Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Julien Blanc gets destroyed in CNN interview

• 17-11-2014 5:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Lmao @ this loser, suddenly when he's questioned for his actions on TV he does a 180 and tries to play it all off as a silly joke. You can see how nervous and insecure he is because he's not his behind a computer screen anymore, probably just realising he and his business is now going to sh!t. The interview is like a school principal chastising a student lol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Token AH 1st post that didn't watch the full video here, just checking in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

A nobody interviewed by a US news station.

Why should we care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Im blank on this guy, who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

One at a time ladies. He's still single.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Im blank on this guy, who is he?

A wannabe pick up artist 'teacher', basically takes money from insecure and low self esteem men in return for teaching them to choke and shove women's heads into their crotches in public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Bad scenes when young fellas need to learn from spazzers like this on how to be attractive to the laydeez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

A wannabe pick up artist 'teacher', basically takes money from insecure and low self esteem men in return for teaching them to choke and shove women's heads into their crotches in public

He needs to learn the gowly technique. Offer them tea at 3 in the morning. No girl will ever turn down tea at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Absolutely horrid little man, total ****ing weasle in the interview. The whole PUA thing is a ****ing scam too, you can bet these kinds of asshats are laughing all the way to the bank. You read some of the marketing guff his 'seminars' have? "Develop panty-dropping masculinity with this rock-solid structure to self-generate the powerful emotions girls crave”? Scientology would be in awe of that kind of bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

He needs to learn the gowly technique. Offer them tea at 3 in the morning. No girl will ever turn down tea at that time.
    "OH do ye wanna come up to mine and have a cuppa"
    -"How did you get into my house, what time is it?"
    "Its 3 am... fancy a cuppa?"
    Works every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Links234 wrote: »
    Absolutely horrid little man, total ****ing weasle in the interview. The whole PUA thing is a ****ing scam too, you can bet these kinds of asshats are laughing all the way to the bank. You read some of the marketing guff his 'seminars' have? "Develop panty-dropping masculinity with this rock-solid structure to self-generate the powerful emotions girls crave”? Scientology would be in awe of that kind of bull****.
    It is quite cultish. If you've ever seen the film Magnolia: scientology enthusiast one Thomas Cruise plays (very convincingly) the role of an extremely sinister PUA "guru" ("Respect the cock, tame the c*nt!") :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ah here, is there a link to this thread from that /r/TheRedPill cesspit already?
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    One at a time ladies. He's still single.

I wonder why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It is quite cultish. If you've ever seen the film Magnolia: scientology enthusiast one Thomas Cruise plays (very convincingly) the role of an extremely sinister PUA "guru" ("Respect the cock, tame the c*nt!") :eek:

Cruise doesn't write the script, he just says the lines. If he does it well then now you know why he's so highly paid

What has scientology got to do with a film?

'Pick-up Artist' :confused:

Makes me throw up in my mouth. Id say he'd do well , to pick up a cold, never mind a woman.

Piss Artist :cool:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Cruise doesn't write the script, he just says the lines. If he does it well then now you know why he's so highly paid

What has scientology got to do with a film?

Both Scientology and PUA acolytes tend to be slavishly accepting, and both ideologies tend towards the evangelically cultish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah here, is there a link to this thread from that /r/TheRedPill cesspit already?

What makes you say that?

Cormac... wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

Instant re-regs/repetitive bullsh1t/usual cobblers.

All quickly deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Hmmm...

Sky News putting relevant questions to Geldof - good journalism.

CNN putting relevant questions to Blanc - good journalism.

I'm a bit confused, but liking it.

Edit note: They are starting to come around. Rejoice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Jake1 wrote: »
    'Pick-up Artist' :confused:

Makes me throw up in my mouth. Id say he'd do well , to pick up a cold, never mind a woman.

Piss Artist :cool:

And yet does he not all the time?

Damn pesky reality, not living to up preconcieved notions!
    RSD are much more of self-help company and damn good one at that.
    There's a lot of hucksters in the world regarding everything (i've been there), but these guys offer an outlet, vast majority of their stuff is free (90% at least) and it's only the very hardcases that opt to pay them anything.

Honest, decent guy from the guy who runs it (if you've ever been through any deep bull**** all it, you'll relate)

This next one came out a month a go and is almost prophetic in how the media run with one running narrative that they fit the facts to as opposed to the other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Adamantium wrote: »
    And yet does he not all the time?

Damn pesky reality, not living to up preconcieved notions!
    RSD are much more of self-help company and damn good one at that.
    There's a lot of hucksters in the world regarding everything (i've been there), but these guys offer an outlet, vast majority of their stuff is free (90% at least) and it's only the very hardcases that opt to pay them anything.

Honest, decent guy from the guy who runs it:

Not working, my friend - any other links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A sad state of affairs that the Playstation generation now has to resort to paying arseholes like that guy to teach them how to approach women since they don't have the social skills. Lads put down the Playstation/X Box and get out of the house,just talk to women.:)

• Advertisement

A sad state of affairs that the Playstation generation now has to resort to paying arseholes like that guy to teach them how to approach women since they don't have the social skills. Lads put down the Playstation/X Box and get out of the house,just talk to women.:)

Lol is that how you actually think? You realise that video games are just a hobby and pastime like movies, television, books etc. right? I see where you're coming from but to blame video games instead of the entire technology age is laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Lol is that how you actually think? You realise that video games are just a hobby and pastime like movies, television, books etc. right? I see where you're coming from but to blame video games instead of the entire technology age is laughable

So what level are you on then?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I think its disgusting how he has taken the Power and Control wheel, a tool used a lot in the support and prevention of domestic violence and rape, and twisted it to suit his own warped agenda. He must have had either a really fcuked up relationship with his mother or some woman did a number on him, his lack of respect towards women is horrible. He's a good looking guy, obviously has a bit of money so he can use that to his advantage, you'd wonder if he wasn't so successful what kind of things he would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think its disgusting how he has taken the Power and Control wheel, a tool used a lot in the support and prevention of domestic violence and rape, and twisted it to suit his own warped agenda. He must have had either a really fcuked up relationship with his mother or some woman did a number on him, his lack of respect towards women is horrible. He's a good looking guy, obviously has a bit of money so he can use that to his advantage, you'd wonder if he wasn't so successful what kind of things he would do.

When you consider he shoved women's faces into his crotch, I really don't want to stare into that abyss.

So what level are you on then?:D

Great rebuttal there, you sure showed me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what was he thinking going on national TV? he sounds nervous as fcuk from the off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Yarf Yarf

Has he tried these techniques in the US? Cos that seems like the kind of place where he could find himself with a gun or a knife in his face if he pulled this **** on the wrong woman. I honestly can't quite believe he has never been in a sticky situation due to this behavior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

heres a suggestion then, try "better" themselves or go for low self esteem women... What an idiot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Some of these PUA guys are ridiculous but it's interesting that the tone directed towards the 'whole PUA thing' when for years you see women's magazines with headlines on the cover 'dress to get the guy you deserve', 'how to lose weight to get that guy', 'how to flirt with your office crush' etc etc and you don't hear any vitriol directed towards their readers of those magazines.

If it was the other way around with women getting this sort of abuse there'd be shouts of sexism with internet campaigns and viral videos.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Some of these PUA guys are ridiculous but it's interesting that the tone directed towards the 'whole PUA thing' when for years you see women's magazines with headlines on the cover 'dress to get the guy you deserve', 'how to lose weight to get that guy', 'how to flirt with your office crush' etc etc and you don't hear any vitriol directed towards their readers of those magazines.

If it was the other way around with women getting this sort of abuse there'd be shouts of sexism with internet campaigns and viral videos.

I love the escapism of a glossy fashion or interiors magazine, and I'm being absolutely honest when I say I've never seen cover lines like those. They're more likely to be 'Drop a Dress Size by Xmas' or 'Are Office Flirtations Worth it?'. Maybe teen mags are different, I don't know.

What I do know is that I've never read anything even remotely approaching advocating assaulting men on the street by forcing their heads on your crotch, or step by step guides to insulting them just enough to damage their self esteem and make them more easily manipulated into sex, or how to persuade them to have sex with you, even if they make it clear they aren't attracted to you.

I guess our perceptions of what constitutes a social skill or self betterment are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If someone with a handful of posts replies to this thread, don't engage.
    The likelihood is that your posts will get deleted along with his (so you'll be wasting your energy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

I think people are over reacting to this. Yes, it's completely wrong to choke women, yes, it's completely wrong to shove their heads to your crotch.

He clearly gained a large ego and sense of power from the money and reputation he was getting from teaching his seminars, and being a "great PUA", etc.

However, tarnishing all men who aspire to be able to pick up women, men who want a bit more confidence with women, etc, is also wrong.

I can say genuinely that I would not be in the (meaningful) relationship that I'm in now, had I not seen and tried out a bit of pick up. It gave me a happier life in general

If this had been someone offering guys advice on how to dress to attract a girl, or how to flirt etc there'd be absolutely nothing to worry about. But this is a guy who telling guys that asian women are easy, to just go out and just grab them by the head and shove their faces into your crotch yelling "pikachu!"

there was a video of him, sadly it's been taken down from youtube, that not only showed him doing this, but TELLING people at one of his seminars this is what they should do. it also showed him grabbing a poor girl working at a 711 by the head, he's leaning over the counter, holding her by the head and kissing her saying in a kinda mocking way "beautiful beautiful" and she's absolutely terrified. This is a dude telling guys "hey, just go sexually assault women lol!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I think people are over reacting to this. Yes, it's completely wrong to choke women, yes, it's completely wrong to shove their heads to your crotch.

He clearly gained a large ego and sense of power from the money and reputation he was getting from teaching his seminars, and being a "great PUA", etc.

However, tarnishing all men who aspire to be able to pick up women, men who want a bit more confidence with women, etc, is also wrong.

I can say genuinely that I would not be in the (meaningful) relationship that I'm in now, had I not seen and tried out a bit of pick up. It shaped me to be a better person

A bit of pick up made you a better person?

Birneybau wrote: »
    A bit of pick up made you a better person?

Maybe I should rephrase it, it gave me a better quality of life. I'm more confident, friendly and generally more happy.

• Advertisement

When you consider he shoved women's faces into his crotch, I really don't want to stare into that abyss.

He could just be some maniac with cable ties and duct tape in his car boot.

I still think that It's Always Sunny really hit the mark with this kind of thing with the character of Dennis

Candie wrote: »
    I love the escapism of a glossy fashion or interiors magazine, and I'm being absolutely honest when I say I've never seen cover lines like those. They're more likely to be 'Drop a Dress Size by Xmas' or 'Are Office Flirtations Worth it?'. Maybe teen mags are different, I don't know.

What I do know is that I've never read anything even remotely approaching advocating assaulting men on the street by forcing their heads on your crotch, or step by step guides to insulting them just enough to damage their self esteem and make them more easily manipulated into sex, or how to persuade them to have sex with you, even if they make it clear they aren't attracted to you.

I guess our perceptions of what constitutes a social skill or self betterment are different.

As I said there's ridiculous extremes, like this guy, which it would be difficult for anyone to support, so he's not what I'm talking about.

I've seen it on here a few times that once PUA is mentioned you get a number of posters who move straight belittling any men who have or would think of using it.

I think there are many more options out there for women to get skills for talking to men, be it from friends, family, magazines, and this on top of social norms that men should be the ones doing the approaching, which already makes the interaction tougher on the man.

Don't get me wrong, women have their social pressures about how they look, their weight etc but there are many, many companies 'laughing all the way to the bank' looking to capitalize on this. You however don't see the same vitriol posted about women looking for advice on these aspects, even if for many they have the same end goal of finding a partner.

If this had been someone offering guys advice on how to dress to attract a girl, or how to flirt etc there'd be absolutely nothing to worry about. But this is a guy who telling guys that asian women are easy, to just go out and just grab them by the head and shove their faces into your crotch yelling "pikachu!"

there was a video of him, sadly it's been taken down from youtube, that not only showed him doing this, but TELLING people at one of his seminars this is what they should do. it also showed him grabbing a poor girl working at a 711 by the head, he's leaning over the counter, holding her by the head and kissing her saying in a kinda mocking way "beautiful beautiful" and she's absolutely terrified. This is a dude telling guys "hey, just go sexually assault women lol!"

This is what you posted:
    The whole PUA thing is a ****ing scam too, you can bet these kinds of asshats are laughing all the way to the bank. You read some of the marketing guff his 'seminars' have? "Develop panty-dropping masculinity with this rock-solid structure to self-generate the powerful emotions girls crave”? Scientology would be in awe of that kind of bull****.

Sounds like you're changing your tune.

I totally agree that this guy is an 'asshat' but you were against 'the whole PUA thing' which I disagree with.

Don't get me wrong, women have their social pressures about how they look, their weight etc but there are many, many companies 'laughing all the way to the bank' looking to capitalize on this. You however don't see the same vitriol posted about women looking for advice on these aspects, even if for many they have the same end goal of finding a partner.

There are very few cynical systems that utilise manipulation geared towards women. Comparing learning about trying to look better with the kind of dehumanising and exploitative methods espoused by PUA 'coaches' isn't really comparing like for like.

PUA is about mind games, women who try look better or lose weight aren't manipulating anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I just don't see the point of this crap.I'm sure it could work in the short term if you want a ride or something but the key to a long relationship I'd imagine in actually building one another's confidence and not using petty trick to undermine.also putting a woman's face into his crotch? What a dickhead,that's pure Larry Murphy behaviour.
    Sort out your own confidence instead of bringing others down to your level.also you really have no idea what crap some people have going on in their lives so I'd ignore scripted put downs and conversation templates like this fella seems to peddling.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    There are very few cynical systems that utilise manipulation geared towards women. Comparing learning about trying to look better with the kind of dehumanising and exploitative methods espoused by PUA 'coaches' isn't really comparing like for like.

PUA is about mind games, women who try look better or lose weight aren't manipulating anyone.

You go to a bar at night and every part of a woman's appearance could be fake, make up, fake tan, massive wedged heels, push up bra, dress using angles to mask their shape etc etc. That's straight up visually manipulating men by women and it's a massive industry. Just because one's visual and the other verbal it doesn't make too much difference (again I'm going to get ahead of the responses by stating I'm not talking about the extremes of PUA).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I have to admit that I'm somewhat confused. I've a bit of experience in my younger years (admittedly some time ago) with getting into a few panties here and there (perhaps more than a few) and in my experience the key was ALWAYS and WITHOUT exception in making a woman/girl feel good about herself.

:confused:

And as far as I'm concerned pushing a randomers face in your crotch should immediately be followed by a headbut in said crotch. No exceptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

That's straight up visually manipulating men by women and it's a massive industry.

No it's not, it's good advertising.

It's no different than buying a large bag of crisps only to come home and realise it's only half full....

Well....kinda....

Anyways, it's not manipulating

You go to a bar at night and every part of a woman's appearance could be fake, make up, fake tan, massive wedged heels, push up bra, dress using angles to mask their shape etc etc. That's straight up visually manipulating men by women and it's a massive industry. Just because one's visual and the other verbal it doesn't make too much difference (again I'm going to get ahead of the responses by stating I'm not talking about the extremes of PUA).

Make up makes a woman feel better about herself, pua techniques make her feel worse...Targeted lowering of anyones self-esteem is abhorrent.

pua techniques make her feel worse

That's not always true.

wexie wrote: »
    No it's not, it's good advertising.

It's no different than buying a large bag of crisps only to come home and realise it's only half full....

Well....kinda....

Anyways, it's not manipulating

It'd be more deceiving I'd say

This is what you posted:

Sounds like you're changing your tune.

I totally agree that this guy is an 'asshat' but you were against 'the whole PUA thing' which I disagree with.

Oh I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I'm against the whole sleazy thing. Just so we're clear on that ;)

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/voices/2012/05/negging-latest-dating-trend

Never had to use pua techniques to be honest. I'm a grown man who's not afraid of women, they're just other people.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/voices/2012/05/negging-latest-dating-trend

Never had to use pua techniques to be honest. I'm a grown man.

That's an article from 2012, and negging faded out long before then.

That's an article from 2012, and negging faded out long before then.

I don't keep up with latest trends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement