Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB device disconnecting 3 seconds after being plugged in

Options
  • 17-11-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭

I have one of those 3rd party Xbox wireless receivers (http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-other-devices/connections/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows) which I purchased a few months ago and it initially worked fine but lately whenever I plug it in, it disconnects after 3 seconds.

I have tried the following...

- Reinstalling the driver

- Tested on 3 other computers (some with the correct driver, some without). The device appears in Device Manager for 3 seconds then disappears and isn't even listed under "Hidden Devices" as "Unknown device"

- Tried putting it into every conceivable USB port (powered and non-powered)

- I've tried changing the Power Options for USB (disabling "Allow Windows To Turn Off This Device.." in USB Root Hubs ... setting "USB selective suspend" to disabled under Power Options)

all for nowt...

I'm out of ideas, the thing hasn't been dropped or damaged in anyway. Is it possible it just burnt out ??
    Can a device in such a state still connect momentarily to the USB port?

When it connects, it's still recognised correctly as a "Wireless Xbox receiver" under Device Manager, so there must be some communication going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any ideas on something else I could try, or is this thing dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Simple Computers

If device was working OK before and you checked it on few PCs it looks that device itself its broken. If you get it few months ago it still have warranty so I will recommend to contact place where you bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yeah thought as much, got it online so slim chance but worth a shot before shelling out for a more expensive one

Advertisement