Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking nr Copley St?

Options
  • 17-11-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've to go into town tomorrow to get my new driving licence. The centre is on Cotter St, off Copley St, so I figure park in the City Hall car park, but I've never been in there before, and wonder whether it's likely to be jammers at 10 in the morning, or is there a better place to park nearby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is on street pay parking on Copley street. At that time you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The multi-storey behind the fire station is grand. You might have to go up a few floors, though. Personally I wouldn't bother trying to park anywhere else around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

gimmick wrote: »
    There is on street pay parking on Copley street. At that time you should be fine.

Do you mean disk parking, or is it pay 'n' display?
    jimgoose wrote: »
    The multi-storey behind the fire station is grand. You might have to go up a few floors, though. Personally I wouldn't bother trying to park anywhere else around there.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The whole area looks to be a mess of one way streets, so not the ideal place to be trying to find parking when I'm not familiar with it. Also, and I have no basis for thinking this, but if I miss my appt time, I'll be flogged by the DLS people, so I think just go somewhere easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Depending on which direction you are coming from i'd use pretty much any of the city centre car parks. I parked in pauls quay to get there and it was a nice stroll to the licence centre. Weather permitting:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Coming from the tunnel, so City Hall is handy enough, in on the South Link.

And it'll probably be raining :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement