Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

1185186187188189191»

Comments

theintern wrote: »
    I've always wondered where the line is. If my brakes fail and instead of replacing with the OEM, I decide to replace with something bigger and upgraded, is that a 'mod'?

Yes, that's a mod.
    Bigger pads need bigger calipers.
    theintern wrote: »
    What about springs? .........

If the ride height is altered it's a mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Uberrima is a Latin phrase meaning "utmost good faith" (literally, "most abundant faith"). It is the name of a legal doctrine which governs insurance contracts. I remember this from basic Contract law.

Every person who enters into a contract with an insurance company has a legal obligation to be honest and accurate in the information given.

The insurance company can deny coverage if they can prove that.

Again, I get that its unlikely that they'll check, but it's also unlikely that you'll win the lotto, but a lot of people play on the chance that they might.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Talking about remaps...

Check Engine light came on my Mk7 GTD last week. Plugged it in and 4 faults came up all to do with the EGR. Was able to clear 3 of the faults, but not the 4th. Mechanic mentioned if I got it remapped it should sort it out. Anyone have any opinions?

Car is still driving perfect and “EGR Sensor B Circuit” is the fault that is still appearing on the car when plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

everlast75 wrote: »
    Uberrima is a Latin phrase meaning "utmost good faith" (literally, "most abundant faith"). It is the name of a legal doctrine which governs insurance contracts. I remember this from basic Contract law.

Every person who enters into a contract with an insurance company has a legal obligation to be honest and accurate in the information given.

The insurance company can deny coverage if they can prove that.

Again, I get that its unlikely that they'll check, but it's also unlikely that you'll win the lotto, but a lot of people play on the chance that they might.

Everlast, you’ve lost your faith (fides) based on that post so it just not be everlasting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Seems like an ok price for a 6 month old considering how expensive they are this year. New model out 2021, might be far enough away for people to not care about getting the 'old' one?

Mad to think a new 1.5 Mk8 Golf Style with alloys and paint is €37k delivered and there's a fairly fresh Cupra that could possibly be haggled down to €38-38,5.

I don't normally like black cars but it looks good on the Cupra in person.

I wonder how long this one will stick around for given the employment situation as they usually move them quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Mad to think that a base spec Cupra was 36k in 2016 and that won't even get you a specced up 1.5 Golf now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I bought a 192 demo for quite a bit less than that one in December, better spec as mine has a glass roof and that doesn't appear to.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nice Leon Cupra here, not sure how well priced it is though:..........
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    Seems like an ok price for a 6 month old considering how expensive they are this year. ..............

20% ish off RRP for a new one?
    Seems ok to be fair although the RRP is eyewatering for one of them IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say with production of the existing Cupra now finished and the new model not available yet I'd say the asking price maybe reflecting the notion that if you want an existing one now then this is what it will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rob1994

Does anyone know someone who can code the sound actuator off to stop the engine noise being pumped into the cabin? Not sure I am a fan of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Rob1994 wrote: »
    Does anyone know someone who can code the sound actuator off to stop the engine noise being pumped into the cabin? Not sure I am a fan of it

The OBDeleven dongle is around €60 I believe which allows you to change many things using the app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rob1994

DaveyDave wrote: »
    The OBDeleven dongle is around €60 I believe which allows you to change many things using the app on your phone.

I think I'm going to buy one, I heard a good few people rave about Carly so I bought one hoping it would be able to do it but unfortunately it can't... Otherwise it's a brilliant little tool

You can just disconnect it very easily. No need for coding, it’s under the bonnet in the middle near the windscreen. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how it’s done.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭theintern

I'm sure someone on the forum with an ODB Eleven could help you out, depending on where you are in the country. Socially distanced of course.

• Advertisement

You can just disconnect it very easily. No need for coding, it’s under the bonnet in the middle near the windscreen. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing how it’s done.

Here it is - no need for any coding, and can be reconnected easily. Doesn't throw up any warning lights etc, and is in the same location on the 7.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

My mk7 GTD. Kinda thinking about selling it over the next few weeks, anyone have an idea how much I should be asking for it?
    - 142 reg
    - 115k kms (increasing daily)
    - fully serviced about 3k kms ago
    - timing belt & wp replaced about 10k kms ago
    - full service history (have to check over it to confirm numbers above)
    - full leather
    - NCT until December
    - grey in colour

EGR fault coming up on the dash at the moment, will get that sorted this week before I advertise it

5KxTyQ5.jpg

ubeC8IV.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

For anyone looking at a Golf R and wants to know about Mileage, I just completed 1750km trip yesterday and averaged 6.9L per 100km so can give you an idea what it can do if you are careful. It would have been 6.7-6.8 but I took a short trip up to 280km/h when I was on the autobahn and during that it hit 40L per 100.
    I usually have it around 10-12 when I'm driving more spiritedly but I was just wanting to get home with the least stops possible as was driving from Ireland to Germany so drove with cruise control on the whole time.
    It has a Revo tune on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

Anyone who has DCC how much of a difference does it make?
    I do a lot of driving on single carriage back roads and would it be worth holding out for this option?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Max Q

Lleyn elec wrote: »
    Anyone who has DCC how much of a difference does it make?
    I do a lot of driving on single carriage back roads and would it be worth holding out for this option?

I have it on a Golf R, and it's one of the options I'm really glad I spec'd. There's a noticeable difference between all the suspension modes, as well as the more obvious steering weight changes and exhaust note changes if you set all the valves to be open. I have the car over 2 years now and I still play around with the modes depending on what sort of driving I'm doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here it is - no need for any coding, and can be reconnected easily. Doesn't throw up any warning lights etc, and is in the same location on the 7.5.

Just did it took 2 minutes, you don't even need a long nose plyers those clips will come out easily with your hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Sold my R last week and missing it already, such a great all rounder. Not really sure what to replace it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-gti/25071596

YWNjZjE0ZjQ1MjgyNmZkNGI0MTMwYjk2YmIwNzljZDUniKGSKKwFwzRlJNrRa6pCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDg5MTE4OTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

M2E5YjM2MzE0YTJlYzg5OWQxZjE0NzA0MTYyZjUyNjTKlMQf4M0RVKtxTXCDE0lgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDg4Nzk3NjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking leather in this Mk7 GTI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

That's nice. It's aftermarket leather though as it doesn't have the winter pack included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wouldn't be a fan myself, i'd prefer the tartan seats to be honest.

Have a load of posts been deleted or is boards acting the maggot as usual? This thread looked to have had over 10k posts half an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nope, no recent removal of posts.

That said, we are close to 10K.
    Can someone please start a new thread and link to this one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement