Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree deals?

Options
  • 17-11-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone seen any good offers on 7/8ft artificial Christmas trees?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KDutchie

Did you have any luck with this Gee_G? Trying to sort out a good tree myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Woodies usually have good deals, or keep an eye on Aldi/Lidl.

Hi Biko, thanks. I called into woodies alright, looks like great deals but realistically there just over priced to start with. €300, 50% off....same sort of tree is only €150 in other shops! Will keep an eye in Lidl and Aldi too but unless they have them tomorrow I'd say i'm out of luck! I saw one on the B+Q website which looked alright, but didn't know they did them so should have gone and had a look earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Cheers Jacovs. Think it looks a bit empty. What we're really looking for is something that is good enough but isn't overly priced. Like maybe 7ft min, and say around the €150 mark. I've checked Woodies, Argos, B&Q, Hanleys (christmas shop Cork) and Homestore and More. Still not sure what to go for. Had a look at 7ft Nebraska today and thought it was good enough, but looked a bit short, don't think it was 7ft, not much higher than 6ft I think. The 8ft ones are probably too wide for the spot we have for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Cheers for all the answers. Looks like might go for the coop superstore. They seem to have a good selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

KDutchie wrote: »
    Cheers for all the answers. Looks like might go for the coop superstore. They seem to have a good selection.

Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi

Yes I got my tree in a Topline hardware store, by far the best value! 8ft gorgeous full tree for €124.99, I had a look in woodies and I thought they were awful for the money they're asking!

Advertisement