Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clearance

Options
  • 17-11-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi , I have received an offer of a position in childcare pending Garda clearance in other words I can't start the position until this comes back. I have been waiting nearly three weeks now and am interested if anyone knows how long this is currently taking or has took for them?

Really frustrates me as I am still claiming the dole whilst I can't get to start this job as u wait for thi even though have it for previous jobs doesn't matter such a stupid system in ireland which is actually holding places up

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maryaisling1

I worked in the Garda Vetting Unit for 6 months. There are huge backlogs and that is most likely the only reason for your delay. Unless they have found something untoward on your pulse profile and are investigating it which Im sure they are not. It is frustrating...but they let all of us (temporary contract workers) go so back to the long wait. Totally ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The current turnaround is around 3 weeks for most forms, although seasonal peaks (Santas etc.) mean that may lengthen a little for the next few weeks. If you've ever lived in NI that will add extra time to the processing time for your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

Thanks for your reply!that is ridiculous they let yous go! every td i have contacted blatantly lied saying hired extra people in there. Was it very frustrating with regards checking people several times as in did you receive several of the same person? i last time i was waiting had 8 clearances in (cover work in 6 places all needing different ones, college course ,then a job offer ) i think its absolute joke wasting money! and most importantly not protecting children!!!
    I worked in the Garda Vetting Unit for 6 months. There are huge backlogs and that is most likely the only reason for your delay. Unless they have found something untoward on your pulse profile and are investigating it which Im sure they are not. It is frustrating...but they let all of us (temporary contract workers) go so back to the long wait. Totally ridiculous.

Thank you for your reply. How do you know this? have you received your own clearance in three weeks?

quote="pow wow;93087076"]The current turnaround is around 3 weeks for most forms, although seasonal peaks (Santas etc.) mean that may lengthen a little for the next few weeks. If you've ever lived in NI that will add extra time to the processing time for your application.[/quote]

also i lived abroad will this hold it up?
    lynyg18 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply!that is ridiculous they let yous go! every td i have contacted blatantly lied saying hired extra people in there. Was it very frustrating with regards checking people several times as in did you receive several of the same person? i last time i was waiting had 8 clearances in (cover work in 6 places all needing different ones, college course ,then a job offer ) i think its absolute joke wasting money! and most importantly not protecting children!!!

• Advertisement

So Frustrating that they let over 20 of us go. They did take on more people but in reality they moved other civil servants from redundant departments to Thurles where the vetting unit is based. I was good at my job and a lot more efficient than existing staff members and it really p. me off to be let go. But however...Approximate turn around should be about three weeks, and sometimes there can be hold ups if you have lived abroad and not declared your address there...everyone in Ireland (bar your a baby), should have a pulse profile, if your stopped for tax of a car for example it would be mentioned. As regarding checking people several times, I believe that was a must as just because someone has been cleared with vetting in 2013 for example, does not mean that they stay clear for the following year, you cannot assume someone is clear especially when working with vulnerable adults and children. It is so very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

As far as I know, they dont check your address abroad

I worked there, and yes they do.

Advertisement