looking car. Well wear

• Advertisement

Apparently it was a demo sold originally by them in 2017. VW Michael Moore. Apparently people were still calling the next day after the ad was taken down. I saw it go up an evening and put a deposit next morning. Been waiting about 6 months for the spec from a VW garage so couldn’t let it pass! Still a novelty to drive an auto, love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement