Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heineken

• 17-11-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Looking for a reputable company that can sell me containers of Heineken. Looking to export.

Will deal with any country
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you want to deal with a reputable company to do it then contact Heineken and let them know where you are and I am sure they will point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 YPTrading

Yeah, they told me to ring the Asia Pacific office in Singapore. I will be ringing them when they open tomorrow when they open for business.

There is a market for beer made in Holland (or the west), i'm expecting AP Heineken to send me towards their factory in Shen Zhen though.

Getting it any other way is just going to mean you run the risk of getting it watered down by a third party or getting something that is not Heineken at all better safe than sorry. An Irish forum probably isn't the best place to get answers related to the Asian market any way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Connolly's kegs in Navan are the main suppliers around Leinster for Heineken.

sarkakos wrote: »
    my favourite beer

try more beers

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Getting it any other way is just going to mean you run the risk of getting it watered down by a third party or getting something that is not Heineken at all better safe than sorry. An Irish forum probably isn't the best place to get answers related to the Asian market any way!

It does seem like there is no easy answer. It looks like i'd have to create a business in a country close to Holland, then rent warehouse space. Heineken CCEE wont export, and Asia pacific wont sell us Dutch made beer. Still looking, but no quick fix for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Good morning,

Realise that Heineken is a global brand name and obviously has a quality reputation. There are at this stage a significant amount of breweries in Ireland that are looking to export beer. Obviously they would not have the brand / reputation, however by all accounts the beers available are of high quality. Perhaps another avanue to explore ? Feel free to PM me for further details if of interest.

Alternatively would be able to assist you with bonded warehousing options in Belgium and handle the exports from there. Just be carefull in relation to distribution agreements that Heineken has in place in the country or countries you intend to export to. The distributors in those countries may be able to stop you from selling Heineken. The fact that Heineken is not prepared to sell to you and that Asian Pacific doesn't want to sell to you either, strongly suggests that they are protecting the distributors agreement in place.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

YPTrading wrote: »
    It does seem like there is no easy answer. It looks like i'd have to create a business in a country close to Holland, then rent warehouse space. Heineken CCEE wont export, and Asia pacific wont sell us Dutch made beer. Still looking, but no quick fix for this.

Don't forget you'll have to return kegs too.

Don't forget you'll have to return kegs too.

China doesn't really do "Kegs", we'd be looking for bottles.

Been trying to find suppliers that use bonded warehouses in Holland, as the market in China is for Dutch Heineken. The demand blasts supply out of the water, such is the Chinese market for most things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

any medium sized German brewery will sell you any amount of beer you want, but the larger brands probably are same as heineken and dealing with export themselves or licensing the brewing locally.
    I'd also check out commercial drinks suppliers in Germany as they'd be able to supply you with container loads of beer including heineken, especially if you mix it up with a few pallets of warsteiner/ becks/ bit burger and whatnot to avoid too much wrath from heineken copping on to a sudden peak in demand. Somewhere up by Hamburg has you near container terminals direct to Asia.
    The one thing you may want to do is switch the beer bottles from the plastic crates into boxes as every crate is worth about 3euro when you return it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

YPTrading wrote: »
    China doesn't really do "Kegs", we'd be looking for bottles.

Been trying to find suppliers that use bonded warehouses in Holland, as the market in China is for Dutch Heineken. The demand blasts supply out of the water, such is the Chinese market for most things.

Not sure of you are still interested, but saw this on LinkedIn ;

https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/41268-6005785407684382722

If you need any transport / logistics support let me know.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement