Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Part of Ireland Has the Most Horrid People

• 17-11-2014 6:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

As a Corkman I was going to instinctually post Dublin - but that would have been more reactionary than fair. I once stayed with some people in Cabra and everyone I met was very nice. So there are pockets of human decency in Dublin.

Thinking about it long and hard for me it is Donegal. Particularly once north of Ballyshannon. Everyone seems to be a cross between Eric Cartman, the Banjo Player from Deliverance coupled with the most obnoxious control freak you ever met.

They are also incredibly insular and will accept no wrongdoing of any kind takes place in their county. It is always someone else fault. If you want to murder someone in Donegal, the Guards won't investigate you unless you are from another county.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    As a Corkman I was going to instinctually post Dublin - but that would have been more reactionary than fair. I once stayed with some people in Cabra and everyone I met was very nice. So there are pockets of human decency in Dublin.

Thinking about it long and hard for me it is Donegal. Particularly once north of Ballyshannon. Everyone seems to between a cross be Eric Cartman, the Banjo Player from Deliverance coupled with the most obnoxious control freak you ever met.

They are also incredibly insular and will accept no wrongdoing of any kind takes place in their county. It is always someone else fault.

Love the way Donegal folk don't give a **** about what the rest of the country does actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I love the way people are considered wildly different, depending on which part of a small island they come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

*follows thread* :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I read the title of this thread and came in to say Ballyshannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Good and bad people in all areas of the country.

Just a few c*nts give a whole area a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Wicklow.

All that prosperity & handsomeness leads to arrogance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thinking about it long and hard for me it is Donegal. Particularly once north of Ballyshannon. Everyone seems to be a cross between Eric Cartman, the Banjo Player from Deliverance coupled with the most obnoxious control freak you ever met.

They are also incredibly insular and will accept no wrongdoing of any kind takes place in their county. It is always someone else fault. If you want to murder someone in Donegal, the Guards won't investigate you unless you are from another county.

I was going to say Dublin my self OP, but after reading that I think Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Definitely Dublin. Mainly because of the clampers and politicians

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Not necessarily horrid, but for arrogance probably Cork people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Clankatron

Every single village/town/city and county in Ireland has its minority of scum/dickheads. Most people are cool regardless of where they're from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Nobody here gives a shíte what you think OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

People are all different, they cannot be judged because of where they are from, unfortunately they still are judged . Every County will have their share of as$holes and every County will have their share of saints. I have found people in general are decent and it's just bad luck if you bump into someone nasty .

Also if you bump into a decent person having a bad day because of relationship problems , financial problems or whatever it may be, well you may misjudge them by your experience of meeting them on an off day , when in fact no one is perfect and we all have off days. Hardly an accurate representation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Id say Dublin has both the worst and nicest people in Ireland, its kinda obvious when you think about it with the population of the county and it has nothing to do with being from there, it just that people are people and when you have more living in one place you will get more at opposite ends of the spectrum. One thing I will say for people in Dublin is that whenever I've made a trip up there on my own and went into a bar during the day to watch a game, almost always you will find someone that will strike up a conversation with you. You don't really find that anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

The North...

Definition of 'horrid' in English: Causing horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Once North of Ballyshannon?! So Ballyshannon and Bundoran are alright?! Eh I take it you've neverbeen to Donegal then so OP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Waterford people are angry ****ers while cork are just full of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I had the misfortune of having to live with Cork lads in college. Each 1 a bigger arrogant wanker than the next. Any civilised individual would be too ashamed of that accent to actually open their mouths but not these *****. At least Dublin people had the decency to stay in Dublin but Cork just infested the place like Ebola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Cork.

The problem with cork people is that they genuinely think cork is the centre of the universe. Cork gaa fans are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

One thing I will say for people in Dublin is that whenever I've made a trip up there on my own and went into a bar during the day to watch a game, almost always you will find someone that will strike up a conversation with you. You don't really find that anywhere else

I have to disagree here, I think you'll find that almost anywhere in the country. Anywhere I've ever drank anyway...

DeadHand wrote: »
    I have to disagree here, I think you'll find that almost anywhere in the country. Anywhere I've ever drank anyway...

Jesus that ref is ****e is always a good conversation starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Cark, based on a combination of the OP and 'peoples republic bai'

Having spoken to around 15 cork people in my life I am clearly qualified to speak for all of the county.

Am I doing this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Will tell you when I,v been every where in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Arbour Hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The above ground part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of having to live with Cork lads in college. Each 1 a bigger arrogant wanker than the next. Any civilised individual would be too ashamed of that accent to actually open their mouths but not these *****. At least Dublin people had the decency to stay in Dublin but Cork just infested the place like Ebola.

Live with a Cork wan now. Shes a pure bag of sh**te. Always leaves dirty plates, doesn't take out the bins, doesnt clean the common area and gives out to me for having the tv too loud watching Champions league football during the week when it is not even that loud. Mopes around in her PJs all the time aswell. I only put up with her because she is gone back to Cork from Thursday to Sunday. Moany auld bint

/rant:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Who says horrid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Was always given the impression that anyone living East of the Bann was bad but I've met a few 6 County Nationalists who I never want to meet again. Horrible people...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

So there are pockets of human decency in Dublin..

Pockets of human decency in Dublin? That's nice of you to say.
    Would you ever f**k off bai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Cnuts are like raisins, they're scattered everywhere through the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No contest, Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 soundcrowd

I agree, Donegal. For some bizarre reason the most arrogant people on this island even though The Road should have been filmed there. That stupid put on ooh aye accent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Another vote for cork and also scabby Cavan ***** !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Votes pretty evenly split between Cork and Donegal. All is as it should be, carry on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 jungle_hostage

mosstin wrote: »
    Love the way Donegal folk don't give a **** about what the rest of the country does actually.

very confident and capable people , only monaghan folk are cuter ( and more crooked )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Donegal? Catch yourself on.

Clankatron wrote: »
    Every single village/town/city and county in Ireland has its minority of scum/dickheads. Most people are cool regardless of where they're from.

what an incredibly boring view

• Advertisement

Well I do the sexing with a Donegal man and it's far from Horrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Crying into my beer here, boo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭maniac2003

klare folk

niallo27 wrote: »
    The problem with cork people is that they genuinely think cork is the centre of the universe. Cork gaa fans are the worst.

was in new zealand with a good few people from cork

whenever the rest of us were asked where we were from , we replied ireland

the corkonians replied , you guessed it , cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Eh Cork stupid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What a horrid thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I lived with a group of Italians who thought all Irish people, regardless of what county they were from, were two face faced and loved

bitching about people behind their backs, while being as nice as pie to their face. I disagreed with them at the time but I now think the

Italians may have had a point....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Always found Longford people a bit quare. And not just the big farming Protestants either, they're all a bit off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Always found Longford people a bit quare. And not just the big farming Protestants either, they're all a bit off.
    thinly veiled "Longford man let me down" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Hitchens wrote: »
    thinly veiled "Longford man let me down" :pac:

More than one.... And there was I all set for the 200 acres around Edgewardstown. The fcuker!

• Advertisement
Advertisement