Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Part of Ireland Has the Most Horrid People

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

McGaggs wrote: »

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClovenHoof View Post
    If you want to murder someone in Donegal, the Guards won't investigate you unless you are from another county.

Nope, nothing like this in the news about Cork.

From Cork but hat off, very funny. Deserving of thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

South Dublin.
    I lived there for 6 years.... since moving to the city centre (2012) people actually say hello and actually SMILE!!!!
    I rarely have to go back to south Dub - and even when you go into a shop or café and even say "please" and "thank you" - you get a dirty look!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Wherever I am

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

westport, the snobbery is unreal, the natives are fine but its all the blow ins or the ones who moved to England when they were young and then came home to their favorite place in the whole world

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Mayo. Full of grabbing inbreeding hobbits who think mayo is the only place in the weshest of ireland.

I did the wild Atlantic way for my hols after a day in mayo we gave up on it and headed south, pity as some great scenery but the people are a blight on the landscape, even in Ashford castle the attitude the world is only mayo was ridiculous. Any I nor my gf will be returning to the only county in the weshest,

Sad people, Beautiful scenery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

smurgen wrote: »
    Dublin,horrible *****.literally think they're better than the rest of the Irish.have a bunch of about twenty of them at work and they don't mingle with the rest of us and travel home every weekend.

Well with attitudes like yours, is it any wonder that they don't want to spend with time you, or hang out with you at the weekend ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

No offence intended here but passed through Headford and Ballinrobe once and thought,lord god that's miserable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I have to go along with this Cork thing.
    My friend is in the army in Dundalk and he keeps mentioning this Cork lad, apparently they can't even take a slice of ham from the kitchens or yir man is hanging them out to dry to who-ever will listen to him, apparently he's a big mouth crying fcuk..
    And if they tell him to relax, all he says is... 'I don't geeve a fcuk about none ee yee'!?

True story.

ardle1 wrote: »
    I have to go along with this Cork thing.
    My friend is in the army in Dundalk and he keeps mentioning this Cork lad, apparently they can't even take a slice of ham from the kitchens or yir man is hanging them out to dry to who-ever will listen to him, apparently he's a big mouth crying fcuk..
    And if they tell him to relax, all he says is... 'I don't geeve a fcuk about none ee yee'!?

True story.

yup we are all like that **** cork people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

yup we are all like that **** cork people :rolleyes:

Cork folk are money mad .... glad to leave there I was... landlord had euro signs in his eyes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cork folk are money mad .... glad to leave there I was... landlord had euro signs in his eyes :(
    Is there anywhere you do like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Dublin,horrible *****.literally think they're better than the rest of the Irish.have a bunch of about twenty of them at work and they don't mingle with the rest of us and travel home every weekend.

What, all 1m of us?
    SMJSF wrote: »
    South Dublin.
    I lived there for 6 years.... since moving to the city centre (2012) people actually say hello and actually SMILE!!!!
    I rarely have to go back to south Dub - and even when you go into a shop or café and even say "please" and "thank you" - you get a dirty look!

What, all .5m of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wupucus

council estates on the north side of Dublin=septic boils on the arsehole of the country!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

As an outsider, im not sure what i thnk of the human race!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

The people that move to Dublin from the country tend to be a special kind of horrid. Not all of them mind.bug ideas of themselves and a put on accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Portrush & Carrickfergus.

The folk on Shankill rd Belfast for some reason never smiled and say failte to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Rathkeale.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

People from Tipperary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Tolerant bunch aren't we.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭EganTheMan

Kildare

nuke the country and start again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Tralee, never liked Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

galway

mini liverpool..i mean north wickla.... glenroe has alot to answer for !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

What, all 1m of us?

What, all .5m of us?

In my experience of the people I've met, Dublin people are the most horrible.I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Dublin people, all of them. They'll either be wearing tracksuits or just suits.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Well with attitudes like yours, is it any wonder that they don't want to spend with time you, or hang out with you at the weekend ? :rolleyes:

The people from other counties don't seem to have an issue with us.

The people that move to Dublin from the country tend to be a special kind of horrid. Not all of them mind.bug ideas of themselves and a put on accents

Typical dub attitude.

• Advertisement

Don Kedick wrote: »
    Dublin people, all of them. They'll either be wearing tracksuits or just suits.

Thats not true Don... some dubs wear suits.............we call them the accused!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Edenderry, full of mad bastards. Their local nightclub is a cage, and I mean an actual cage. At first I thought I had mistakenly entered an MMA arena but no, twas just the local boozer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Valentia Island folk look to be the same here in Kerry.... inbred. Genetically modified!

Haha
    Yes Valentia island
    Strange folk, reminds me of the wicker man.
    I half expected the locals to start singing THE LANDLORDS DAUGHTER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you lived in a deeply rural area in Donegal? I think it is the limited gene pool

I've lived in deeply rural Donegal my whole life and strongly identify with it, even though I'm at college. Not entirely sure where you were but I don't agree at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Rathgar (pron.: "Roth-gorrr") / Ranelagh (pron.: "Ron-ull-ah"). Full of pretentious f.uck-heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The people from other counties don't seem to have an issue with us.

Eh, have you not been reading the thread at all? Right now, Cork seem to be in the lead with the most votes, with Donegal coming in a close second.

The posts are from just the first couple of pages FFS.
    ArtyC wrote: »
    Another vote for cork and also scabby Cavan ***** !
    humbert wrote: »
    Votes pretty evenly split between Cork and Donegal. All is as it should be, carry on...
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    I had the misfortune of having to live with Cork lads in college. Each 1 a bigger arrogant wanker than the next. Any civilised individual would be too ashamed of that accent to actually open their mouths but not these *****. At least Dublin people had the decency to stay in Dublin but Cork just infested the place like Ebola.
    joe stodge wrote: »
    Cork.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    The problem with cork people is that they genuinely think cork is the centre of the universe. Cork gaa fans are the worst.

What was that again about people from other counties not liking ye? :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Dublin wins this contest hands down. Well done Dublin on having the most horrible people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Mayo. Full of grabbing inbreeding hobbits who think mayo is the only place in the weshest of ireland.

I did the wild Atlantic way for my hols after a day in mayo we gave up on it and headed south, pity as some great scenery but the people are a blight on the landscape, even in Ashford castle the attitude the world is only mayo was ridiculous. Any I nor my gf will be returning to the only county in the weshest,

Sad people, Beautiful scenery

Arra musha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Mountjoy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Dublin airport. Hate that fcuking place and the people working there.

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Dublin airport. Hate that fcuking place and the people working there.

why?, they tell u that ya need to smell better and spray ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Have you lived in a deeply rural area in Donegal? I think it is the limited gene pool....and I disagree re there not being a similarity between locals. Valentia Island folk look to be the same here in Kerry.... inbred. Genetically modified!

I lived in Inishowen. Where I lived people were lovely and friendly. I will admit that they all had the same last names.

When I was in Glenties and around that area the people were all very strange. very insular and didn't like outsiders.

The thing is that Inishowen is well over an hour, maybe two hours from Glenties. These areas are all very detached from each other. They might as well be Longford and Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you do like?

Kerry! Love kerry! I only mentioned Donegal and Cork! Plenty other places in Ireland!Stop exaggerating! Clearly you are from Cork or Donegal or both!

And loved Mayo even though they were inbred they were kind....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Grayson wrote: »
    I lived in Inishowen. Where I lived people were lovely and friendly. I will admit that they all had the same last names.

When I was in Glenties and around that area the people were all very strange. very insular and didn't like outsiders.

The thing is that Inishowen is well over an hour, maybe two hours from Glenties. These areas are all very detached from each other. They might as well be Longford and Wicklow.

Yep, a lot of people don't realise the size of Donegal. Can take hours to get from one side to the other, road surface doesn't help though.

Hail from Inishowen myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Wicklow.

All that prosperity & handsomeness leads to arrogance

North Wicklow - Snobbish and full of snakes.

South Wicklow - Give it to Wexford plz

West Wicklow - Give to Kildare immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mahogany wrote: »
    North Wicklow - Snobbish and full of snakes.

South Wicklow - Give it to Wexford plz

West Wicklow - Give to Kildare immediately

I take it you're from east Wicklow then. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

I take it you're from east Wicklow then. :D

North/East ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Marion Morrison

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    As a Corkman I was going to instinctually post Dublin - but that would have been more reactionary than fair. I once stayed with some people in Cabra and everyone I met was very nice. So there are pockets of human decency in Dublin.

Thinking about it long and hard for me it is Donegal. Particularly once north of Ballyshannon. Everyone seems to be a cross between Eric Cartman, the Banjo Player from Deliverance coupled with the most obnoxious control freak you ever met.

They are also incredibly insular and will accept no wrongdoing of any kind takes place in their county. It is always someone else fault. If you want to murder someone in Donegal, the Guards won't investigate you unless you are from another county.
    mosstin wrote: »
    Love the way Donegal folk don't give a **** about what the rest of the country does actually.
    Surprised with so many Donegal responses, I know a good few Donegal people, and have always found them lovely. I love the accent, and always found them to be really friendly and warm, great craic - always joking about, extremely chatty and very decent/fair people really. Well the one's I've met have been anyways!:)
    Can't think of anywhere that has "horrid" people as a majority.
    As has been said there are pricks everywhere but I think most people are generally nice.

They are confident and do their own thing a lot.
    It sounds like a jelously thing more than anything else, must visit and make my own mind up sometime.
    I once worked in a job where I had to talk to people from all over the country, I talked to so many people that eventually i could almost tell what way the phone call was going to go based on the address that came up on my screen. of course there were lovely and horrible people every where but there were too distinct areas that without fail had people that were very awkward to deal with. In terms of people who just were not nice, had no manners and were out to gain whatever they could, ballincollig was by far the worst area. so, not all of cork, just the area of ballincollig. 
    the second is not an area in ireland but a nationality living in Ireland and that was people from Nigeria, they are nice people generally but they are hard to deal with because each emotion they experienced effected them 100 times more than anyone else. when they are happy they are really really happy but on the other side when they are angry they are furious, it was overwhelming at times no matter what emotion you encountered!

Intresting observations

• Registered Users Posts: 33 soundcrowd

They are confident and do their own thing a lot.

Nah, it's more arrogant I'd say.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Too late for a poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

In terms of people who just were not nice, had no manners and were out to gain whatever they could, ballincollig was by far the worst area. so, not all of cork, just the area of ballincollig.
    Haha, I know it well. Initially with this thread I was being all sensible and thinking people are the same proportion of nice/nasty anywhere, but this point has made me rethink: I totally know what you mean. There genuinely is a bit of an attitude emanating from the 'Collig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement