Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Julien Blanc gets destroyed in CNN interview

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

That video doesn't work for me.

Also a video of him doing great things or being lovely won't really sway anybody now.

Were all in agreement he's said some stupid things.

But pua itself is a hugely positive thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

"Too many" has a negative connotations.

One person's "two many" is another person's "not enough". People are different. A fact PUA fails to recognise.

Ahhh come off it you're just spouting complete ring now just for the sake of it

"Too many" has a negative connotations.

One person's "two many" is another person's "not enough". People are different. A fact PUA fails to recognise.

Of course pua recognises that.

You can still gauge what too many is. Person by person.

The pua lesson would be , gauge what's too many and don't exceed it.

That could be 2 texts with one girl. 22 with another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Ahhh come off it you're just spouting complete ring now just for the sake of it

What's "complete ring"?

Nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Then again, if you ring too often you seem needy. Or too eager.

Women are tricky!!

Surly all yours plans etc can bemade in one phonecall...would you really want to be with someone who you end up wreaking you head over weather or not toget in ttouch with them??

I would rather straight talkers/none of that bull...kinda always have

Ah fellers! I'll leave yous to it! Best of luck with it all! Don't forget to keep your tricks a secret though! VERY important. ;)

Lol, there's about 1000 videos on YouTube and about 10,000 websites. And a pretty famous book.

Hardly a secret.

But do indeed, leave the discussion to people who know the subject.

Lol, there's about 1000 videos on YouTube and about 10,000 websites. And a pretty famous book.

Hardly a secret.

But do indeed, leave the discussion to people who know the subject.

:)

If a woman ever knew you were using PUA tecniques, I'd bet my life savings (20 Euro) she'd run a mile. Essential it's kept a secret. I doubt very much you tell, am I right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Corrales67 wrote: »
    It'seems quite scary the power the media had to spin whatever suits their agenda.

This is Julien Blanc.

Pua teaches you how to build genuine authentic confidence, some people alluded to them teaching "fake" confidence. Pua teaches you to build your empathy with women and all people and to treat people as unique individuals contrary to what some people want to think.

Damn. Actually an eye opening video, not gonna lie.

• Advertisement

Haha! Suuuurrrre. ;)

If a woman ever knew you were using PUA tecniques, I'd bet my life savings (20 Euro) she'd run a mile. Essential it's kept a secret. I doubt very much you tell, am I right?

A friend of mine couldn't pull for sh*t then ended up reading a few books about PUA and began to pull all round him. He got so proud of his conquests that he even told a few girls that he used "material" on them and fr the most part they just laughed at it saying it hardly made a difference because he seemed so naturally attractive anyway.

A friend of mine couldn't pull for sh*t then ended up reading a few books about PUA and began to pull all round him. He got so proud of his conquests that he even told a few girls that he used "material" on them and fr the most part they just laughed at it saying it hardly made a difference because he seemed so naturally attractive anyway.

That's a lovely story. Doesn't exactly prove me wrong though, does it?

An anecdote about what some friend of a friend said and an obsessive re-reg posting on a weekend night about how chicks really dig PUA doesn't prove me wrong. Sorry!

An anecdote about what some friend of a friend said and an obsessive re-reg posting on a weekend night about how chicks really dig PUA doesn't prove me wrong. Sorry!

Never said they dig it just that they aren't completely turned off by it and why would they? Is that too much of a shock to your system? In all honesty most women will never know if a guy reads this stuff or not and frankly any decent woman wouldn't and shouldn't care.

Chicks dig PUA 4 eva.

Chicks dig PUA 4 eva.

Being wrong sometimes hurts doesn't it? xoxox

Never said they dig it just that they aren't completely turned off by it and why would they? Is that too much of a shock to your system? In all honesty most women will never know if a guy reads this stuff or not and frankly any decent woman wouldn't and shouldn't care.

So all the women who've posted on this thread expressing their dislike for it aren't decent in your eyes? Can't they have a preference for what they find attractive?

So all the women who've posted on this thread expressing their dislike for it aren't decent in your eyes? Can't they have a preference for what they find attractive?

Yeah but that's tarring all PUA guys with the same brush based on this Julien guy which is completely flawed. It's like claiming all black people are scum just because a black guy murdered a white woman.

Frankly the vast majority of the population, including the members on boards.ie do not have a clue about what PUA actually is.

Isn't negging done with the intention of pulling? Do you think I'm trying to pull here?

Yeah you should watch some more videos and sh*t, I'm not impressed so far :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah but that's tarring all PUA guys with the same brush based on this Julien guy which is completely flawed. It's like claiming all black people are scum just because a black guy murdered a white woman.

Frankly the vast majority of the population, including the members on boards.ie do not have a clue about what PUA actually is.

I never once equated users of PUA to Julien. I understand what attracts some men to it and I imagine they're decent guys for the most part as most people are decent.

I just wouldn't find it attractive and wouldn't find a man who used it attractive.

I've watched some videos. Pure ****e. The gurus are gob****es.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Of course pua recognises that.

You can still gauge what too many is. Person by person.

The pua lesson would be , gauge what's too many and don't exceed it.

That could be 2 texts with one girl. 22 with another.

How in all honesty is a person who doesn't know this already, supposed to be able to gauge what's too much or not enough, without being told that too?

Seriously like, you think this stuff comes naturally to people because it looks that way, to you. What you don't see is that these people have learned from their own experiences, the same thing you're trying to learn from some PUA 'guru'.

Can you see why explaining that to someone would make them laugh? Because it's corny and infantile as fcuk! It could only work on someone of the same or lesser mentality as yourself, and when you reflect on what that says about you, it's hardly going to do much for your self-esteem now, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

So would you say it's not working :P

*it may be time for bed....though any of ye have advice for awkward silences when two supposedly introverts are meant to be having a date ...for a friend like!!! :)

I never once equated users of PUA to Julien. I understand what attracts some men to it and I imagine they're decent guys for the most part as most people are decent.

I just wouldn't find it attractive and wouldn't find a man who used it attractive.

Perfectly acceptable comment to make. That differs greatly from what you said earlier though:

If a woman ever knew you were using PUA tecniques, I'd bet my life savings (20 Euro) she'd run a mile.

You see we can all have our own personal opinions but frankly we don't have a clue about what others like... My point is, and like I said earlier, I know from my friend that the women he has got with don't mind so is it feasible to say that some women do not mind it, and may in fact, God forbid, approve of it?

It's like if a guy gels his hair to make himself look better.

Oh the girls know he's doing it just to look better.

What a swine!!

Perfectly acceptable comment to make. That differs greatly from what you said earlier though:

Nah, it doesn't. Nothing in that quote mentioned the women would equate users of PUA with Julien Blanc, I simply said they'd run a mile if they knew.
    You see we can all have our own personal opinions but frankly we don't have a clue about what others like... My point is, and like I said earlier, I know from my friend that the women he has got with don't mind so is it feasible to say that some women do not mind it, and may in fact, God forbid, approve of it?

Some women don't mind but I doubt most. I'm open to being proven wrong though. A man learning how to interact with me off some gob****e on Youtube is not attractive no matter what way you try to dress it up.

So would you say it's not working :P

*it may be time for bed....though any of ye have advice for awkward silences when two supposedly introverts are meant to be having a date ...for a friend like!!! :)

Personally I have looked into PUA stuff out of curiosity as I know a few lads who're into it, and from them and from my own viewing, the "gurus" you see that are relatively popular are complete frauds who're just there to sell you an attractive looking expensive product but will not help you much or at all.

I have read some stuff by "underground" guys that makes sense to me, a guy who has never really struggled with women, and what I have found correlates across that board and is pretty simple and makes a lot of sense: Make yourself as handsome as possible, have the balls to go talk to people, men and women. Get some hobbies and get involved in things that mean a lot to you and not just to look cool. Learn to love women's company. And do not be afraid to be sexual....this is known as "natural game". Now to the average guy this is all common sense and we all do this anyway. But that's how PUA started...for the geeks and socially shy scholars of the world who needed algebra to unlock her pants, literally.

The average guy is not hugely successful with the opposite sex. I disagree with you.

The average guy needs a lot of help.

• Advertisement

Also, most of the gurus give away hours and hours of tutorials online. YouTube especially.

And if they do seminars, why wouldn't they? Why shouldn't they?

If you're good at something, try to make money from it!

Also, most of the gurus give away hours and hours of tutorials online. YouTube especially.

And if they do seminars, why wouldn't they? Why shouldn't they?

If you're good at something, try to make money from it!

Give me a recommendation of a guru I should check out.

It's not that much cringe.

A bit.

But not that much.

The average guy is not hugely successful with the opposite sex. I disagree with you.

Ugh most average guys have had a few sexual partners in their lives, a few girlfriends and a wife? The vast majority of the adult population have a girlfriend/wife. That's successful to me. I don't know what your success criteria is.

Neil Strauss is always good.

Telling people to get hobbies, dress and exercise and interact with women is the kind of advice people would give you in PI on this forum. How has PUA hijacked common sense? I could tell you that for free!

• Advertisement

Give me a recommendation of a guru I should check out.

Neil Strauss is an excellent opening person to listen to. He's very good and down to earth. He doesn't let being very short and bald hold him back in the slightest. His confidence overcomes that and he is very attractive to women.

Gambler - aims to make relationships instead of one night stands.

Tyler Durden - not a good looking guy at all, a bit ugly, and a bit short but still manages to attract an awful lot of women. He tries to break down how to be charismatic

Ugh most average guys have had a few sexual partners in their lives, a few girlfriends and a wife? The vast majority of the adult population have a girlfriend/wife. That's successful to me. I don't know what your success criteria is.

I would class successful as having a high success rate of attracting a girl that you want to attract.

Maybe that will be every Saturday night.

Maybe that will be to attract one girl he knows and nobody else

But having a high success rate is what I would call successful

Telling people to get hobbies, dress and exercise and interact with women is the kind of advice people would give you in PI on this forum. How has PUA hijacked common sense? I could tell you that for free!

That the thing though. Guys have been brainwashed by guys like this Julien dude, Mystery, Neil Strauss that you need clever lines etc to pull a woman that the "natural game" guys are making money by basically weeding out the bad habits instilled by other "gurus". The most popular PUA book is The Game by Neil Strauss and the advice in that book is ridiculous. Thing is 99% of guys who hear about PUA will read that first, therefore learning bad habits and stuff that frankly wont help them with the average woman.

Why is the advice in the game ridiculous?

Oh and btw Neil Strauss is a great writer, believe me as a story The Game is a masterpiece...but in terms of a "guru" he's a fraud. He sold a product for like 4 or 5 grand just because he could off the fame of his book

• Advertisement

Why is the advice in the game ridiculous?

Wearing latex pants, fishnet shirts, painting your nails black, wearing ridiculous hats....come on now.

I agree. More to that, though, is that most guys, not just average, aren't as successful with women as they'd like or think they are and never will be unless they are already in the top 10% of men, in which case they wouldn't even really need any aid through pua or whatever else. Top 10% being those who could basically pull almost every time, all the time, every day if they wanted (basically being able to have a new girl every night if they wanted). If PUA can help an average guy pull more regularly than he otherwise would, which it does, then it can be a good thing.

Ok, that's mysterys advice. Mystery is a very odd character.

Neil Strauss did not advise that.

Also, I fail to see how he is a fraud. He's 45 , small, bald and he's married to a beautiful young model!

I think a lot of men would strive to pick some lessons from him.

I agree. More to that, though, is that most guys, not just average, aren't as successful with women as they'd like or think they are and never will be unless they are already in the top 10% of men, in which case they wouldn't even really need any aid through pua or whatever else. Top 10% being those who could basically pull almost every time, all the time, every day if they wanted (basically being able to have a new girl every night if they wanted). If PUA can help an average guy pull more regularly than he otherwise would, which it does, then it can be a good thing.

Do you mean the top 10% looking?

If so, again take my Neil Strauss example.

45, small, bald. Married to a beautiful model.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You felt his behaviour wasn't worthy of "outrage". Remember?

No, what I said was that posters who are outraged by PUA techniques in general should look in the mirror about how they alter themselves to influence and mislead others.

But feel free to continue to cite posts that I didn't write, it's a great way to win a debate.
    I did indeed. How do you know how effective it is if you haven't tried it.

You then went off on one about how I'd consider you a dickhead because you interacted with women in the past in a normal, human fashion.

Weird.

So I'd have to go out and act like the guy in the video in order to post that women wouldn't respond well to it? I don't think it's a sustainable rule to have to have directly experienced something in order to discuss it.

I didn't go off on anything, I simply asked a question that if I guy does some PUA techniques naturally would/should he be treated the same way as a guy who learned the technique.

That the thing though. Guys have been brainwashed by guys like this Julien dude, Mystery, Neil Strauss that you need clever lines etc to pull a woman that the "natural game" guys are making money by basically weeding out the bad habits instilled by other "gurus". The most popular PUA book is The Game by Neil Strauss and the advice in that book is ridiculous. Thing is 99% of guys who hear about PUA will read that first, therefore learning bad habits and stuff that frankly wont help them with the average woman.

But Chancer is telling me how great he is. It doesn't sound like you're all singing off the same hymn sheet at all. That's my original criticism of it but apparently I was "talking ring" or whatever you youngins say. I never stated it was all bad and I said it was a "mixed bag" (from what I gather) but I have people jumping on me here telling me how great PUA is and any criticism I make of it is refuted.

No, what I said was that posters who are outraged by PUA techniques in general should look in the mirror about how they alter themselves to influence and mislead others.

Actually, I was wrong in this instance. You didn't defend him. I mistook something you said for defence, so I take that back.
    So I'd have to go out and act like the guy in the video in order to post that women wouldn't respond well to it? I don't think it's a sustainable rule to have to have directly experienced something in order to discuss it.

You spent the last few days defending it so I'd assume you'd have to have some direct experience of it, yes.
    I didn't go off on anything, I simply asked a question that if I guy does some PUA techniques naturally would/should he be treated the same way as a guy who learned the technique.

Nah, you implied that I believed they were dicks.

Ok, that's mysterys advice. Mystery is a very odd character.

Neil Strauss did not advise that.

Also, I fail to see how he is a fraud. He's 45 , small, bald and he's married to a beautiful young model!

I think a lot of men would strive to pick some lessons from him.

Mystery in fact advocates "Natural Game" now. I think Mystery had some mental issues but was a remarkable character, sort of like a more nerdy and more sinister version of Russell Brand. And I'm sorry but anything Neil Strauss said or "taught", it came from Mystery first.

Why would / should we all be singing off the same sheet?

It's like if we had a discussion on soccer, we might all know a lot about it, but we'd all do different formations, pick different players.

Or Christianity, all have the same bible, all take different interpretations!

Do you mean the top 10% looking?

If so, again take my Neil Strauss example.

45, small, bald. Married to a beautiful model.

No, I mean looks, confidence, career, interests, financial worth etc. All the elements that can create attraction for women.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement